LegacyGT.com

Intake for 2.5i!!!

Guest subiecity
yea like i said with the stock intake i have no problem hitting 110ish....once i put the ebay intake on, i kept the stock filter box and put a knn drop in filter in and adapted my stock air sensor....and id hit 80 and stop...i think that, and this is only my theory.....im fooling the compter to thinking that im having the same amount of air beeing sucked in when it is true but ony at the one particulr part of the intake the rest is bigger and oversized....im thinkin maybe just maybe id be suckin in more air then i have fuel and im running really lean i belive...otherwise i cannot understand why i hit a brick wall at 80 with my 06,....and once the stock intake is back,,,,there sno problem going over 100 wtf is wrong

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what did you do to adapt the sensor?

unhook the battery for a bit then reconect it?

technically speaking tho...these ebay intakes we are using do not alter the stock airbox, we arnt nessesarly getting more air, rather we are giveing the air a more direct route to the manifold, by eliminating the stupid small box and giant box on the throttle body. its the same amount of air, its just coming with better flow and proably a little more velocity.

i dont know why your car is crappin out at 80

but we must find out, that intake sounds too good to go back to stock, and you know it:icon_wink

Guest subiecity
no the gt air box comapred to the NA legacy is diferent piping....idk im gonna try it out again soon and see what happends i guess

Guest subiecity
oh and plus the blue hose connetion for the vaccume lines i belive, i had to slide them inside the stock black hose...kinda look like shit but it works i wonder how that would affect our cars cuz it is a smaller piping comapred to b4

Guest subiecity
mm im sure it is the same exact box and all and probably the same location if not its pretty damn close......and plus not to change the subject while in rverse or when turning my sterring wheel i got a weird vibration coming from the engine bay everyone says power steering pump but i just realized maybe the filter box was loose....any suggestions to stop vibration?

well ifs thatsthe only thing youve messed with, chances are thats the problem. Every one seems to have problems with these intakes from ebay.

The reason i was asking about the filter box it cuz blitz makes Induction Cover that might work.

http://www.jscspeed.com/part_pictures/blitz_legacygt_cover.jpg

so basicly you can get some of the sound and performance that a normal aftermarket intake would give without haveing to screw around with that bs ebay intake. I think im gonna try it, i like knowing theres a name brand intake and not some crapy metal tubeing.

Problem with an open air element like that Blitz one pictured is your engine is now sucking in HOT air from the engine compartment. You should shield the filter from the engine compartment heat and give it a fresh air duct.

Folks used to try to upgrade their SVT Contours, former owner of one, with open air filters all the time. You could hook up a diagnostic tool and monitor your intake air temp and flow rates from the ECU. Even though the open air elements would flow more air, they would also have 40 degree higher intake air temps. Testing by folks showed a consistent 5hp drop and corresponding 1/4 mile performance drop with the open air element if it wasn't shielded from the heat.

I kept my stock air box on the SVT and used a Fram Air Hog drop in filter. Never got a chance to do testing at the track, but did see a consistent 1-2mpg gain, so it was better than the stock paper element.

We built this one this afternoon. It's the AEM short ram for the 00-01 RS. We then got the Kartboy MAF adaptor and a reducer from Autozone. This is installed on an 05 rs.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7dc23b3127cce81055660a75900000016100AaOGrdy1ZsWNA

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7dc23b3127cce8105566ea75700000016100AaOGrdy1ZsWNA

well, lets see here, we have a problem, so lets do something about it

theres enough N/A guys here that want a legit intake, so therefore we should coordinate with a reputable company; AEM, Ingen, Perrin, Cobb, etc...

we should pick one of those companys, and email them, (all of us).

it would be sortof like a petiton.

its worth it and its not alot of work on our part to set things in motion for a legit CAI for our cars.

I'll probably start a new thread in the NA section concerning this.

Archived