LegacyGT.com

kansas & kansas city people?

Seth1784

yeah it still drives fine, Just can't handle the hard launches. Don't you worry about the forester now. She will be in the 13's soon :icon_mrgr . It's amazing that I can get a huge tmic for her car for around 200 and it costs 700+ for our lgts. We will be having a protuner here by march , so I have to get her's done.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ah hell... well i dunno i might just be keeping the car stock. id love to mod it but i dunno my responsible side of the brain has kicked in and is thinking i should pay more off the loan first. i also started looking at homes and well... lol i could save for that too.... who knows.

Hey guys!

Just wanted to let you know that I'm selling my Crucial coated uppipe, so if you know anyone who is looking send em my way. I've decided to get the coated MR headers with integrated up, so I have no need for it now. Fitment says it's for all subaru vehicles 2002 and up. I have it posted in the Marketplace if you want to check it out. Have a great weekend.

By the way, is this all the local LGT owners we got? Well, the only ones who post on here I guess! :)

Hey guys!

Just wanted to let you know that I'm selling my Crucial coated uppipe, so if you know anyone who is looking send em my way. I've decided to get the coated MR headers with integrated up, so I have no need for it now. Fitment says it's for all subaru vehicles 2002 and up. I have it posted in the Marketplace if you want to check it out. Have a great weekend.

By the way, is this all the local LGT owners we got? Well, the only ones who post on here I guess! :)

There is at least one more lgt owner that I know of.

I had the megan racing headers on my car and I didn't like them. The reason why is that it will make your exaust more raspy, you could hear all the little engine noises that you couldn't hear before the headers, and the bigest reason is that all 4 pipes cracked at the collector. I hope you have better luck with them than I did.

If you go with equal length you will have gains. My tuner told me that my stock manifold was better than the megan racing and others. The steel used is too thin and doesn't hold in the heat. Hot air moves faster than cold air and the faster the air the quicker the turbo spools. ...

Headers are just for show...The Bling Bling factor.

Yea, I'm interested in those Perrin headers the dude in Wichita is selling, especially since they are already coated. Too bad I need to buy a downpipe first.

Yea those headers have been through my hands cause I pulled them off of his car. He is a very good friend of mine and if you want them I could get free shipping beings I will be in kc next weekend.

I wish I could buy them right now, but headers would be one of the last mods on my car, along with a TMIC. But equal length is starting to look more the way to go. Thanks for telling me about your experience with the MR headers, now I can focus more on buying a downpipe first.

Lindsey... i will have to see how friday goes lol. i am going to get to kc around 5ish? but im going to be surprising my girlfriend with a little romance lol. im going to take her to a nice dinner some where then have someone set somethings up for me at the hotel... i might just want to stay in with her the whole night. we get to see one another about once a week soooo its going to be a bit of a special weekend for the both of us. but i will see how it goes for sure... who knows.

i also know a guy that lives in kc, he just doesnt post in here... i think he reads the site but doesnt really post. his name is Nate he has an 05 Silver GT 5 speed which is totally stock... he is pretty much the main reason i looked at the Legacy and ended up buying it lol.

there is also an older guy here with a black one, not sure of the year or trim level but i know he is here in Sedgwick lol. i highly doubt he knows about this site though... they are the only two i know of other then the ones here.

Trent... talked to Greg got him the design i worked up... i think it will work and look a bit better then what he made up on the first go around. have a bit more "flow" i guess would be the right word. told him this time we need to do test fits as well as make it in parts then build it inside the car to make sure we dont have problems like before lol. Danny i havent got to talk to, he is apparently a bit busy or something cause i havent heard or seen him around at all. i think he is coming close to the end on his lease so he is looking for a new place to live. i'll give him a call again see whats goin on with the video that i know you are still wanting.

Hi, I live in Wichita and work out at Cessna. I am thinking about getting a Legacy Gt next year but am also considering a 2003 Audi S4. The cars are pretty similar in numbers with the Audi being AWD twin turbo 2.7 V6 250hp. Would you tell me what parts and what cost it would take to get to 300 awhp. Thanks

How's it going KCMO legacy owners. There is no respect in this town for the LGT's, its all about the impreza's. The only other LGT driver I know is my roomate who bought one after driving mine for a few days. I currently am running Stage 2 with a Perrin DP and COBB tuner. I have been trying to post some pics with my new wheels but weather and work have been hindering that project.

Biggest LGT complaint-- no respect from the v8's and no challenge from the rice rockets.

Hi, I live in Wichita and work out at Cessna. I am thinking about getting a Legacy Gt next year but am also considering a 2003 Audi S4. The cars are pretty similar in numbers with the Audi being AWD twin turbo 2.7 V6 250hp. Would you tell me what parts and what cost it would take to get to 300 awhp. Thanks

I make 320whp on our wichita crap 91 and 380whp on 100oct.

