LegacyGT.com

Intake for 2.5i!!!

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just bought this one off ebay:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/safety_furst/LJMYSPACE/intake1.jpg

Hopefully I can get it installed before it gets to cold outside!

How are you guys cutting the pipe? I was just going to dremel it. Do you just cut about 1-2 inches straight off the end or do you cut at an angle?

Also, what other connectors will I need to hook up the tubing? I know I'll at least need a 3" rubber connector to mate iti with the airbox and some clamps. Anything else to know before I head to the auto parts store?

Thanks!

JDM GT Bilsteins (F-Tanabe R-Pinks)

JDM RSB - Modded Kartboy SS - Subaru Momo Knob

Subastyle Grille

Thats the same one i put on my car, use a sawzall i tired dremel it didnt work well. Get a good assortment of hose clamps and vac. connectors to join the new hose to the factory. Also soak the supplied connector for the pipe to TB in hot water for about 5-10 min. The older TB's must have been smaller because that one is hard as hell to get on unless you let it expand a little. And as stated before take out the front bolt on the bottom of the air box and lossen the back one.

07 Impreza 2.5i Special Edition

07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I will have to borrow a sawzall or give the hacksaw a try. Is it just a straight cut across it? How much did you take off altogether?

vac connectors... They are the little metal sleeves that fit inside the hoses you are joining right? What size connectors and clamps did you use?

JDM GT Bilsteins (F-Tanabe R-Pinks)

JDM RSB - Modded Kartboy SS - Subaru Momo Knob

Subastyle Grille

i tried all of that. i dont think its a distance issue. i had an extension run all the way into the wheel well, a good foot and still threw a cell. its just a very picky maf. as far a performance is concerned, i dont feel that much difference in the extension and having the stock box, silencer delet and diy piping. the only difference is how loud it is. plus NO MORE CEL!!!!

Autobac intake on my i. I used a hack saw and a littlefine grind on th ebench grinder t make it look pretty. I am extremely impressed in the overall difference in noise and actually feel some freeway speed performance increase, this is with the stock cleaner box and a K&N panel filter, as well as another air flow mod. Awsome Awsome Awsome!!!!

Guest subiecity
any performance gains outta theses intakes??? anyone feel a difference or is it better to just stay wit the oem intake box and knn filter

I feel a difference... i have an intake tube, stock air box w / k&n. The car's shifting pattern changed... it wanted to shift appox. 5mph faster in each gear than with the stock setup. IE: shifting to 2nd @ 5mph... became 10mph, shifting to 3rd @ 20mph became 25mph ... etc. plus the sound :icon_mrgr

do tell:icon_mrgr

Silencer removed and replaced with a PVC elbow. No fog lamps so I used the existing hole intended for fogs placed mesh (tweety catcher) and now my primary flow comes from the front bumper much bigger hole than stock and deffinatly a difference although I think a certain percent of the performance improvement is mental due to great sound.

Guest subiecity
yea mine is piped the same way but i have no "tweety catcher" not yet anyways...i think im gonna leave the stock air box and do the pipe.....whats the website where everyone ordered their "intake pipe" ....one mnore quik question...does the intake pipe come with a MAF hole? just incase i change my mind and i do decide to take off my oem airbox?

...does the intake pipe come with a MAF hole? just incase i change my mind and i do decide to take off my oem airbox?

what i did was take the stock airbox and cut it just beyond the maf sensor. i saw a post of this somewhere on here but couldnt find it again. make the cut as far toward the box as possible this will retain the factory maf piping diameter and location. then you can get another pipe to extend it into the wheel well and have a true CAI. this was what i did at first, and still threw a CEL.

has anybody changed the MAF? so that you can run a cold air and not throw a cel. i had the problem in my focus with my cams and my CAI it was getting to much air and all i had to do was replace my MAF and the car ran fine afterwards.

• 4 weeks later...

i've got an intake for sale if anyone is interested, didnt post it with the for sale stuff. but if anyone is interested just shoot me a pm and an offer. pics added

SOLD IT

thanks

Tolly

102290575_Intake001.JPG.f9a70b7f2bb394639be34b860459a824.JPG

515534823_Intake002.JPG.0fc70e7d8f7515076436dfdc305b8308.JPG

07 Impreza 2.5i Special Edition

07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Archived