LegacyGT.com

Intake for 2.5i!!!

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ya, I have a feeling that the stock design is probably more beneficial. Currently, the car almost acts like it did when I had the entire injen CAI: sluggish in the low-end, more responsive in the mid-to-high range. I have a feeling that without the torque box and the ripples in the intake tube, the air is not encountering enough turbulence going into the intake manifold. Have you noticed a change in the powerband?

I have no problems with the spectre intake tube with the stock filter. I notice better response and acceleration, no loss of power for me.

The factory tube has accordian shaped bends and a empty plastic air trap coming off of it. Seems like a lot of unnecessary restriction.

ok well... ehh.. overall, i like the stock setup more....but not by much. Seems like the spectre pulls harder WOT, but stock provides that little kick when coasting along and you need to accelerate quickly. I figured I won't be going WOT that much, so stock suits my driving style better. Stock provides a little bit better throttle response in my opinion.

I have had no problem with the intake setup, my be you have a problem with what might have been installed. I put mine on after my oil change also and put 1k miles on and it has been great. Maybe it would be something you installed with the injen or aem you installed.

oh its really simple, just disconnect your battery and drain the power by stomping on your brake pedal for about 15 seconds. Then reconnect your battery and turn the ignition key until the battery turns on. Then you will hear some crackling which sounds like a PC booting up. Let that sit for 5-10 minutes then you are set.

I did not reset anything. I just got an Oil change at the subie dealer, went home and put the intake on. I drove 400 plus miles and all was good. I have since put about 1500 on the car and all seems great and the MPG is going up a bit also.

• 2 weeks later...
Soooo I had switched between the stock intake and the spectre intake a few more times within the past few weeks, and I gotta say the spectre intake takes the cake. It definitely pulls much harder in every RPM range. Its definitely a keeper.

• 2 weeks later...

I have some questions about the Spectre intake:

People seem to agree there is a 1-3 mpg gain from this mod -- is this in addition to the mileage gain from using a high-flow air filter (as most seem to have)? Or is the mileage increase inclusive of both the filter and intake compared to stock?

Also someone indicated that his mileage went up initially, but later went back down. Has anyone else had this experience or do the benefits seem to be permanent?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Archived