LegacyGT.com

kansas & kansas city people?

Seth1784

I am the person keeping seth from modding. He has heard alot about my problems and witnessed some of them too. I think stage 2 is about as far as you should take it. Or maybe even a protuned stage two. I am just a speed freak and you gotta pay to play. Mine has been very expensive. Hence the reason why the lgt is sittin on jack stands with the tranny on the floor waiting for a new clutch beings my new RPS took a dump on me and exploded after 500+ miles. It is taking every bit of me to keep this car and not go and buy a new suby.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

trent... lol if i had enough money to where the car was paid off, or whatever i had a home... and i was able to id do what you have done lol. i love how your car pulls like a freakin beast! id loooove to just mess with some honda tuners or something. be like oh nah man its just an auto then smoke the shit out of their cars lol. that would be a very nice feeling... being the auto underdog and all :) maybe one day when i win the lotto lol! (if i ever even played)

lindsey... ok cool, cobb map treating you well i take it? id be curious to know how you like stage two as well lol.

Seth, yea the Cobb map is just fine. I noticed when I flashed it in, the car was more responsive and you could tell it pulled harder than before. Having an automatic, it's a must do mod! I am really looking forward to the TDC map, since everyone says it's better than the Cobb map. And I can't wait to hear my cat-back. I wish that resonator pipe would get here!

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas! Be safe if you have to travel. :)

lindsey... thanks for the accessport info :D very very helpful!

happy holidays to everyone! hope everyone has a good one and is safe as well.

did a little mini mod yesterday while washing my car... did the "new" required drl elimination... couldnt get the little bugger to release from the clip so i just cut it and i can splice it back if need ever arise... buuuut now i am drl'less! can finally look into some hids for the future. since i have always wanted them... some kick ass 4300k mmmmmm.

Hey Trent, good to see you sold your H-techs quick. I've thought about getting those before, how did you like the ride with them on? Did you install them yourself?

The ride was nice. Seth thought it was a little rough but when lowering your vehicle 1" it rode like a caddy. I had never done springs before on any vehicle before this one. It took me 3 hours to do it and no problems. Well happy new year.

Trent

yea i thought it rode a bit on the rough side. i had my rsx lowered with Tanabe GF210 springs... dropped about 1.3" all the way around. that rode softer then stock did. trents just rode stiff to me... granted i know it was mostly the crappy Tein spring (dont like them and never have, which trent knows lol). i think the best comfort spring we would probably have is the Swift spring to be honest. Tein isnt really known from what i have read for being "soft" in the lowing department.

trent... i am ordering my crap today, the batcap and the hushmat. if you know some people that know fleshe... start talking to them. called last night, been calling once a day now, and his phone is finally back on. but it was dead or off... im getting sick of the run around crap. i left him another pm a week ago he has still not responded to. i am tempted to go hunting around wichitaracing to find who knows him and someone to get my damn xbox back. also i still have yet to hear from greg on getting my damn money back.... go figure. i was going to call him today telling him again i want my damn money, was curious if you have talked to him at all.

I like my Tein H-Techs. The only criticism I have is that it does get a little rough when there are more than 2 people in the car (especailly when they're fat asses like me :lol: ). I'd be all over that 27th road trip to KC but I'll be in southern Israel during that time. Damn.

Hey Seth, what kind of meet is it? I'd be down with that.

By the way, I saw a silver LGT on the way to work today. Stock wheels, not debaged or anything. It was turning into corporate woods in overland park. I think he saw me, but not sure.

Chuck... lol, i like your review on the htechs! :D did you get them from Trent? i thought they made the car look damn sharp with the drop level.

Lindsey... car meet kind of thing, they will meet up hang out for a little while waiting on everyone, drive around for a while, go off eat dinner, then apparently they are wanting to go bowling after dinner. something like that possibly a different order... i haven't 100% decided if i will go or not. there are two people going i really dont care to be around but others are asking me to go left and right soooo im contimplating it. figure if some of you would like to go i will show. audio should be done for that meet... i should finish up with trent and his friend buff on the 20th or 21st. so id have something to show off lol!

oh and Lindsey, if you are still wanting to... i have a payment finally pending on my clutch so if you still want rid of the blow off then i could swap with you then. if not totally cool too :)

it honestly doesnt matter to me :) if you want to keep it then keep it lol i dont want to take it if you want it still lol! i will just put the money to a hand held gps unit i have had my eye on since i dont have navigation anymore. soooo either way its good with me lol! :D

oh and i do want a rid in your car to see how much stage one does and all.

I'll sell it to you if you want it. I just thought you could ride in my car first and hear it to see if you like it. It only takes a few minutes to remove it so I could have it on your car in no time. Plus, we could switch engine covers too. Mine is in great condition, and the BOV cutout is very nicely done. Just let me know. :)

lol it honestly doesnt matter... i may go after the gps unit, they dropped down to 450ish right now. it used to be clear the hell up at 660! soooo im thinking of going after that right now. i'll let you know... hell though if you still want it i dont want to take it from you cause you feel obligated cause we talked about it already ahhahah! if you want it keep it i really wont mind :)

yea im torn right now if i will make it or not. part of me is wanting to, others aren't. there are a couple people i really don't care to be around right now that i know will really really get on my nerves. i also totally spaced off the fact that next weekend is my girls birthday soooo money might be a little tighter then i had originally thought lol!

hell i will probably pass, i kind of feel like you are just selling it because of what we talked about and you know i kind of want it :). the navigation will be a little more useful anyhow lol!

Well my car is almost back together and I found 2 other vehicles I want. One would mean trading in my pickup and the other would mean trading in my car.

The cheapest one is a 2000 impreza 2.5RS 2dr. I have loved these since I got into subarus. The original rally car. The problem is that it is non turbo and will cost alot of money to make fast. But, I will still get to keep the lgt.

The pricey one is a 2004 sti stroked to a 2.8L and built for 800whp but is at close to 600whp now. The problem I have with this car is I didn't build it ( pride in the build ) This would save me alot of time of course. The there is all of the custom parts that it has on it that may cost an arm and a leg to replace.

What do you honestly think.

Trent

i dunno mano... you'd loose a lot of money on the legacy thats for sure. thats one reason id say keep it. you have done so much to not let it stay and enjoy it.

the 2.5rs has a horrible transmission... you'd have to deal with a transmission that wouldnt be able to handle much power. which would be pointless if you wanted it fast. not to mention like you said a lot to make it go fast.

STi i dunno man... sounds nice but like you said expensive parts. and you know where are you are now, when you push the power envelope it tends to push back in breaking your parts and stuff.

i dunno id keep the legacy... its paid for and such... id stay that way.

trent... good to hear you are back up and running, making you want to keep the car again! :D you know im going to need another ride after the clutch is all broke in and stuff lol!!!

also with all the ice and crap supposedly coming, i am wondering how the install on my car will go... i dont like to work on crap in the cold lmfao!

Archived