LegacyGT.com

Intake for 2.5i!!!

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont understand all the hype of putting a chrome tube from the throttle body to the air box?? What am I missing? Guess it looks kinda snazzy?? I put a K&N panel in the box, removed the snorkus and let her rip. No codes! Snappier throttle response.

Also borla header and full Stromung exhaust.

Here's mine. The other tube guys have with the 'T' at the throttle body looks better to me. Has a nice growl and seems a little peppier.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e311/hawker800mech/DSC00611.jpg

How did u make urs? Bend it yourself? Custom made? Purchased?

Looks very neat! I like yours better =)

I dont understand all the hype of putting a chrome tube from the throttle body to the air box?? What am I missing? Guess it looks kinda snazzy?? I put a K&N panel in the box, removed the snorkus and let her rip. No codes! Snappier throttle response.

Sometimes i wonder as well. Is the chrome tube bigger in size or what?

wow!! it's so cheap too!! this is amazing. did u change the filter too?

Just the pipe alone does it make any difference?

No need for cutting or anything? Plug and play?

Not plug and play, unfortunately. You have to take about an inch or so off the end that goes into the filter box. They have a hose nipple that needs to be cut down by half because it is too long. It is located on the bottom by the filter box and hits the green bracket of death. I just capped that one. You will need to buy a 3" silicone coupler for the intake at the filter box. I went ahead and got a 3" to 2.75" silicone coupler for the throttle body. The one supplied was hoaky. Also, a 1/2" T-fitting and 1/2"-3/8" barbed fittings are needed for the case and head oil vent hoses. As for the filter, I did go with a K&N filter. I, also, removed the silencer below the intake box (twist and pull). You will need to leave the bolt at the bottom of the intake box out so it can pivot to meet the intake tube. :)

sounds so difficult... =(

I dont know anything about T-fitting, and barbed fitting... Sound alien language to me... You must have did a lot of study to get it working... With such a low price, this is definitely cool!

Well, i have a friend that opens a garage, he had cutting tool, i think i could get some help from him =)

from K&N

"A smooth intake tract optimizes airflow and uses fluid dynamic principles to pack more air into your car’s intake." The more oxygen there is available to your cylinders, the more fuel they can potentially burn.

translation.....better air flow=more power

better looks are a plus too!!

even if it looked like $HIITT i would still be using it, it made a huge difference....pulls alot harder, i took off the pipe when i took it to the dealer and for the week it was off i missed it..

only cost like 75 bucks at the most....very worth it

For all the pipes that works, they have the common problem:

1. They all need to be cut about 1" to 1 1/2"s to fit with the stock airboxes.

2. They all have engine light problem.

Anyone can continue to add on or correct me if i am wrong?

(Thx Digitaldebris)

sorry to be a richard crainium... but apparently none of them really work without some kind of piggyback ecu.

my heart and desire to mod grows weary.

I will say that i appreciate everyone that has had the balls to try, but it seems like such a hassle with the F'ing intake.

it may be best for me to focus my efforts and money towards a cat-back.

Archived