LegacyGT.com

Intake for 2.5i!!!

whts the HP and WHP gain on all your parts??? even estimated between intake and headers....is it full exaust with borla or just heders?

don't have any concrete #'s, but the butt dyno gave good results. no hesitation on the throttle, nice deep tone, don't have to smash the go peddle to get it to move, can down shift to 4th and make the pass at crusing speed and just overall smooth acceleration. i had planned on doing the rest of the performance mods before a dyno. all thats really left is to remove the resonator and put magnaflow mufflers on, thats about it. then i will get a dyno with the total package of parts. i didnt think it would be worth spending the $ on the dyno time per mod, thought most people would want an end result since there is only so much we can do.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest subiecity
yea def i wouldnt dyno after every upgrade to much money for no reason....but def just keep me updated if u get an end dyno result

I think you might be able to just use the intake kit that we're using for our 05-07's without modding it.

i took a look at my filter placement and the airbox is right on the TB on mine rather than by the scoop/fender corner

what cobb intake is that?

http://cobbtuning.com/impreza/powerpackage1.html#cai

did the headers change the sound of the car or does it still have the boxer grumble

they are unequal length so the boxer rumble is still there. right now i still have the stock resonator and mufflers on so it isnt that prominant, but if you stand behind it and have someone rev it you can def hear it. when i first put them on without the wrap they sounded raspy/pingy kinda hard to explain, but now that i have them wrapped, can hardly hear them. WOT the intake sounds amazing. if you can see in the one pic i capped off the front intake hole and did the "free intake mod" into the wheel well.

1. people that is reading this far back are prolly the contributor of this thread.

2. The engine bay look exactly alike. Dont see the reason it wouldnt fit.

3. Afterall, the ebay intake requires trimming anyways,, so that it has to work =)

4. If you go for the cobb one, only 05ABP2.5i can help you =)

He has the borla headers, They will not work on the 06+ due to change in oil pan design and the factory headers have at least 1 cat built in and also o2 sensors and the borla's do not have bungs for them.

07 Impreza 2.5i Special Edition

07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

man †hats awesome... could you send me the link of where you got your headers from... I can't find them anywhere.

also just wondering do you set your car on Cruise or is at an avg of 29.1 with your foot?

no cruise but i also didnt have the a/c on. i drove this morninng with the a/c on and it went down 1.5mpg

that sucks they wont fit but here is the site where i got them

http://www.xcceleration.com/leg-engine.htm

Archived