LegacyGT.com

Intake for 2.5i!!!

Yea I know guys with LGT's that have performance EL headers that give a nice rumble but they're also catless stg 2. I see rallitek has the AVO catback for 08+ impreza's that is compatible with our engine that probably will give a better rumble than just an axleback

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if you get the AP might as well get a full CAI instead of just that small Spectre intake piping. Either way, I dont think I can jusitify spending $695 for the AP, doesnt seem reasonable for the 2.5i since you may only gain like 10-15hp...that's just a wild guess though lol

@Ryouske i am not seeing the numbers that you said you posted.... i have gone back to like page 7 and can't seem to find where you posted numbers

I have the part numbers handy, they are:

45* elbow #8738

60* elbow #8668

3" couplers #8772 (red) or #8776 (blue) <-- need two couplers

• 2 months later...
OK, I have the AVO panel filter on order. I will also be buying the parts for the Spectre mod, and I will post my results. (This will take several weeks so that I can burn a few tanks of gas with each setup)

Hi guys -- I'm almost done with my testing. The mpg data I was gathering was impacted by external conditions, but I still think I can pull something useful from the results. Here's a preview:

Stay tuned!

0912091442.thumb.jpg.b9be529b1fb3f3359204adf9e187160c.jpg

1009091025.thumb.jpg.5de0bf9be67bfab41c9fdbf4110e6c9e.jpg

mine looks just the same and the engine bay is very clean on mine also. I am not seeing 34 Mpg. fist off what speed are you driving? I drive 75-80 MPH, and if your doing 65 or less then you will get this. Man I see so many people getting 34 or so cause they are going 65 which is going to happen. My speed limit is 70 here and we do about 80 so 30 is what I have reached so far. WHAT IS YOUR SPEED?

mine looks just the same and the engine bay is very clean on mine also. I am not seeing 34 Mpg. fist off what speed are you driving? I drive 75-80 MPH, and if your doing 65 or less then you will get this. Man I see so many people getting 34 or so cause they are going 65 which is going to happen. My speed limit is 70 here and we do about 80 so 30 is what I have reached so far. WHAT IS YOUR SPEED?

Thanks, that picture does make my engine bay look clean. But it's just the sunlight reflecting :redface:. And speed....speed indeed...you're on the right track.

See...the intake got me to thinking about mileage. I tried altering my driving style, air filter, and intake pipe. These are the factors that I will be comparing when I post my results.

Hi guys -- I'm almost done with my testing. The mpg data I was gathering was impacted by external conditions, but I still think I can pull something useful from the results. Here's a preview:

Stay tuned!

i did that set up on my 08 impreza n/a and was not happy with the results. lots of low end punch was gone. have you driven it with that yet?

I have had this setup for a couple weeks, I haven't really noticed a difference in low-end. But I will admit I really don't launch the car much. It does OK pulling out into traffic when needed.

I am looking into doing this, I put a k&n in last week and want to try the intake mod next. There are definitely a lot of differing opinions on here, but is it at least better than stock??

I think Onthewagon hasn't noticed much because he is still using the torque box. I took my induction apart today and the torque box was quite restrictive, kinda makes replacing the rest of the pipe pointless unless you are doing it for looks (and it does look awesome). Either way you should notice a slight difference with a K&N filter, mines in the post now :D.

Archived