LegacyGT.com

Intake for 2.5i!!!

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
man, i've read through all 17 pages of this thread (the damn thing keeps going in circles!!) but my question is, do you all that made the custom intake still like it?? i see that some have gone back to stock. wuz up????

Guest subiecity
i only went back to stock becuase the aluminum intake is no tth eirght fitment to mount up to the stock airbox, in order to mount it i had to take of 2 outta the 3 bolts on my intake box and then make it sit offset, plus not to mention in order to mount the intake , the vaccum lines arent the right size i had to reduce them to fit, i really didnt agree with that i took it off until i can figuer out wha tto do,

well, lets see here, we have a problem, so lets do something about it

theres enough N/A guys here that want a legit intake, so therefore we should coordinate with a reputable company; AEM, Ingen, Perrin, Cobb, etc...

we should pick one of those companys, and email them, (all of us).

it would be sortof like a petiton.

its worth it and its not alot of work on our part to set things in motion for a legit CAI for our cars.

I'll probably start a new thread in the NA section concerning this.

my vote is for a petiton!!

• 9 months later...

Hey guys now i have read this entire string. Most of my questions have been answered. But i have 2. FIrst off i have a 05 2.5i Liberty. Which is obviously the aussie model of the legacy right. now this sensor which in everyone else's pics is on the stock air fliter box is not on mine (MAF sensor). also there is a sensor that attaches into the air box that you guys dont have (MAP sensor). Any ideas on that one? i'm getting everything together now ie - the autobac1 one. i already have the connectors.

I'm thinking that it looks like just a rubber stopper and if i drill a hole and just shuv it in. but i thought i'd ask you guys first. what do you think?

he's my motor:

http://img114.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pict0001gb8.jpg

OK, thanks to some help from outside. i think i have nutted out why i dont have a MAF and it's because mine has a MAP and no MAF. So i guess my question them becomes does anyone know how to remove the MAP and plug it into the new pipe? Can i just pull it out of the original case and make a hole and plug it in? or do i need to something special?

• 2 months later...
Hey all,

I just instaled my intake today but I got a problem. I ended up finding an adapter that houses the MAF and I used the conical filter that came with the intake kit. After I installed the intake fired the car up and it threw a code. I disconected the battery to clear the code and it did. I drove it for a while and it was running great. I just went out side started it up and it threw a code again. Unfortunatly I dont have a scan tool so I cant read the code. I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem. Also it seems to idle a little rough, but nothing major, I kind of like it. Any help/in is greatly appretiated.

i just had this problem after having an intake on for 4 months. when i first put the intake on i build it from pieces and i cut the stock MAF holder off the box. it worked fine like this, i went to checker the otherday and baught a new MAF holding thing, put it on and soon after the check engine light came on with it. I have been having problems with it ever since. i THINK i am going to but that intake everyone is talking about from ebay and just keep the stock box as well. any other sugestions??

• 6 months later...

Can someone please tell me where this intake was purchased from ?

http://img433.imageshack.us/img433/7320/dsc00007rx6.jpg

The OP does not mention who makes this intake and where he bought it from. This picture surfaces in this thread as well as in the Options for 2.5i thread but if you post something, tell the source.

Thanks.

Haha :lol:... Thats my car!!! How'd you pull that up... when I orginally posted the pics and messages I didn't get much response. Well I can't remember the exact vendor I bought the intake from... but its an intake for a 98 impreza cut slightly to fit.

I did some digging and found this link which is something similar...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-01-Subaru-Impreza-WRX-Air-Intake-System-99-98-97-96_W0QQitemZ130259735676QQcmdZViewItem

Good Luck

BTW if you look on page 1 of this thread its the same intake!!!!!!!!! check b4 you flame.

Neither AUTOBACS1 nor the Auto Toys vendor carries it. And there was no vendor or link listed either. Calling out people for providing incomplete info ain't no flaming.

Thank you for answering though. I wanna put one on a 2009 Forester.

the 2.5 motors has always been very similar throught the years, so look at your engine bay and then search on ebay for 2.5 impreza intakes and find what will fit. if you look though these pages you will see a little modification is always needed regardless for it to fit.

Archived