LegacyGT.com

kansas & kansas city people?

Seth1784

Walker... thats too bad man... :( i heard a lot of those copper gaskets have blow outs that really blows. when i had my old exhaust swapped on my old car they used a cream like bond at the exhaust shop we used. it was pretty damn neat he said it took the place of the normal gasket and would hold very very well. might want to look into it, i have no idea what it was called though. :(

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just wanted everyone to know that my car is back to running like a champ.. seems the stock fuel pressure regulator can't handle the flow of the walbro fuel pump. So, I got an aeromotive Fpr.

http://www.3sxperformance.com/images/fuel-pressure-regulator-aero13109-an6-03-150.jpg

It was a very good game. I had alot of fun ( and beer ). We drank before the game cause 8.25 was way to much for 20oz cup. I wanted to see a good game and that is what I got.

Most people would hate their car breaking and running like crap. I don't mind it cause I learn more about the car . It also gives me the excuse to mod it more.

i officially hate idiotic people :( someone put a quarter size dent in my car... right along the rear wheel well. right were the fender goes from the flat part then curves up to the body... figures its on a body line. makes it look really really bad. no note no nothing on my car, just a damn dent that i saw 12 or so feet off away from my car. im so pissed and sad all rolled into one.

any ideas on what i'd be looking at to get it fixed? :(

That sucks dude. It just makes me angry when someone does that and they don't leave a note. Would they want the same to happen to them?

I park far away whenever I can, and still have a few door dings. I just found a little indent on the edge of my bumper, and no idea how it happened. It didn't scratch or chip the paint though, which is good, but it still pisses me off.

I would just have a PDR guy look at it, and see if it can be fixed. If it can, get several estimates, and tell them YOU are paying for it, not insurance. That way you get a better price. I think when I get a tax refund at the beginning of the year, I'm going to get my door dings fixed. It's such an eyesore when you seem them every day, you know?!

People with no respect for someone else's property suck!

trent... yea it blows... i was upset and sad all in one, wanted to yell at someone for sure.

lindsey... thanks for the advice... in sedgwick here there is our business, that runs along a road, and well there is a bar next to us that has a bunch of idiots come in and out all day. i know it was one of them. its just pretty bad because im on the second to the last stall... so i mean the person next to me could have parked a LONG ass ways away no problem instead this happens.

i know from now on i am taking the extra time needed to go to the back of the building, unlock the gate, go through a lot longer, withstand the reaking smell of the grease vat thing that the bar keeps in the damn back, and just let my poor car stay there... its sad though, i wont get to look at her through the window anymore. :(

also looks like im going to get some pdr quotes... *sigh*

i couldnt get my cobb up pipe to seal between the manifold to up pipe. even if i tried the proper tightening procedures. Finally I doubled up the gasket with the old one and a new one (OEM) and tightend to 50 ft lbs instead of the 26-28, and I havent had a problem since

i couldnt get my cobb up pipe to seal between the manifold to up pipe. even if i tried the proper tightening procedures. Finally I doubled up the gasket with the old one and a new one (OEM) and tightend to 50 ft lbs instead of the 26-28, and I havent had a problem since

Thats great man. I like the up's with the flex joint but I just use a sti up instead... can't go wrong with 50bucks.

Hey Walker,

Sorry to hear about the gasket. I also have a Crucial uppipe, waiting to be installed. Are you going to buy another copper gasket, or are you going to get some OEM ones? I'm just curious since I have the same up, and I want the install to go as smooth as possible. Also, did you have any fitment issues when doing the install?

Thanks for the condolensces all, but its not really that bad and it's my fault for not retightening the exhaust manifold to up-pipe bolts.

I already ordered another set of copper gaskets from Crucial, shoud be here by tuesday or Wednesday I hope. I have always used copper gaskets on builds and when retorqed per isntructions work very well. I just got in a hurry to tune stage 2. The leak really isn't affecting performance except on initial boost. The sound is damn annoying though.

I actually have the Crucial coated up and coated 1/2 down. I am still using my stock cat on the mid. Custom 2.5 inch after that. Everything fit perfectly and Jeremy went to great lengths to make my install a success by sending me a few extra nuts and bolts since I found one missing when I took everything apart.

Sometimes the sequence that the parts are put together can have a huge impact on how well they fit together.

I Bolted the manifold to the up first and lined it up with the turbo and started the bolts there. Then I torqed down the manifold to up bolts to about 40lbs. No way in hell 40 lbs is gonna break a high grade bolt.

I then test fit the downpipe to the mid. Once I was sure everything lined up right i torqued the up to turbo. Re-attached the down to turbo and midpipe and tightened both end up at the same time until they were snug plus a 1/2 turn. Then torque everything else down to spec.

Go drive and come back and retorqe everything. This is the step i screwed up because i was too lazy to get back under the car and retorqe the manifold to up. it's worth the extra effort.

Thats cool man. I had my wife and father in law ( 68 ) help drop the tranny. Then I had my wife help get the tranny half way on the engine til I needed more help under the car so I figured I would give her a break . Then I called up sam and we goterdone . I finished getting everthing put back together around 1230 tonight.

Don't forget to bring me that disc and tv. Later.

yea i haven't forgot yet, only time the last week i went to wichita was for a movie saturday night with some of my cousins... which lasted untill 11:30 so i just went home after that. i didn't really feel like bugging you that late. sooner or later i will be in town... just not sure as to when yet. i'm also not sure when i will pick up my last amp. my car insurance is due this week along with me needing to christmas shop and crap which really blows. i also need to call and talk to Greg about the box crap... i have been putting that off for a good while now. i feel like i am going to piss him off asking him to back out and give me my money back. i figured id give him a little something to cover the cost of the mdf but that's it.

just too much crap i need to buy, not enough time and money... :(

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. Now it's back to sitting here and staring at a computer screen all day!

BTW, I ordered some Cusco sways, and I'll be installing those hopefully as soon as I get the revised resonator pipe for the Megan Racing cat-back. I know I should have gotten a downpipe first, but I really wanted a little more sound from the car. I'm hoping the exhaust won't be too hard to install, but what about the sway bars? Anyone had experience with those?

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. Now it's back to sitting here and staring at a computer screen all day!

BTW, I ordered some Cusco sways, and I'll be installing those hopefully as soon as I get the revised resonator pipe for the Megan Racing cat-back. I know I should have gotten a downpipe first, but I really wanted a little more sound from the car. I'm hoping the exhaust won't be too hard to install, but what about the sway bars? Anyone had experience with those?

the exaust should only take about 20min or less. The sway doesn't look to bad to do . I have been around them alot but haven't touched them. I only drive crazy in a straight line and there isn't alot of twisty roads here to enjoy a nice suspension. Good luck

fastest kansas lgt in the house :icon_cool !!!!!!!!!!!! chuckzul will probably stop through here eventualy . I think he is on a secret mission (007). BTW I got my bumper cover back on with the brackets I modified and the bumper cover fits great again.

Yeah, shaken, not stirred. Slowest Legacy in Kansas here :lol: . No secret mission, other than changing diapers, baby sitting and going to school. We need to have a Wichita Legacy get together. We could probably fill half a booth at Old Chicago.

lol im down for that! granted i dunno i might be the slowest after my audio goes in... i know that will weight me down like another person in the car. :D

also old chicago is good pretty much anytime lol!

im seth by the way (obvious i know)

welcome chuckzul!

Archived