LegacyGT.com

kansas & kansas city people?

Seth1784

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

morning everyone...

so yesterday i was driving to the east warren with crystal (my girlfriend) to go see a movie, driving east on kellogg and what in the world shows up beside me outta no where? lol an 05 or 06 black legacy gt (couldnt tell if it was limited or not). i saw an older guy driving with no one else in the car, we were between woodlawn and rock road...

chuck was that you? i wondered if it was... i thought about honking or something but the driver didnt look over toward my general direction at all... :( i didnt want to make them upset if it wasnt someone i knew or someone that cared lol.

trent... i will be in wichita over the weekend im sure i will bring the tv and what not then. i know you said you wanted to finish and i really appreciate it, but i just dont have the money right now to be spending on my stereo at the moment. i am sure that ken is wondering what is going on... although they never even called to tell me if the 4 channel amp was in or not :/ sooooo i dont even know if it is there... i may go pick it up next week if i have the spare money.

lol it just started to snow like crazy here... i didnt even think it was supposed to still snow. i thought since it didnt over night it was gone. i wanna do the same Lindsey lol but mostly to learn how my car will act with all this stuff on the ground hahaha!

ok so i finally got to try the awd in snow after work... all i got to say is wow! freakin wow! ive never been in a car that got around so damn well... i felt like i could do damn near anything lol. i did some really slow 15mph drifts around corners... which didnt really drift much but just a wee bit before it grabbed again. i did some hard stops to figure out how well it would stop on ice/snow also did some throttle testing lol see how much gas i could give and how well it got moving on it too.

i am by far damn impressed with this car... thats all i got lol!

morning everyone...

so yesterday i was driving to the east warren with crystal (my girlfriend) to go see a movie, driving east on kellogg and what in the world shows up beside me outta no where? lol an 05 or 06 black legacy gt (couldnt tell if it was limited or not). i saw an older guy driving with no one else in the car, we were between woodlawn and rock road...

chuck was that you? i wondered if it was... i thought about honking or something but the driver didnt look over toward my general direction at all... :( i didnt want to make them upset if it wasnt someone i knew or someone that cared lol.

trent... i will be in wichita over the weekend im sure i will bring the tv and what not then. i know you said you wanted to finish and i really appreciate it, but i just dont have the money right now to be spending on my stereo at the moment. i am sure that ken is wondering what is going on... although they never even called to tell me if the 4 channel amp was in or not :/ sooooo i dont even know if it is there... i may go pick it up next week if i have the spare money.

Yeah, that was probably me. If you see Virginia plates on it. It's definitely me. I spend a lot of time driving around in that area. I know Trent lives down south on Rock somewhere and I think he drives a black GT, could have been him too, I suppose. If we get more members here in Wichita, we're gonna need to have a get together sometime.

It's funny that we were talking about driving in the snow, because I had a fender bender yesterday. I was driving back to work from the post office (something I never do) and the roads were nice and dry (we had some sleet the night before.) There were two cars in front of me, and we were all driving slow. Then the light ahead turns red, and all of a sudden I'm on ice and couldn't stop! The whole intersection had ice on it. The second car gets into the left turn lane to avoid the car in front of him, and I do the same. I tried to hit the curb, but hit his car before I could get there. I wasn't even going 10mph, so the air bag didn't come out and all I did was knock the bottom part of the other car's bumer off. It was an older Deville, and the guy didn't seem to care too much. Unfortunately, it did alot more damage to mine. I don't know the details, but it dented the front of the hood a little, scratched a headlight, and probably cracked the front bumper. I had my car bra on, so I couldn't tell how bad it was. I really didn't want to see it anyways.

I'm so mad at myself, because I had never hit a car before and I'm a good driver. That ice came out of nowhere, which pisses me off too, but I can't blame the ice. At least neither of us were hurt. I don't even remember jerking from the impact, so I must have been going really slow. It just sucks to have an unexpected $500 bill around Christmas. Oh well, could have been worse. I just hope to get my car back ASAP!!!

Chuck... i know it wasnt trent lol he knows my car pretty well and he can seemingly spot me outta no where lol. he saw my car parked at the hospital when i was doing a phone pick up/ delivery lol! i got a good look at the driver, like i said older gentleman, had glasses, im guessing 5'8"ish, to 6' (looked about as tall as me 5'10") dark hair, maybe a little grey in there (couldnt tell), had kansas plates with a sedgwick county tag. soooo i dunno must not have been you then... prolly why they didnt even look toward me lol cause we were side by side for a good block or two.