Accessport 650

PE 850cc injectors 450

walbro 255 100

Perrin fmic 1200

k&n typhoon intake 250

deadbolt zilla 20g with all extras 1600

perrin turbo inlet 200

Apexi Avc-r 300

Sti up 50

cobb dp 400

greddy evo 2 catback 800

so you are looking at 6000 or so depending on what kind of deals you get. There are some good ones that can save you alot of money and if you get the lgt and need some help installing parts on it just let me know. Oh yea, you will also need to be protuned which if it is done on a dyno it will cost around 700.

This is not a cheap hobby.

I run a 12.66 @ 111.91 and have trapped over 113 and all this on the stock clutch. I should be getting my new clutch in from MTS very soon and my tuner will be moving my redline from 6500 to 7300 rpms which with all of this I should be running very low 12's maybe high 11s at about 115-117 mph. At 6500 rpms 4th gear will get you to about 123 and topspeed is in the 170s.

If you ever want to take a ride in a 300+whp legacy just send me a pm .

The V8s have no clue how potent these cars are, exept here in wichita most people know my car and don't mess with it.

I welcome both of you to our little corner of lgt.com

How's it going KCMO legacy owners. There is no respect in this town for the LGT's, its all about the impreza's. The only other LGT driver I know is my roomate who bought one after driving mine for a few days. I currently am running Stage 2 with a Perrin DP and COBB tuner. I have been trying to post some pics with my new wheels but weather and work have been hindering that project.

Biggest LGT complaint-- no respect from the v8's and no challenge from the rice rockets.

It's good to see another KCMO legacy owner! I'm on kcsubaru.com, and it's mostly imprezas, so I know what you mean. I get no respect cause I'm a girl. They're probably thinking, "she doesn't even know what she has under the hood." :lol: I'm hoping to get to stage II soon, but I'm waiting for either Perrin's or Invidia's catted DP for the 5EAT. It would be cool to have a Legacy cruise in KC, maybe we can all meet up sometime.

lindsey... here you go LINK go all the way to the bottom... it's the Perrin catted downpipe for the auto's :D Gruppe-S is by far my favorite place for product i think.

b18turbo... like Trent said (wichitalegacy) right around 6k and you can blow about whatever out of the water. to run an extremely low 13 to a high 12 you can go stage two (for a manual, if i recall right) which is about $2000 (depending on parts)

in all honesty the set up i wanted is pretty simple and comes in kits. (click prices for web listing)

GT30R Perrin Rotated Kit... $2700

Perrin FMIC... $1200 (would get some where local)

Injectors 860cc w/ Fuel Pump... $565

Catback... $870 (depending on brand)

Downpipe... $520 or $330 (catted or non catted)

Up Pipe... $175

Cobb Accessport... $650 (would get from Cobb)

which is pretty close to 6k depending on what you would do and such :) oh and you still need a tune.

Ezstrydr... welcome! you definetly need to post some pictures in here :)

Thanks for the link Seth!

Ok, I have a few more questions. I've read for hours on many topics, but it's nice sometimes just to have a few opinions rather than a hundred.

I'm thinking about getting a Perrin turbo inlet hose. Is it really worth the money, or is it mainly for bling? JSC speed was selling it for $190.

Also, which sways do you recommend, and would you buy aftermarket endlinks with them? I had thought about just getting the Perrin sway and endlinks combo, but many people say NO on the Perrins. Should I just buy Cusco sways and not mess with endlinks?

Thanks for the link Seth!

Ok, I have a few more questions. I've read for hours on many topics, but it's nice sometimes just to have a few opinions rather than a hundred.

I'm thinking about getting a Perrin turbo inlet hose. Is it really worth the money, or is it mainly for bling? JSC speed was selling it for $190.

Also, which sways do you recommend, and would you buy aftermarket endlinks with them? I had thought about just getting the Perrin sway and endlinks combo, but many people say NO on the Perrins. Should I just buy Cusco sways and not mess with endlinks?

If you want to get the perrin inlet you should also consider changing the turbo. It is a pita to change and really not worth the money unless you plan on doing the turbo + all the other mods. It also fits way to loose on the stock turbo inlet.

Lindsey... no problemo :D i dont know much on the intake thingie... other then supposed lower intake air temps and maybe some sound? i think i could find a place 200 would be better used lol. shoot its all getting thrown in the intercooler anyways... that will do more with heat than anything right? then on the suspension stuff i personally LOVE Cusco, they make some daaaamn fine products. i figure if Tanabe doesn't come out with coilovers by the time i am ready they are who i will go to. i dont know if they need endlinks or not though... thats something i haven't read enough on lol.

Trent... talked to Danny... he had some goof ups with his computer. he has a vet appointment here a block from me so he is bringing me his camera and what not... im going to pull it and work with it lol. try to get the damn thing on the net for you.

Archived