LegacyGT.com

Intake for 2.5i!!!

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I gave up on the conical filter and put the stock air box back on and everything is fine. I was looking at the K&N website today and they are saying too disconnect the battery for 15min, and make sure that there are no leaks any where and the ECU will correct its self. I am going to try this on Sunday and will let you all know what happens. NickB34 I say you get the kit and just use the tube. It looks great and it does acually sound better.

Cruise light? In the old days, I'd sy there was a vacuum leak, but that doesnt apply now.
06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Hey Ron are you going to the sept 16th hocking hills run. if you are i would really like to see the set up on the N/A but i imagine youll bring your wrx. any chance of maybe meeting up sometime. i have fridays off but not going to do the columbus thing. Just hit me up on a P.M or something and maybe we can arrange a get together.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

Hey Ron are you going to the sept 16th hocking hills run. if you are i would really like to see the set up on the N/A but i imagine youll bring your wrx. any chance of maybe meeting up sometime. i have fridays off but not going to do the columbus thing. Just hit me up on a P.M or something and maybe we can arrange a get together.

What's up Matt. I don't know if I will be there, but I would bring the WRX. I have yet to get the intake installed (too many home projects), but I will let you know when I do.

unfortunalty no. We were trying to get an accessport for our cars but so far nothing. word on the streets is and according to some magazine that in the future they are supposed to but that has been the talk for quite sometime, and still nothing has come out. And if it does your talking around 600-700 bucks. just for something to take away a code. the only thing i really could see doing and it is a toss up as well is to get a secondary air box and chop it up like a mad man and put a cone filter on the end of that. but realalistically speaking there would be no diff between that and the set up that others have tired and it threw a code. so for now it just looks like your stuck with the pretty tubing and a panel filter.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

I see from the previous threads that when ya put the aftermarket intake on with conical type air filter that the engine management sysytem throws a code because its runnig too lean. Does anyone make a computer reprogrammer to get around this?

take a look at this month's issue of SUBIESPORT. they put a COBB accessport on the 2.5RS zero to hero project. i'm sure that could work for us N/A guys since its the same engine. also, Rallitek has PP6 that is a piggy back that could also work.

well, sadly subraus are low volume selling cars compared to others, so we get the short end sometimes. Add that there is now a turbo version (read: more tuning ability = more goodies) the N/A cars are now an after thought.

but i know what you mean. this is my first subaru and my first import. deffinately glad i made the switch.

i have to run my intake without the cone filter it came with. it clearly doesnt work, its waaay too much air for you engine or at least for the MAF to keep track of. you take out your silencer below the air box and you technically have a cold air (theres a thread about this on here somewhere.). meanwhile as far as "the little filter thing" thats a breather and you dont have to have it. you can always cap it with a rubber cap ....alot of this is common sense. but if you still have questions i'll try to answer them to the best of my ability and as soon as i can.

i have to run my intake without the cone filter it came with. it clearly doesnt work, its waaay too much air for you engine or at least for the MAF to keep track of. you take out your silencer below the air box and you technically have a cold air (theres a thread about this on here somewhere.). meanwhile as far as "the little filter thing" thats a breather and you dont have to have it. you can always cap it with a rubber cap ....alot of this is common sense. but if you still have questions i'll try to answer them to the best of my ability and as soon as i can.

I installed my intake a couple weeks ago but thanks anyways. It works great and it was easy to install. I did need to get some extra things and cut a little of the intake to make it fit.

I just installed my intake yesterday, removed the sound dampener and put a K&N filter in. Sounds really mean... lol meaner than I expected. I also needed to cut about 1" 1/4 off the end of the intake as well as get some 3" couplers... etc. Now I think I need an exhaust to balance out the sound. There's the Borla for the GT... what else do you guys think for exhausts??? Here's a pic of the install.

http://img433.imageshack.us/img433/7320/dsc00007rx6.jpg

I was told that as long a the intake manifold was not disturbed... ie the engine block not tampered with that the warantee would still be good.... but should anything happen... and depending on the dealership, i'm sure this issue could be debated... if anything happens and you need to refer to your warantee.... put the stock components back on. :)

Ehh... looks a lil small, you might be able to cut it up and using 3" connectors make a more direct fit... but I'd be worried about the lack of pipe.

http://images.andale.com/f2/123/120/20768948/1154311636125_SR_IMPR_9899_NT_BK.jpg

.... but you know what the more i look at that one,. it looks like the one that hawk800mech is using. How'd the install go on that one?

^^^I would get the one Digitaldebris got. The one I have has a fitting that is in the way of the Green Bracket of Death. I have cut the fitting down and hope it fits. I plan on capping it and teeing both head vents into one and only using two of the fittings on the intake tube. I plan on having it done this weekend. Finally!

Archived