LegacyGT.com

kansas & kansas city people?

Seth1784

curious to know how many Kansas Legacy owners we have... i know one (Trent) other then that i dont know anyone lol. i have seen a few running around, but only about three total. all of which were blues lol.

id also be interested in setting up a meet of sorts, possibly linking up with some people in kansas city (kcsubaru). i have meet with some of them and they are a pretty nice group of people.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
sorry trent! i was out in independence kansas (3 hours from here) working at Cessna with two co workers... my cell was acting up like crazy it wouldnt do anything. but i was working from 8am and i got home at 2:45pm only got a lunch... tooooootally sucked. i left you a voicemail last night? didnt get it i take it?

• 3 weeks later...

Im in independence MO. Driving an Outback XT. Just went stage two this past weekend and loving it. Im still getting some sort of noise out of her though when i first get in in the morning first mile or so when i hit boost I am getting what sounds like a louder turbo sound, then it goes away. Ive checked everywhere and cant find a leak. Need to have one of you all listen to it and tell me what you think.

By the way witchitalegacy, nice B-Day mines Aug 31 also but I was born in 68.

What all have you done to your car, like the 12.60's your getting?

Im in independence MO. Driving an Outback XT. Just went stage two this past weekend and loving it. Im still getting some sort of noise out of her though when i first get in in the morning first mile or so when i hit boost I am getting what sounds like a louder turbo sound, then it goes away. Ive checked everywhere and cant find a leak. Need to have one of you all listen to it and tell me what you think.

By the way witchitalegacy, nice B-Day mines Aug 31 also but I was born in 68.

What all have you done to your car, like the 12.60's your getting?

Did you change your up pipe? If so, I would suggest you have a leak there between the up and exaust manifold . If you took off your exaust manifold you want to retighten those after a few days or hours. I had this happen when I was running stage 2 and couldn't find the leak anywhere. When I went to my 20g setup and pulled off the exaust manifold to put on headers I found for one that I was missing a nut:lol: and I had blew out half of the gasket. Also when you change anything between the exaust manifold and turbo you want to tighten the bolts in the order of header-uppipe---/---uppipe-turbo---/---header-engineblock. This will ensure proper seals between these parts.

On my car I have the following....

Deadbolt zilla 20g pnp clipped turbine Wrx fitment

Perrin Fmic

Perrin turbo inlet

PE 850cc injectors

Walbro Fuel pump

Cobb dp

Sti up

Greddy evo 2 exaust

K&N intake

Apexi avc-r boost controller

accessport

Tein h-techs

Protuned by Doug from Topspeed

She has alot more in her, but I am waiting for my clutch to arrive:icon_bigg

NON performance mods

Cleansweep

Modded Xbox with 250gig hd

Kenwood 7in. widescreen in factor nav location

Diamond audio 6.5 D6's and coaxils

2 12" Diamond subs in custom fiberglass box

Alpine 4 channel amp

Kicker 2 channel amp

All work done by me. Can't afford to pay anyone to do it for me:( . Great learning experience though. If you have any questions feel free to ask or pm me. Take it easy.

Trent

Yea, I don't see many Legacys in KC, especially GTs. I'd love to have a meet sometime!

I'm stage one right now. As soon as I install my MR cat-back I'll load my protune map. I've kinda slowed down on the mods for now, since I have to pay for house repairs and all, but I'll eventually get her to stage 2. I have a Crucial up in the closet, waiting for me to buy a downpipe. I want to get a full 3" pipe, otherwise I'd get Cobb's. I have a 5eat, so I have to wait for either Invidia or Perrin to release their catted DPs for the auto.

Your car sounds sweet Trent, got any pics of it? Hope we can have some kind of a meet soon!

Lindsey

It is wonderful to have you two on here. I will have to post some pictures of my car soon. I should have some video footage soon of my car at the track racing a 11sec gto. My car is a whole lot of fun. Seth has had the honor of riding in it and it brings a :icon_mrgr to everyones face.

Seth will be in kc on the 17-19th and I will be there on the 19th to see my RAIDERS destroy the queefs....lol. I don't hate the chiefs, I just don't like cheering for the same team that everyone else going for.

The up leak will cause your car to loose the exaust gas and slow down spool time. I am glad you got that fixed.

hello everyone! lol

Lindsey nice to have you join up in here! if you dont mind id like to ride in your car sometime as well :D im a 5eat owner too, and i cant wait to look towards stage two... if not more lol. i am working on my audio to start off with, which is something i love. i will be in kc on the 17th through the 19th like Trent mentioned, if youd like to meet up i will be meeting with a few friends on saturday night. one of which is my friend Nate who drives an 05 Silver GT 5 speed Legacy, and then a few others with different cars. :) i am not sure what we will all be doing other then the normal meet up for dinner or something and a little driving around. if you'd like to come you are mooooore than welcome!

here are a few pictures of my car...

http://img432.imageshack.us/img432/6285/dsc0027kf1.jpg

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/7210/dsc0099oo8.jpg

here are a few pictures i took of Trent's car after i detailed it :)

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/9782/dsc0001fp6.jpg

http://img438.imageshack.us/img438/2862/dsc0016dy5.jpg

http://img438.imageshack.us/img438/7505/dsc0073eu4.jpg

greg (i'm guessing lol) glad you found the exhaust leak! hope the fix goes well too!

hello everyone! lol

Lindsey nice to have you join up in here! if you dont mind id like to ride in your car sometime as well :D im a 5eat owner too, and i cant wait to look towards stage two... if not more lol. i am working on my audio to start off with, which is something i love. i will be in kc on the 17th through the 19th like Trent mentioned, if youd like to meet up i will be meeting with a few friends on saturday night. one of which is my friend Nate who drives an 05 Silver GT 5 speed Legacy, and then a few others with different cars. :) i am not sure what we will all be doing other then the normal meet up for dinner or something and a little driving around. if you'd like to come you are mooooore than welcome!

