LegacyGT.com

Intake for 2.5i!!!

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
seems many issues are due to the MAF sensor....

what if you have MAP instead???

dont know if im savy enough for this tinkering, s eeing as how ive had so many problems with just the darn CAI. its too bad too, i REALLY could feel the difference in the higher RPM range and anything above 80-85 seemed to accelerate MUCH quicker. obviously the lower gear/torque was non existant, even with the added 2 pulley system. can i get a more detailed photo of the pipe/coupling above with the red gaskets? that looks air tight as opposed to the pipe clamps that i used (that came with the product)

It fits well. There's a slight fitment issue that I thought I could solve by angling it, but the more I look at it I think it's just gonna stay that way, it's on there tight.

Fitment issue:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a201/Ryutsuki/fitment.jpg

Full picture:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a201/Ryutsuki/spectre.jpg

Engine bay:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a201/Ryutsuki/bay.jpg

I'm gonna go to autozone before work today, hope they carry this locally, thats basically a perfect fit! Don't have to worry about screwing up your MAF readings either, nice.

On a side note, got my Group A lightweight pulley installed yesterday. WOW, the car definitely pulls harder in the lower and mid-rpm range, havent really taken it above 80mph yet due to the weather. The stock pulley weighed a ton!

Has anyone thought of chopping off the box, after the sensor and attaching a tube and a cone. Could what work? My friend brought it up to me tonight? Also has anyone removed the section thats leads to the airbox? It seems pretty restrictive.

Hell yes I bought all the parts yesterday,and I am going to install the stuff this weekend, Ryouske let us know how it feels and if it sound different. I do not plan on changing the silencer or putting a cone filter on. I am going to do the AVO panel. I do not want any codes poping up. for 40 bucks this is not a bad little thing to mess with.

I played with this idea today, final cost $40. At first I tried using the spectre MAF sensor housing attached to these pieces with a K&N cone filter from my last vehicles CAI. The stock air box was removed and the MAF hooked up just fine, everything looked good to go, but the car didn't like this setup. It would start up for a second and then stall out, I tried this a few times and reset the ECU during the process as well, still no dice. I even tried giving it a little gas immediately after starting it to see if it would hold idle long enough for the computer to compensate.

Here's what I'm talking about (http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/spe-8705_w.jpg) Sucks it didn't work, because it looked like a great idea, very picky MAF I guess.

I ended up putting everything back together keeping only the "S bend" and removed the resonator in the fender, which is essentially an empty plastic box. Mine happened to be the home for a bunch of debri... leaves, pebbles and dirt.

At first the car's idle was crap and throttle response was worse than ever. However, I realize this is normal when the ECU is reset and a modification is made.

After driving it pretty hard for a while the idle became much smoother than it was ever before. The crappy drive by wire throttle response is much quicker now. I can't verify any power increase, but acceleration increased noticably. My wife even noticed the smoother/quieter idle and she usually doesn't notice anything about my car. It even adds a little bling to the boring 2.5i engine bay.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m239/milanolude/DSC_0872-1.jpg

^^^ Thats mine, I turned the silver connector in the middle of the curve to hide the allen screw and I tried my best to keep the Spectre logos hidden. It was trickier than I thought it was going to be to get everything lined up and conceal the logos + the hump connector. The couplers fit really snug and it only took a few trials to get everything adjusted for proper fitment.

Thanks for the idea Ryouske!

I messed with mine today and cleaned my filter, lined it up better no fitment issue, those connectors do fit snug. I was gonna try the maf thing but as I can see I guess it doesn't work. oh well. I'm considering the cosmo racing CAI though, can;t decide if I wanna try it.

I was very careful when I opened the MAF housing packaging because I figured it wouldn't work. I ended up returning it and getting my money back. However, I wish I had a straight pipe to extend the length of tubing between the MAF and cone filter. Some say the diameter of the pipe that houses the sensor is crucial, but I bet the filter needs to be spaced a certain distance as well.

I may try this again down the road, but for now I'm happy with what I have.

I messed with mine today and cleaned my filter, lined it up better no fitment issue, those connectors do fit snug. I was gonna try the maf thing but as I can see I guess it doesn't work. oh well. I'm considering the cosmo racing CAI though, can;t decide if I wanna try it.

i have the cosmo intake in my car and it works pretty good...but some people have been haveing problems with them so i dont know..but like i said its workin for me

I see no reason to get the cosmo for 150 if this will work just fine. 40 bucks or 150? 40 is the way I am going to go, I am sure the gains are the same if any on either pipe you pick.

Now we need to find something else we ca do in this price range ahahaha.

Pre-dent, I installed mine after changing the oil in the leggy, I drove 500 plus miles with the pipe installed, things seems to work very well. It seems to sound a bit different and has a bit more get up and go and some nice mid range power, My girl friend was rapping the tack out passing people and it see to really sound a bit different hehe. Anyone else notice a difference. Now this is just with the pipe not the AVO installed, I want to try it with the pipe then with AVO panel and the pipe.

A good buddy of mine is picking up an 09 2.5i in the next couple months so I'm trying to do some early recon for worth-while parts for him. Have you guys found an intake that delivers a reliable bump in power? Also, wtf is the black plastic box behind the throttle body that the intake charge is flowing into??? Some sort of sound deadening device?

ya kknow I looked at that also, and was looking inside of it and was thinking about taking it off, but I was like naw I will keep it on and just put in the pipe. Well if he gets an 09 I tell him to do better wheels and tires, sways and audio and HID's. That will be worth it. Tell him not to buy it if he thinks he is going to mod it and get mad POWA YO ahahah.

That black box is just sound deadening, I took mine off on my 07 and it looked to just be a hunk of plastic with some bends for the air. I ran with a pipe from the stock airbox directly into the engine for over a year with no problems.

ya kknow I looked at that also, and was looking inside of it and was thinking about taking it off, but I was like naw I will keep it on and just put in the pipe. Well if he gets an 09 I tell him to do better wheels and tires, sways and audio and HID's. That will be worth it. Tell him not to buy it if he thinks he is going to mod it and get mad POWA YO ahahah.

Haha, yeah, I told him sways, endlinks, and a new set of rubber right off the bat. He's not concerned about power right now, but I told him to def test drive both the 2.5i and the GT. I figure if he gets the 2.5i he can pick up 10-20 hp with an intake, pulley, and cat-back.

Archived