LegacyGT.com

Intake for 2.5i!!!

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah i dropped in the K&N as well sorry i didnt mention that. as for performance test. i bet if you did do a dyno your only talking maybe and this is a long shot maybe a couple HP. i just did the butt dyno. it just seems that the car is a little more healthier. i also threw in a tank of 91. i mean if you think about it the stock piping had alot of crap holding it back. the little bubble on top of the piping not to mention all of the puzzle in the box just before the intake. this way with the new piping the air is going directly into the intake. your just helping the car breathe better. honestly it just seems that ( and anyone can jump in on this one that has done this ) the car climbs the RPMS a little bit faster, not to mention that it seems a little easier on gas.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

man its been so long since i have checked up on this thread. one min the 2.5i intake was in process and now people have them installed.... are you guys buying these intakes or making them yourselfs? they all look well done, i have been holding off on the intake for awhile now but now its time to get that better response. so where are you guys getting these intakes?

HERE'S YOUR ANSWER TO THE INTAKE QUESTIONS.

Was organized a while ago, basically summarized the whole discussion up to page 7. Dont know if you will feel useful.

To Organize this discussion, the following pipes are being discussed:

Works:

1. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-01-SUBARU-IMPREZA-L-2-5RS-AIR-FILTER-INTAKE-98-99-R_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38634QQihZ017QQitemZ270025708244

2. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-01-IMPREZA-BAJA-FORESTER-LEGACY-AIR-INTAKE-KIT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38634QQihZ016QQitemZ260014243170QQrdZ1

3. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-01-Subaru-Impreza-WRX-Air-Intake-System-99-98-97-96_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38634QQihZ011QQitemZ320016510593QQrdZ1

4. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-99-SUBARU-IMPREZA-2-2-2-5-NON-TURBO-SHORT-RAM-INTAKE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38634QQihZ006QQitemZ160023737769QQrdZ1

Doesn't Work:

1. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-01-SUBARU-IMPREZA-RS-2-5L-BK-COLD-AIR-INTAKE-FILTER_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38634QQihZ005QQitemZ150015176699QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Unknown:

N/A

For all the pipes that works, they have the common problem:

1. They all need to be cut about 1" to 1 1/2"s to fit with the stock airboxes.

2. Work best with a panel filter.

2. For all conical filter, they all have engine light problem.

Anyone can continue to add on or correct me if i am wrong?

Here's a new issue or just one I looked over some how. Earlier someone asked about the intake resting on the manifold. Mine does and rattles ever so slightly when in drive sitting at a light bumb to nuetral and no more rattle. A bot disheartning it looks so nice. Anybody else.

if you have both of the bolt holding down the intake box that will make a difference as well. only put the one in. it will give you about a 1/4 of an inch

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

• 3 weeks later...
Guest subiecity
Okay guys I just ran out to get some coffee, and the car threw a code again, but this time the little cruse light in the dash came on and it is blinking, what is that all about.

the cruise light and blinks becuase it is deactivted....its a safety feature with all our newer subies if the computer is reading a problem..it automatically deactivates the cruise feature for safety reasons dont ask me y but thats the answer and the cruise flashes to indicate it is in off mode

Guest subiecity
I see from the previous threads that when ya put the aftermarket intake on with conical type air filter that the engine management sysytem throws a code because its runnig too lean. Does anyone make a computer reprogrammer to get around this?

there is back a few months ago when i was tuning my car i was throwing codes left n right......my freind has as 04 sti....he has his OBD2 he plugged it right into my cars computer underneath the steering wheel..and he was able to clear codes no problem.....the sti obd2 worked fine on my 06 legacy 2.5i model

after $80+ spent on ebay intakes to modify, :icon_ideai realized i already had the perfect intake. i ordered the cobb intake for the 2.5i impreza earlier this year thinking it should fit, it didnt. so i read up on the forum and saw what others were doing. i got on ebay and ordered said intakes to modify, not even thinking twice about the cobb intake.

i didnt like how ldc2335's intake came out (not that it was bad, i just made crooked cuts and it came out ugly) so i ordered the one marsho used. didnt even get a chance to put it on when i came up with the idea to mod the cobb. to make a long story shot, i made 2 simple cuts on the cobb and it fits like a charm. plus it has a bigger diameter than the other intake. and you know its of good quality.

