LegacyGT.com

kansas & kansas city people?

Seth1784

ok - I'll try to make the drive and meet up with everyone. Y'all should try to make the Sadlers event too - lots of fun, and it doesn't matter if you've done it before, we're always looking for fresh suckers, I mean participants... :-)

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol thanks, and yes that is my money pit :lol: it seems like it has been since i was about 16 years old too.

im going to tell the builder where to find all the nice things people have been saying so he can get some credit in there too. :)

What's up everyone?

I don't know if any of you planned on going to this subaru cruise, but ezstryder and I were talking about meeting up before. That way we show up as our own Legacy group. I'm sure they don't get a lot of legacys to join them, so that would be cool. I would send out PMs to everyone, but I don't want to bother you guys with it. Let me know if you plan on going! :)

Well folks the new toy has been found and will be in my garage on friday. See below .

http://www.media.suzuki.com/mc/07/gallery_images/M109R_Red.jpg

I was going to get a sports bike but I would probably kill myself. This bike isn't much slower but will be lots of fun when the weather permits.

I still don't have the legacy put back together , but I will this week. I have to have room for the new bike. Have fun with your leggys. Trent

Trent, I like the choice. I not 100 percent but that looks like one of the new suzuki M series. I have a marauder right now which was replaced by the C50. I am looking for someone to buy my bike so I can upgrade. The suzuki bikes by far have the best bang for the buck.

1. Where is the best place to buy an intake???? I'll I want it to do is make my turbo sound louder so that my car doesn't seem like such a grocery getter.

2. My CEL was on tonight and the cruise control light was blinking. This is the second time it has happened, but both times it has shut off. Any thoughts????

Trent, I like the choice. I not 100 percent but that looks like one of the new suzuki M series. I have a marauder right now which was replaced by the C50. I am looking for someone to buy my bike so I can upgrade. The suzuki bikes by far have the best bang for the buck.

It is an m109r .

If you get an intake it will sound much louder, gives a very nice growl.

With the cel I am guessing you have a catless dp and no accessport .

Probably a dam 02 sensor.

Rallitek.com has the AVO, which I am interested in. It is on the quieter side though, but I'm sure it's loud compared to the stock air box. Good price.

http://rallitek.com/avopoinkit.html

I think the AEM is even quieter, but this one seems to be popular too. Cheapest I found here.

http://optionimports.com/aem-21-475.html

If you want loud go with the K&N typhoon.

Last weekend some of the KCsubaru members got together and had an install day. I'm finally stage 2 and lovin it!

Congrats on the bike Trent, it looks sweet!

lindsey... curious... have you installed a transmission cooler yet? been reading about a few stage two owners with their auto's blowing cause of heat and the torque coming on too fast to generate that heat for the auto transmission. seems like if you dont do it you might have issues, if you do do it then you wont have any problems.

Yea, I read about all of that too. I will be buying a tranny cooler soon and have it on before the weather warms up. My 30,000 mile service is coming up and will have new ATF put in. Hopefully I won't have problems with it!

• 2 weeks later...
I just got a letter from Subaru saying that the radiator fan relay has recall issued on it. Mine definately has a problem with the fan always being on. If you have a Legacy between 05 and 06 you might want to call Subaru and see if you are affected.

Got the same thing. I think you can tell if you need to have the relay replaced . When I turn my key forward to the "ON" position the fan comes on and stays on even when its below zero out and the engine is 12 hours cold. I was installing a new basemap today and ended up taking the fuse for the fans out so they didn't drain the battery while I was flashing.

I guess we get to strip em down and take em in. Otherwise I would just try changing the gray fan relay in the fuse box of the engine compartment. I'm sure they want to check and see if there is any damage to the wiring harness or ECU from those two fans drawing max juice all the time. I plan to take mine in here in the next week or so. I have called to see what the dealer has to say, but no one has taken any in yet and I don't really want to be the "learning vehicle" for the dealership and loose my car for two days.

Let's kick this pig!

Lindsey... lol yea its actually my car with some good ol Photoshop skills ahhahahah! i had a little trouble with the color matching (since im still new) so a guy on another forum im on helped me with it. but putting things in the right places and what not was all me :D im not totally done with it quite yet though there needs to be a few tiny little details touched up here and there.

here it is though. attached are the pictures i used lol. one is mine then the other is the hippo sleek guys pictures. then i took a front mount from another car, and then the fogs are actually the stock ones with some housings made from scratch.

did it for fun... im working on another for fun too lol.

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/8941/dsc0027gp3modej1.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg.22d7791002b4d3e7cdc1e948627674b8.jpg

photo1.jpg.2de41e787ce448ea4df8862e305e6099.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Rallitek.com has the AVO, which I am interested in. It is on the quieter side though, but I'm sure it's loud compared to the stock air box. Good price.

http://rallitek.com/avopoinkit.html

I think the AEM is even quieter, but this one seems to be popular too. Cheapest I found here.

http://optionimports.com/aem-21-475.html

If you want loud go with the K&N typhoon.

I've had the AEM CAI on my 05 for about 30,000 miles and it just made the hissing a little louder but it's not noticable with the radio on. You can however hear the BOV now.

Just got back from the dealer with a new ECU. Car actually runs better than ever can't wait to get my AP loaded back up and go for a spin:) .

Let's kick this pig!

Archived