LegacyGT.com

Anyone have buyer's remorse?

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First of all to compare the legacy gt. ltd. with a civic si (any model) is an insult to all legacy owners. My good friend owns an 04 civic si so i've been and driven his car. He begs me all the time to drive my legacy. The civic si is a nice small car but by all means is not even in the same category nor league. @19,000 you're paying a lot for a 160HP econbox. The exterior in my opinion is one of the worst among all civic generations. Many people complain that it looks like a mini-minivan. for almost 20 grand it's very cheap looking. The old school civics look much better than this thing. Next to the legacy gt. ltd, it's not even funny. THe funny looking boxy rear and angled windshield really ruins it for the civic. The mazda 3, focus, and matrix xrs look much better for a cheaper price. ok pedzola, you think the interior compares? 1st off, the civic should be compared to the impreza (they're more in the same category). The legacy is much more luxurious with its leather and is a whole different class. It's not even close. The civic has a nice interior but it's a rice car and has that sporty feel to it while the legacy is blends both sport and luxury. The gauges on the the legacy blow away the white gauges on the si. How about the horrible shifter on the center console? My friend eventually got used to it, but i think it's ugly. Box seats vs. leather? Legacy leather makes the car more expensive. You add the 8 way adjustment heated powerseats, front/side airbags, lighted mirrors, 6 cd changer, and digital gauges and it's lights out for the civic. when i drove the si, i felt like my butt was on the floor trying to see the road (i'm 5'9"). Also, I felt the radio was far away. My friends civic has a few rattles and noises (i have none btw and the leg is much quiter). The legacy actually has about 2 " more leg room in the front, and about 3" more shoulder room in the back seat. When we go out in the civic, the back seat feels cramped with 3 adults. The legacy also offers lumbar support. Actually a loaded corolla xrs w/leather and the mazda 3 have better interiors than the civic si. We don't even need to go into safety. Last is performance. AWD. THe civic does a 1/4 in about 16 secs. The legacy has been broken into 13's stock. I've actually done 5.02 from 0-60 stock on my passport. 250 vs. 160? The civic si is one of the slowest cars in this price range. srt-4, focus svt, and corolla xrs are actually faster. IN otherwards, the legacy would rape the stock civic in everyway. Do you get the picture? THe sad thing is that the older model civics are actually better for their times than the 2002-2005 civics. Go check on the huge drop in sales for the car compared to the late 90's. I haven't checked out the new 06 si but those look decent. Don't get me wrong, the civic is nice car in reliabilty, quality, durabilty, but there's alot more cars that offer more for less money. Comparing the legacy is actually unfair for civic owners. If you had a hot date or picking up a long time friend that you hadn't seen in a while, which car would you take? end of story....:) [quote name='pedzola']By "better" I mean the build quality of the entire car, and the amount of thought that went into the ergonomics and interior design. For that definition of "better," yes, it is my opinion that my '03 civic si hatchback was better than this legacy. You don't have to agree w/me. :P[/quote]

[quote name='pedzola']Everyone used to get in my car and be like "wow this is SWEET" and now I feel like I might as well be 40 years old w/an interior bland enough to please anyone from 1 to 99 years old. [/quote] Well, everyone who gets in my car does compliment me on the fantasic interior -- and I'm in a non-LTD LGT with [I]cloth[/I] seats. Please don't mistake refinement for "bland". Once your butt is planted and that turbo is howling in a perfect 4-wheel drift nobody in my car is thinking "bland". But they do have a silly grin plastered all over thier face. Did I mention no remorse?

this thread is insanity...I just told my friend with the civic about this thread and he said whoever was putting up the argument that the civic is better is full of s___. I would make a rebuttal but obviously there is a certain level of retardation if one doesn't know that you can adjust the height of the seat without "major modifications" Pedzola please take could care of your legacy and trade it in as soon as possible for a Honda so that you can be happy and the person who purchases your legacy will be happy as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I never thought I'd be a complainer in this thread, and I wouldn't exactly call it buyer's remorse, but I am having some serious problems with the passenger seat headrest [B]in my wife's '06 OB 2.5i (this does not apply to my LGT, which I love). [/B]I just cannot get comfortable riding shotgun in the OB, even on very short trips. The headrest is tilted forward at such a radical angle, that no matter where I put the headrest it hurts my neck. I have no such problem in my LGT, which I have occasionally ridden in as a passenger. The OB has the cloth interior, whereas the LGT is leather. I don't know if that might be part of the difference. Other than the headrest, I love the OB, but it is seriously a problem for me. Does anyone else have this problem, or know of any potential solution?

