LegacyGT.com

kansas & kansas city people?

Seth1784

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trent... no problem. i know i will be in town for sure on Thursday to pick up those phones right by where you work (up at St. Francis) i dunno if i will be in town or not on Wednesday... might just wait till thursday instead. i have yet to meet with Greg for the quick box test fit so he knows my dimentions and drawing is accurate lol.

also... more flow eh? i suppose that is due to getting rid of the factory ridges that are also ment to quiet the turbo? quite interesting.... hahahahhah i still wanna go stage two with the k&n intake, Hippo Sleek Kit, with some Gold Advan Racing RS's http://forums.clubrsx.com/images/smilies/drool.gif

hey everyone, there are a lot of legacy gts in my area here in gardner/olathe. I had a 05 but needed room and traded it in, now i have a procharged chevy avalanche, it pulls harder then the legacy but i sure miss how the legacy handled. I also have a post in the for sale section for 4 fuzion zri's 17s for the legacy if anyones interested.

found another Legacy lol... went to the old grade school here in Sedgwick where i had to pick up my cousin (who is in 5th grade) and what was sitting in the parking lot? a pretty light blue 05 or 06 Legacy wagon (believe it was a GT) granted i didnt walk around or look in the person's car lol. but it was surprising to know in the little town that i live in that we have 3 Legacy's lol. just thought i'd share that.

schnags... welcome, do you know all the other Legacy owners? of just see them? (curious) if you know them lol get them to post up ahhaha.

Trent... you're going to hate me lol. well i waited for danny to show, he did... he forgot the camera though. he said he got half way here and remembered that he left it setting on the table. i am thinking when i come to town i will just go over to his place and get it. soooo today or tomorrow... im not sure yet. i cant figure out when i want to pack for kc. part of me wants to tonight so that i can make sure tomorrow that i have everything and all that. but who knows... i dont really want to stay out late or anything tomorrow night lol when i will be driving for a good while. anyways either way i will get with you one of those days for the maf sensor and figure out whats going on with your car.

hey everyone, there are a lot of legacy gts in my area here in gardner/olathe. I had a 05 but needed room and traded it in, now i have a procharged chevy avalanche, it pulls harder then the legacy but i sure miss how the legacy handled. I also have a post in the for sale section for 4 fuzion zri's 17s for the legacy if anyones interested.

If they were all season tires I'd buy em! Good price though. Have you tried selling them to Tire Town? (or Tire City?) Not sure of the name, but they sell used tires, so they must buy them off of people.

found another Legacy lol... went to the old grade school here in Sedgwick where i had to pick up my cousin (who is in 5th grade) and what was sitting in the parking lot? a pretty light blue 05 or 06 Legacy wagon (believe it was a GT) granted i didnt walk around or look in the person's car lol. but it was surprising to know in the little town that i live in that we have 3 Legacy's lol. just thought i'd share that.

schnags... welcome, do you know all the other Legacy owners? of just see them? (curious) if you know them lol get them to post up ahhaha.

Trent... you're going to hate me lol. well i waited for danny to show, he did... he forgot the camera though. he said he got half way here and remembered that he left it setting on the table. i am thinking when i come to town i will just go over to his place and get it. soooo today or tomorrow... im not sure yet. i cant figure out when i want to pack for kc. part of me wants to tonight so that i can make sure tomorrow that i have everything and all that. but who knows... i dont really want to stay out late or anything tomorrow night lol when i will be driving for a good while. anyways either way i will get with you one of those days for the maf sensor and figure out whats going on with your car.

The sooner the better. This damn car drives me crazy.

Hi folks, kinda new to the forum since I just bought an 05 LGT MT 2 months ago. Live in Lee's Summit, MO. Have been enjoying this stock car the way it is with Falken Azenis. Will change to 18" ADR Sukodo wheels and blizzak tires come snow time. Can't wait, the wheels look killer and prolly too aggressive. Would like to meet up if there is a meet.

Thanks for the PM Lindsey!

