LegacyGT.com

Intake for 2.5i!!!

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was looking for a panel filter. does anyone know the stock filter part number, because I can cross reference it on the website and find a filter that fits. I am pretty sure that the 2005 filter will work though.

• 2 weeks later...
here's a top view of the whole setup. you can see that it fits almost perfectly

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/safety_furst/legacy/Picture007.jpg

marsho, did the two blue conectors and that tiny filter attached to the intake come with the intake? What do I need to get in addition to the intake off ebay to make it work correctly in my 2.5i?

Hey you guys... I just bought one of the intakes from ebay... i think it was the one from Autobacs1, I'm expecting it soon. I read on one of the threads that there is a difference between fitting an intake for a 06' than an 05'. Something about 06's need a "T" fitting for one of the vacuum lines. I looked under the hood of my 06' 2.5i and I've got 3 lines that need to be hooked up to the intake. Has anyone found a solution to the "T" fitting problem for 06's???

... that tiny filter attached to the intake ...

The unmetered air kida bothers me...

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Hey all,

I just instaled my intake today but I got a problem. I ended up finding an adapter that houses the MAF and I used the conical filter that came with the intake kit. After I installed the intake fired the car up and it threw a code. I disconected the battery to clear the code and it did. I drove it for a while and it was running great. I just went out side started it up and it threw a code again. Unfortunatly I dont have a scan tool so I cant read the code. I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem. Also it seems to idle a little rough, but nothing major, I kind of like it. Any help/in is greatly appretiated.

Hey, I actually haven't installed my intake yet... but i've read about your problem on other threads... apparently our 2.5's MAFS are a bit sensitive and the code your getting is because the cars running lean. As of right now, I believe the only way to install an intake on our cars is to use the air box.... :( I've got a question too though... how many vacuum lines did you have to hook up to the intake... do you have pics?

I dont have any pictures but I will try like hell to get some up as soon as I can. As far as the vacume lines there are 3. There are 2 lines that go to the the head. The other line is that funky looking sensor that is on the front of our box that connects to the throttle body. I dont know what it is for. I just drilled a 3/8" hole in the side of the new intake, put a small gromet in there, and hooked up that sensor there.

I don't think it's a sensor. It looks to be a jumper for the plug that is attached to it. It is the same as on my WRX. I took it out when I installed my turbo inlet hose. No problems, just cut it and reattached the jumper back onto the plug. I plan on removing it and just installing the crank case vent hose directly into the inlet whenever I can get around to installing my intake.

Archived