LegacyGT.com

Intake for 2.5i!!!

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drop-in filters arent supposed to have any noticeable performance gains to begin with...and from what I've read CAI systems increase your top-end, with a small loss in low-end torque

Thank you!

Aren't we have this CAI system in stock? What is the difference between plastik and metal?

I want to do something but I just want to know if it worth doing it.

Yesterday we had a presentation of a new legacy. A 2.5i version has a lot of space under the hood. They don't look so bad in reality:lol:

I put a k&n and the spectre mod, I thought I was getting better gas mileage but I think it's the same. It does feel a tiny tiny bit faster or maybe it's in my head....

No it does yield better results, I went back and forth with the stock setup and spectre mod a few times just to verify.

• 2 weeks later...
nice bro.. thanks.. thats a pretty good site.. i just got the gimmick motorsports pulley.. so im hoping with the intake, pulley, and now TB spacer i should feel a decent difference from stock

i had the pulleys intake a tb spacer and a 2.5 inch catback the hole car felt stronger. i was a nice improvment.

• 3 weeks later...

Just my 2 cents on intakes...

I've had many cars over the years and tried intakes (short ram and cai) and with every application I noticed a decrease in low end tq. Never had a dyno to prove it, but it was always noticeable. Putting the stock airbox back in always showed an improvement in low end power. Any added power w/intake might have been noticed when the engine was completely opened up towards redline. Not worth it imo. Stock intake boxes and silencers are designed to be most efficient. When you start removing parts of it you are changing vaccum dynamics, etc. which does have an affect on operation one way or another. The only time I think an intake is necessary is when you have a modified forced induction application where there is a demand for much more volume, or using a turbo so big that using the stock airbox is impossible. Most people are a victom of placebo or somehow convince themselves that the growl is adding measureable hp.

wanted to go this route. but i was plain lazy to order 1. removed the stupid water bottle from the airbox and get a cold air intake funnel stick it to the opening and cut your front bumper where the radiator portion is so it can tuck nicely inside or remove right fog lights just use cable tie to lock it into position. it also removes the annoying air suction sound.

• 2 months later...
I played with this idea today, final cost $40. At first I tried using the spectre MAF sensor housing attached to these pieces with a K&N cone filter from my last vehicles CAI. The stock air box was removed and the MAF hooked up just fine, everything looked good to go, but the car didn't like this setup. It would start up for a second and then stall out, I tried this a few times and reset the ECU during the process as well, still no dice. I even tried giving it a little gas immediately after starting it to see if it would hold idle long enough for the computer to compensate.

Here's what I'm talking about (http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/spe-8705_w.jpg) Sucks it didn't work, because it looked like a great idea, very picky MAF I guess.

I ended up putting everything back together keeping only the "S bend" and removed the resonator in the fender, which is essentially an empty plastic box. Mine happened to be the home for a bunch of debri... leaves, pebbles and dirt.

At first the car's idle was crap and throttle response was worse than ever. However, I realize this is normal when the ECU is reset and a modification is made.

After driving it pretty hard for a while the idle became much smoother than it was ever before. The crappy drive by wire throttle response is much quicker now. I can't verify any power increase, but acceleration increased noticably. My wife even noticed the smoother/quieter idle and she usually doesn't notice anything about my car. It even adds a little bling to the boring 2.5i engine bay.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m239/milanolude/DSC_0872-1.jpg

^^^ Thats mine, I turned the silver connector in the middle of the curve to hide the allen screw and I tried my best to keep the Spectre logos hidden. It was trickier than I thought it was going to be to get everything lined up and conceal the logos + the hump connector. The couplers fit really snug and it only took a few trials to get everything adjusted for proper fitment.

Thanks for the idea Ryouske!

I had the same issue where i hooked up the spectre maf sensor and started the car it would stall. But the problem was that the maf sensor was installed backwards thats why this happened

Yea I have the same intake.. I bought flat black header coating and sprayed the intake... it looks nice in black. I had the same issue with the maf sensor.. its so annoying to find out it was backwards..hahaa it does run good though.. you should add a lighter crank pulley and tb spacer and you will really feel a nice difference

Archived