i will have pics tomorrow and the cut points, i just wanted to get this posted before others make the same mistake.

http://cobbtuning.com/impreza/powerpackage1.html#cai

:icon_mrgr:icon_mrgr:icon_mrgr:icon_mrgr

after $80+ spent on ebay intakes to modify, :icon_ideai realized i already had the perfect intake. i ordered the cobb intake for the 2.5i impreza earlier this year thinking it should fit, it didnt. so i read up on the forum and saw what others were doing. i got on ebay and ordered said intakes to modify, not even thinking twice about the cobb intake.

i didnt like how ldc2335's intake came out (not that it was bad, i just made crooked cuts and it came out ugly) so i ordered the one marsho used. didnt even get a chance to put it on when i came up with the idea to mod the cobb. to make a long story shot, i made 2 simple cuts on the cobb and it fits like a charm. plus it has a bigger diameter than the other intake. and you know its of good quality.

i will have pics tomorrow and the cut points, i just wanted to get this posted before others make the same mistake.

http://cobbtuning.com/impreza/powerpackage1.html#cai

:icon_mrgr:icon_mrgr:icon_mrgr:icon_mrgr

1. Check your hyperlink, it link to Idc2335 (might just tell ppl to copy your link instead of clicking)

2. That mod is a bit too expensive after seeing ebay one just cost approx $30.

Yeah, cobb might be better, but it's just an intake...

3. Is your autobacs1 intake for sale? How come it takes u $80+? =)

1. Check your hyperlink, it link to Idc2335 (might just tell ppl to copy your link instead of clicking)

2. That mod is a bit too expensive after seeing ebay one just cost approx $30.

Yeah, cobb might be better, but it's just an intake...

3. Is your autobacs1 intake for sale? How come it takes u $80+? =)

1. at first i wasnt trying to hyperlink it, i though enough people had read this to know what i was talking about. sorry

2. it is kinda expensive, but when i ordered it (actually it was late last year) i was told it would fit my car with no problems. i dont like to buy things just to save a buck, unless thats all there is, so i spent the higher dollar for a better product.

3. it will be for sale once i get it and make sure it is in good condition. also if someone wants the other intake already cut to fit, even though i dont like it someone else might. so i will probably put both of them together as a package so the buyer can decide which one he wants to use or possible use both if he/she doesnt like the cuts i made.

p.s. finally got it on the road for a "break in" 50 miles to work this morning. it sounds awesome:icon_bigg :wub: . at the beginning i noticed a 2 mpg drop but as the trip rolled on it started to come back up. ending a work with only a 1 mpg drop from yesterday.

borla headers, removed silencer 29-30mpg

borla headers, removed silencer, k&n filter 28.5mpg

borla headers, removed silencer, k&n filter, cobb intake 27.2mpg

i remember hearing that the subby ecu is adaptive so im wondering if it will learn that there is more air flow and trim out the fuel later down the line. anyone know???

Guest subiecity
1. at first i wasnt trying to hyperlink it, i though enough people had read this to know what i was talking about. sorry

2. it is kinda expensive, but when i ordered it (actually it was late last year) i was told it would fit my car with no problems. i dont like to buy things just to save a buck, unless thats all there is, so i spent the higher dollar for a better product.

3. it will be for sale once i get it and make sure it is in good condition. also if someone wants the other intake already cut to fit, even though i dont like it someone else might. so i will probably put both of them together as a package so the buyer can decide which one he wants to use or possible use both if he/she doesnt like the cuts i made.

p.s. finally got it on the road for a "break in" 50 miles to work this morning. it sounds awesome:icon_bigg :wub: . at the beginning i noticed a 2 mpg drop but as the trip rolled on it started to come back up. ending a work with only a 1 mpg drop from yesterday.

borla headers, removed silencer 29-30mpg

borla headers, removed silencer, k&n filter 28.5mpg

borla headers, removed silencer, k&n filter, cobb intake 27.2mpg

i remember hearing that the subby ecu is adaptive so im wondering if it will learn that there is more air flow and trim out the fuel later down the line. anyone know???

whts the HP and WHP gain on all your parts??? even estimated between intake and headers....is it full exaust with borla or just heders?

Archived