LegacyGT.com

Intake for 2.5i!!!

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it depends on which intake you're using.... take a look at the first intake by the thread starter... we know that one works... it also fits 01 impreza... basically it has to look like that.

+1,

we spend loads of time discussing about this. Should read before asking.

If theres something not understood, or never mentioned, feel free to ask.

hmm ya. i think thats the best way. or either compare our photo with your engine.

Still, perfer if you stick with the intakes we mentioned.

Else, post the intake you are concerned. But I mean, that ebay one cost around 15-20 bucks. I dont think theres gonna be anything else that is cheaper and would be easier to install.

I hope you didnt perceived my last post as aggressive. Thats just how i speak. If i did made u upset. I would like to apologize.

oh nah. i wasnt upset. lol. i was jus wondering whats up about the intake for an 07. no need to apologize. but yea. ill post pics up soon of my engine. its stock rite now. but ill b orderin my intake soon. i jus put up my tint up today n tomorow mornin im puttin on my rims. so ill definitely post the pics up sooner or later.

Supposedly this AEM intake fits an NA EJ253 as well... though its also listed for the turbo, but this part # has turned up on multiple searches for NA.

part # 21-472

...... Apparently you may have to search on the site for 2005 -> Subaru -> Outback -> 2.5L H4 to see the applications

http://www.aempower.com/ViewProduct.aspx?ProductID=509

Guest subiecity
i have the 06 2.5i .....i put the intake on...it sounds amazing but now i seem to have sum kinda problem with the power sterring pump.... only at a standstill at idle speed...my pump doesnt have enuf rpms to work correctly, i get a super harsh vibrating sound form the pump at idle....so...i think im gonna have to put the stock one back and see what happends but has anyone else had this problem on the 06 models

I had the intake on and it was great but I went back to stock today. I made it from the ebay intake and various hoses and connectors. I just stayed with the AVO filter in the stock setup. It definately is quiter, I kind of miss the roar of the intake at wide open throttle but I just feel like keeping it stock for now.

I am going to sell my complete intake from my 06 Legacy 2.5i with all hoses and connectors, just plug and play.

If anyone is interested, PM me and et me know. I will eventually post it up in the for sale section.

http://www.jacktevnan.com/images/Legacy/intake/finished.jpg

JDM GT Bilsteins (F-Tanabe R-Pinks)

JDM RSB - Modded Kartboy SS - Subaru Momo Knob

Subastyle Grille

• 1 month later...
I'm building an intake for a customer this weekend. It is for an 05 rs, but same engine bay. We are using an AEM intake for the 00-01rs. I have the cartboy MAF adaptor plate, and the reducer/cupler will be in this week. We are using the AEM filter and not using the original airbox. It should be interesting :)

Guest subiecity
i had my intake it sounded great with the perrin cans, shit wuz nuts at WOT......one huge problem i noticed, my top end pretty much died, i couldnt get the car past 80mph with the new intake....i put the stock intake back on, and i was hitting 100-110 again easy (at the track) for sum reason the ebay intake isnt doin so hot after 80mph just kinda hits 80 and stays there, makes noise cuz its at WOT but no accelerating, anyone have the same problem

mine does that to, stock intake and ebay....its the overdrive...its 3rd gear around 80mph WOT. next time you do it watch the tach around 80 and you will see it drops about 100RPM...you will hang around 80 for a second, then it will pick up again.

id like to know if driving in Sport mode, not manual mode, disables the overdrive.

if sport mode is a more aggresive map, then wouldent a simple performance robber like overdrive be the first thing it gets rid of? ive seen alot of automatics that have switches on the shifters that allow you to disable overdrive.

any thoughts?

Guest subiecity
no i dont think so, i tried all 3 modes.....still hits 80 like im hitting a brick wall, i love the sound but it pissed me off so much i put my stock back on.....im constintly doin about 80 or so so the intake was killing me

Archived