That would be cool Seth, I'd love to meet up with you guys. I need to get out more anyways! Only been out of college for 2 years, and I'm already acting like an old geezer. :lol:

I know I am going to St. Louis that weekend, but we may not be leaving until Sunday. If I'm going to be in KC on Saturday night, I'll let you know.

Nice photos by the way! Seeing the 07's makes my car seem old. Trent, your car looks very stealth, which I like. (Stealth except for the big FMIC behind the bumper!) I really want to know what a stage 2 car feels like, so I know if it's worth the investment. I'm sure it is though.

sounds good! i'll pm you my phone number when it gets closer to the date and stuff just in case you can come out with us.

i seem to be the youngin of the bunch though lol im 22 and i feel like im a little too small for my britches in here lol! Nate is 25 if i recall correctly.... not 100% sure though.

if you end up going out of town, no biggie at all i will be in kc again sometime come spring im sure.

Sound like I am the old geezer on in this thread I am 38 with a lovely wife and 2 girls 5 and 8.

been a muscle car "tuner" most of my life. had a built 67 mustang as my first car, then a 91 5.0 and then a 93 cobra that ran a 13.72 stock.

Then moved on to a bit of slower things, had a few jeeps and just recently sold a 97 jeep cherokee with 33 inch tires and a 6.5 inch rubicon express lift. We would go to colorado jeeping in the mountains. It was great.

When I took a job recently with Toshiba medical system as a xray service guy, I sold my jeep and bought the Outback turbo.

This car truly is a crossover between my mustang cobra and my jeep cherokee.

A 4 wheel hotrod, faster than my cobra. Go figure. Amazing what technology can do.

Love the subaru and at stage 2 in a wagon the muscle cars just dont know what to do! :icon_mrgr:lol:

My boyfriend has an 01 mustang GT convertible, bone stock. I always give him crap about how I can beat him in a race, and also get to work when it's snowy and crappy out. I like driving his car though, but the suspension on that thing kills me. You hit a bump and the whole thing feels like it wants to go in different directions. My car feels so sure on the road, wet or dry. I had a great time when we had that 8" of snow last year in KC.

trust me, I am 29 but I feel 40. I have a 3.5 yr old boy been married for almost 5 years now. My wife has a stage 2 fxt auto. It is fun to drive and I tell her that she is my little ricer cause she likes to rev on hondas. I will post up some pictures of me and my wifes car from a few months ago. BTW whomever turned the damn A/C on outside please turn it off... too f'ing cold

ah i cant wait for next weekend!!!! go to the show have some fun, romance my girlfriend a little :D good stuff.

trent... greg finished the box, not sure what it all looks like yet but im excited for sure. i know it will be a little plain though from what i would love to have lol. he is also working on the bezel for the tv... he mentioned a plexi peice incase i bought the optional remote for it or something. im going to go pick up the box and see if i like the idea or not after he is done will you just meet up with him for modding it to hold the tv? or do you want me to get it to you?

also i'm not sure what i want to do with the headlight yet... perhaps we can pull it this weekend? (since next i will be out of town) i know i have some silicone here at home we can use too, i admit i partly wish i didnt mess with them lol although it looks a ton better. just wish it would seal up and stop leaking... im going to try to shoot a little in a couple places on top and run the heat gun in it before we start all over again to see if that fixes it. if it does then we dont have to pull it at all in my opinion.

if you want him to put the tv in that would be fine. I know what to do and it wouldn't be a problem for me to install it. I would go with the bond on the whole. I have sand paper up to 2000 grit so it would look good. You don't have to pay me either.

If your friend got them videos up shoot me the link. I can't wait to check it out.

I also got the Hks carbon ti exaust and a k&n typhoon intake installed on the forester yesterday... The wife loves it:wub: .

Give me a call later..

i saw the obp legacy owner of sedgwick again today on my way to work here lol. i think he is in his 30s or 40s... i cant tell. he was looking at myself and the car while we past each other going opposite directions lol wonder what he thinks.

trent... cant wait to see the carbon ti hks on her car, i will prolly wanna swipe it when you're not looking lol. hks is definetly my favorite company out there for parts of any kind it seems lol. i'm going to try to meet up with greg tomorrow i think see about a plan for the audio equipment... today i'm working on some draw ups... see what fits and what doesnt. i'll also ask him how the dash peice is coming along. maybe see about getting that along to you here soon... i have the paint for it, it looks damn near identical to what i shot on the headlights. i also ran a bead of silicon on them last night... i didnt have condinsation this morning which may be a good sign it was pretty wet outside today. :D

hey trent sorry i didnt answer last night, i was with crystal so i had the ol phone on silent. i tried to call you back around 10:00pm though after she had left. if there was something you were needing what would it be? :) i am going to call greg today, see if this weekend will work better for him... i am incredibly tired right now, my idiot self stayed up to 1:30am and got up at 7am for work lol sooooo im dragging a little here.

i am not totally sure but i think i figured out a design that will work... i was going to cut out some card board and such to do "test" fits.

Archived