Lindsey... oh no!!!! :( i understand being mad at yourself... i have been in two fender benders my whole life of driving. one time coming over a hill when i was 16, couldnt see over it, and someone was stopped in the middle of the road. then another when i was 19 in my old rsx, was behind someone riding his trucks clutch to make a turn then had to slam on his brakes cause a pedestrian ran in front of his car.

sooooo dont be mad at yourself.. crap like that happens to all of us. just a matter of time when it happens. atleast like you said it wasnt serious and all will be fixed again. plus the bright side... you werent moving fast enough to cause frame damage! that crap can really mess with your car... :(

like i said in your for sale thread, if i get up some money next month i might pick up something of yours :)

Man Progressive works fast. I took my car in at 8:15 this morning, and they called me back at 11:00 with the estimate. $1,997.77! Ouch. At least I only pay $500 of it. I can't wait to see what they raise my rates to next year. :(

I just hope I can't tell it has been fixed. The cool thing is they are going to give me my old grille, so I can do the DIY RBS grille. So if I don't like it, I have a brand new stock grille. At least there are a few positives out of this.

8 inches of snow in independence MO. Went out last night before the plows.

I bought some goodyear triple tread tires this summer to replace the RE92 junk.

they are not as high speed rated but actually handle better than the RE92s. I think the RE92s were V rated and these are one step down H maybe.

These tires are GREAT in the rain on the dry etc. So i wanted to try them in the snow.

I couldnt be happier, going through drifts etc with absolutely no problems at all.

I read about people with subarus in tahoe and colorado using these tires and said they work great and that is the truth.

So anyway if anyone is needing a set of good all seasons if you cant buy summer and winter tires I highly recommend these.

Oh and by the way I am a 5 speed at stage 2 with TDC tune

!0 inches of snow with in Lee Summit. Driving on Toyo T1-R's is NOT recomended.

My buddy has my stockers with the RE92's on them on his Preza so I can't mount the Conti Extremes I have waiting yet. I was lulled in to a false sense of security with all the warm weather, and then BAM. Have some snow!

Sorry to hear about your car legacychick. Some r-tard pulled out in front of me yesterday and i barely managed to manuver around her. It involed alot of fishtailing and I was very happy to be home. T1-R's are not made for snow.

Greg... glad you had a good time lol! i dont think the re92s are all that bad though :) they are getting me around ok so far.

Walker... glad you are alright there lol, im sure the person that pulled out didnt even look... i had that happen earlier today but the roads are perfectly fine so no biggie, but i still hate when that happens.

sucks you cant put the re's back on too... be careful!

ok so i finally got to try the awd in snow after work... all i got to say is wow! freakin wow! ive never been in a car that got around so damn well...

i am by far damn impressed with this car... thats all i got lol!

i've decided our cars were made for the snow!

i couldnt agree more.

its my first winter in a Subaru.

Well, I'm sportin' around in a Chevy Malibu Maxx until Thursday. I Hope it's Thursday and no later!

I don't mind the Chevy, it's got a V6 and a little pep. It's brand spankin new, with 60 miles on it when I picked it up. It might look pretty cool if it had some 18"s on it. I do notice that I seem to get cut off more in this thing, and I feel like a soccer mom for some reason. I guess all need now is a child seat in the back! :(

Lindsey... i kinda like the new malibu, i didnt care for the inside but the out was pretty sharp lookin :) atleast you got a nice little car to run around in.

Trent... sorry i didnt make it out over the weekend... i was kept busy at home i will get you this week im sure.

holly crap why selling? i imagine things are hectic! lol i am guessing its the neighbors lol!!!!

pm'ing shortly...

oh and i guess im coming to town tonight now lol all of a sudden. i wont be in town till 7ish but i will call when im done prolly 11ish.

edit... got to thinking i will be in town again for crystals gift, so if i dont get the time to meet up no biggie i will be back again really soon lol. i will call either way though.

i got to thinking if you want to look at the place in sedgwick that i really want and like you are welcome to.

http://www.wichitalistings.com/property/property.asp?PRM_MLSNumber=201899&PRM_MlsName=wichitaKS

thats the home i want :) it needs a little work but it's a damn nice home. out of everything the garage needed the most work. buuuut its cheap :)

Archived