LegacyGT.com

Car Trek I: The Long Drive Home

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just threw some pictures up on my .mac account, just to host them somewhere. you can check them out here. the full size pictures are a little on the large side, and take a moment to load, so be aware.

http://homepage.mac.com/mkutzli/PhotoAlbum3.html

I just heard that Bufallo, NY got two feet of snow...

Boy am I glad I am not there right now. If I were driving this week instead of last, we'd be stranded.

AWD would be a moot point, even with two sets of wheels and tires, as they are ALL summer tires! :D

It is weird. Just after we went on that trip, things have been happening....

We left Burlington VT on Friday morning, and a girl goes missing, last seen a day later.

We stopped for gas and lunch in Erie, PA, and later hear on the news that some crazy person was fighting with her husband, and using their 4-week old infant as a weapon, and cracked the poor kid's skull. (crazy stuff... who are these freaks? Who uses an infant like a bat?)

And now two feet of snow in mid-October, in Buffalo, NY, not even a week after we drive through...

What is going to happen in Cleveland OH, South Bend IN, Chicago, IL, and Davenport IA, next?

Beautiful pix! :) Thanks for the update; it's inspiring.

Your LGT looks SLAMMED in those pics! hahaha. What's the setup if I may ask? :)

Came from Subastyle that way...

Lowered on whiteline springs, OE struts, and Exel TZ-10 Wheels, Kumho Ecsta Supra tires, size escapes my recall at the moment.

The Miata has ASA LS5 wheels, 215/40-16 Toyo T1R tires, and is not lowered. We bought it with 3k miles and those wheels... I don't think the previous owner lowered it.

The Motorcycle is a 1989 Honda Hawk GT, with a Honda 599 Hornet windscreen, and CB-1 Clip on handlebars. Metzeler Sportec M1 radials, and way too few miles lately. Needs a new chain, and probably the forks gone through soon.

Thanks for the kind complements.

Yeah... I didn't go downstate. Maybe it is just a northeast thing... I didn't go anywhere near NYC, and that plane crash is pretty sad.

So what was your final post count at purchase time?

Mastercard's view on this transaction was quoted as:

'2,600 posts of longwinded endless rants on everything: 3 days IWSS life'

'Cost to get a new to IWSS car home from NY: $2K + cost of car'

'No longer able to rant about wanting a car: priceless to the forum '

j/k congrats!

Archived