LegacyGT.com

Car Trek I: The Long Drive Home

As most of you may know, I am buying Subastyle's Legacy GT. I arrived in VT tonight to take delivery.

DAMN. That is a fine car. A little louder than I expected, but sounds good. Looks even better. Drives nice, at least in first and second gears on dark, unfamiliar streets... We'll see tomorrow what kind of highway legs it has.

Thanks so much to Subastyle. He and his wife have been a great help. They have a great looking kid, now, too, which will probably not let him have enough time to himself to miss his legacy too much.

Sorry, Subastyle, if I seemed a little unaffected this evening, but I was still a bit dazed and just a touch lagged from the air pressure changes and the flights. I assure you, I am much more excited than I probably appeared to be this evening...

Subastyle met us at the airport, and let me drive the car to the hotel. There we met Mrs. Subastyle, and newborn Suba-junior, and then my wife and I sat down to an excellent, but large dinner.

After a very short and non-agressive shake-down spin, up and back down the main street in town, I am still feeling like I am driving someone else's car. 1200 miles in the next two days should take care of that...

A red Prelude cut me off, mere inches from the front bumper. That horn has to change. The exhaust on this car is louder and more fierce than that horn!

Tonight, back at the lodge, it is was time to take a bit closer of an admiring look. Luckily our late luggage was delivered, and we've settled in for the night.

For now, time to :rtfm:, and burn some CD-Rs for the changer on the trip. And some sleep.

In the morning... temporary in-transit tags, final paperwork, and packing the car for the journey westward through New York State, Niagara Falls, and Ontario, Canada, to ultimately see some relatives in Ann Arbor Michigan, tomorrow night.

To Be Continued...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
congrats! can't wait for pics. that sure was a sweet car to see in person.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Awesome! I hope you'll be as happy with yours as I am with mine! We both have looked for years, and waited for 'the right one'. My 1500 mile trip from TX back to NC was fantastic. I made it back 6+ hours earlier than I thought. lol.

Again, congrats to Subastyle and IWanna! :)

Archived