Dan

Trent... i may come into town then, i am hoping this crazy ass wind dies down sometime soon today! makes it too damn cold to just stand around outside! oh and i forgot to tell you, i did go over the headlight with silicon and it helped a TON it still will get a little bit in it every now and again, but no where near like what it was doing. soooo i might stick it out through winter, pull a bulb blow the heat gun's air in there to clear it out then just let it be. then when spring rolls around fix it fix it. too cold to mess with the car now lol. i will figure up what i am doing and let you know for sure.

Dan (im guessing lol)... welcome! if you'd like in kc i am meeting up with some friends for a little dinner/meet with maybe some driving around. my friend with his 05 gt will be there, but the rest will be the old RSX crew i ran around with, and some SRT-4's... all in all good people and friends. you are welcome to come if you'd like... sounds like it will be about 7 or 8ish on saturday.

Trent... i was just reading a thread about parts people regretted putting on the cars and well i read something you might want to know about. read about a user that said the K&N intake actually made his maf senser foul and throw cel's. i dont know what to say there, but it might be your problem?

Lindsey... was in the same thread as i mentioned to Trent there, everyone says Perrin endlinks and sways are crap that they should have went Cusco the first time or just in general... thought id mention it to you. :)

Hey all you LGT people in KC! Nice little corner of the world you have here. Thanks Lindsey for the invite.

I live in Lee Summit and work in Gardner at the Emerald Tower, Queen Mary on the Prairie, Embarq building. It's a PITA drive every day. I've seen a few LGT's around, but seems like most are piloted by people who have no clue about Suby Community and fanatascism.

Traded in my 04 STI for the OBP 5MT LGT about 15 months ago. Kept the wheels from the STI and made Jack Miller throw in some leather seats to seal the deal.

Currently running with:

STI BBS wheels w/ Toyo T1-R, got the stockers with conti extremes for winter.

Crucial up and down.

AP STG 2 custom map w/ linear throttle fix.

iOn springs, looking to add adjustable struts once some come out w/o fitment issues.

Kartboy STS w/ bushings.

Bobcat pads, SS lines, Motul fluid.

Custom 2.5 inch catback. Integrated stock tips to new mufflers. I would call it the "sleeper look" but you cant hide that growl now.

Custom 2 tone leather interior. (Thanks Jack Miller)

Cleared headlights (oven method worked flawlessly).

I have basically worked to enhance every aspect of the car to some degree, looking for balance to build on an already fantastic car.

Been trolling quietly in LGT.com for about a year now. I do alot more reading than typing. I am interested in a meet sometime though. I may even bring the wife, if I can get her to ride in the LGT now that she has her B9 :wub:.

Here is a pic after installing the iOns. Still sporting the all season zero nero's. Sorry about the size, photoshop isn't installed on this PC yet.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-2/624857/Driversidefrontafterinstall.jpg

Lindsey... I honestly think you would be happier with Cusco anyways, i mean its a suspension company they have to know what they are doing lol. no to mention it seems everything they put out always has a great customer feedback rating with it.

edit (posted while i was typing :D)... id be glad to help, i am interested in learning more on this car. you just live too far off ahhahahh!

Dan... haven't got a clue, and im not even sure about any down here to be honest. i know a few wheel shops that are good size, but i honestly dont have any idea if they carry tuner lugs or not. if i get a chance today i will do some looking online trying to find a place that has some.

Walker... welcome, (didnt know your name lol) but i like the car! looks really sharp... if you'd like to tag alone saturday you are welcome to come along as well. i mentioned it to another guy in here, i am putting together a meet kind of thing with some friends of mine in kansas city. basically 7 to 8pm on saturday we will meet up for dinner then perhaps some driving around as long as people want to. i dont know yet where we are going for dinner or anything lol! but i will know for sure by friday night... i just have a LOT of things going on that i am trying to get all worked out by tomorrow morning, which is proving to be a task bigger then i had expected lol! but if you would like to come out i'd be happy to pm you my phone number so we can contact one another about such so you can find us. i have another legacy owner that isnt from here, he is a good friend of mine... other then that we will have a variety of cars out. :)

Trent... sorry the sensor didnt fix it, and sorry the idea about the battery and alternator wasnt it either. :( i was pretty much set on that being the problem. only other thing i can possibly come up with is taking your Apexi controller and trying to make your idle just higher in general like kicking it to 1000 rpms just to see if it will even hold there. i mean your idle was already low to begin with, perhaps the cold weather is some how making it lower? but i figure if that little thing cant make your idle stay high i dont know much else that could to be honest.

only other thing i have any idea on is the spark plugs i mentioned to you... thats the only other thing i can think of. it would cause your idle to go funky as well as when you are wot it would cause it to act like fuel cuts since its not burning everything off.

those are my two suggestions... and i know its not really a whole lot that is helpful... but maybe it is something. on sunday if you get stranded call me or something if you need to. i will be on my way home probably the time you are headed up there lol. but if i can be of help you know how to get a hold of me.

Thanks for coming out and donating your car to my trouble shooting cause.

I am thinking it could possibly be the fuel pressure regulator , so I will be testing

that today. I also think the wierd idle could be caused by clutch being so worn.

Did you get those videos uploaded?! Let me know.

Welcome walker. You have a good looking car there.

Dan, You might want to try MCracing or someplace like that for the tuner lugs. You might even be lucky to find them at pep boys.

Everyone take care, I have a lgt to tend to in the garage.

Walker is my last name, and most of my friends call me that so your welcome to as well. As far as a meet goes, go ahead and PM me your info and i'll respond with mine. I think I'll have some time on Sat to burn.

One way to test the idle adjustment is to let the car idle down to a stable "warm" condition, then either turn the steering wheel sharply to the left and right, or turn on the AC. Your engine rpm should rise to compensate for the extra load caused by those actions.

Trent... no problem... i owed you for the headlight help and all anyways hahaha. the video's i have, i just have to figure out how to pull it appart, the file system that camera used was a little strange. when i get some time here at work i will try to pull them and stuff, but i have them :D

Walker... the engine was warm, he did the whole pump the brakes thing which kicked the rpms up so we are pretty much stumped.

Trent... well the i was on the right track lol. i remember sitting in your car mentioning the spark plugs and then saying perhaps all the fuel isnt getting all burned off. ah this makes me feel smart hahhahahahah!!!! how much is a coil pack? and are they sure that its not the plugs?

Our cars use a COP setup vs a standard spark plug wire distribution. If you are seeing rich on each cylinder then you will most likely be looking at a coil controller or mapping problem. Any sensor that sends readings to the cpu about airflow, temp, etc... could be altering the spark to all coils.

I never count out plugs or coils. I just figure there are usually easier things to try first. I would much rather pull out the fuel pump 10 times than deal with the plugs. I had just put new plugs in it a month ago. I am sure it is just a weak coil. I am going to take it to subaru tommorow and let them look at it. It still runs good enough to get to KC on sunday.

Walker... sorry i missed your call. i tried to call it back but i didnt get you... for some reason my phone decided to send you right to voicemail lol. i am sure we will meet up some time or another, just who knows when. :) it was totally cool you couldnt make it, from the sound of it you were having tons of fun lol. we did have a little bit of a good turn out though, we had about 16 people an 10 cars. 8 cars with about 12 people went for a drive after so it was nice to do something a little different.

jah77... Welcome! nice to see another person in here.

our little group is growing lol!

Seth,

Glad you had a good turnout.

Yeah, I had a rough Saturday. Driving home Friday from work i noticed a whistling sound while on boost. By the time i got home it was very obvious I had a leak somewhere.

I tore everything apart on Sat and found a nice burnt out copper gasket on my manifold to uppipe. Slapped it all back together since I don't have a replacement gasket yet.

Spent the next 5 hours on, in, and under my old truck fixing leaks, replacing custom plug wires, and generaly busting the hell out of my knuckles.

Hey Walker,

Sorry to hear about the gasket. I also have a Crucial uppipe, waiting to be installed. Are you going to buy another copper gasket, or are you going to get some OEM ones? I'm just curious since I have the same up, and I want the install to go as smooth as possible. Also, did you have any fitment issues when doing the install?

Archived