[quote name='The B4']this thread is insanity...I just told my friend with the civic about this thread and he said whoever was putting up the argument that the civic is better is full of s___. I would make a rebuttal but obviously there is a certain level of retardation if one doesn't know that you can adjust the height of the seat without "major modifications" Pedzola please take could care of your legacy and trade it in as soon as possible for a Honda so that you can be happy and the person who purchases your legacy will be happy as well.[/quote] he doesn't own the legacy. get it?

To all the people bashing on pedzola chill out, the legacy certainly isn't the end all be all, but its amazing for the price. I have the same footroom problem but only with the clutch. The tip of my shoe catches on something and its pretty annoying, but I've adjusted a bit so it doesnt happen as often. My back also hurts some after a long drive, but that happens in all the cars I'm in, driving or not. I always had a blast in the Si going around corners because it was so light. I also never had any rattles in my Si, but I have 2 in the legacy. I'm not much of a rattle freak so it doesnt bother me one bit. Another thing I sort of miss is the attention. I would always have people turning their heads on my Civic, maybe after I finish off my TBE with a stromung or greddy CBE the wagon will get a bit more attention. However, I didnt have enough headroom in the Civic, and it had no torque what so ever. I love the power on the legacy, and the headroom. Having a wagon is awsome also, just moved a bunch of stuff into a new place. Just got new tires, and I have the iON springs on order, so hopefully the car will be blowing through the corners like the Civic was.

[quote name='rfd425']I never thought I'd be a complainer in this thread, and I wouldn't exactly call it buyer's remorse, but I am having some serious problems with the passenger seat headrest... The headrest is tilted forward at such a radical angle, that no matter where I put the headrest it hurts my neck. Does anyone else have this problem, or know of any potential solution?[/QUOTE] Didn't someone say that there is anti-whiplash mechanisms in the headrests? is this some sort of pyrotechnic, spring-loaded or otherwise active forward tilt mechanism on the headrest to counter the rearward accelleration that causes whiplash? It seems to me that somehow the passenger's headrest has been either been damaged or "activated" probably accidentally, unless your wife was rear ended. Someone else here was rear-ended quite forcefully, with no visible rear end damage. On the other hand, he didn't report forward tilting headrests either, that I remember. I would think this would be a no brainer warranty claim to have the headrest, the seatback, or the entire seat replaced under warranty, but that is just me. I figure you've talked to the service department already? Has SOA been brought in, if an issue can't be resolved for a two-time recent subaru customer, such as yourself? BTW, this overwhelming lack of buyers remorse is just making me less patient. Thanks, folks. :D

[quote name='IwannaSportSedan']It seems to me that somehow the passenger's headrest has been either been damaged or "activated" probably accidentally, unless your wife was rear ended. Someone else here was rear-ended quite forcefully, with no visible rear end damage. On the other hand, he didn't report forward tilting headrests either, that I remember.[/quote] I think it's just the way the damn things are designed. It's a brand spanking new car. The cloth headrest seems to have more of a sharp angle at the top of it, which makes it uncomfortable to have it in the lowest position with my head resting against that angle. The leather one in my LGT is more curved, so it is more forgiving. I'm probably not explaining this very well. We're going to take it in for a 1,000 mile oil change (generously offered by our salesman at his expense), and we'll mention it then.

[quote name='IwannaSportSedan']I would think one could classify it as a defect if it is different than the driver's seat, and all the other 2.5i seats on the lot, as you describe it, it does... "Warranty claim, bay-bee!"[/quote] I don't know about that. The driver's seat is a tough comparison, because I sit in a different position when driving vs. relaxing in the shotgun seat. As to whether it's different than other cloth seats on the lot, my inclination is to doubt that, although when we test-drove a couple of '05's, I didn't notice any such problem. Then again, I was probably more concerned with sitting up and helping my wife assess the car than I was with getting comfortable. All I know is that we've got to figure out something, even if it's taking the damn headrest out, or for extended trips, replacing it with the leather passenger headrest from my LGT.

Let my best friend drive the LGT the other day on the way back from the theatre..... and I can't believe how much different it feels! I demanded he drive it like he stole it.... so he was getting on it to say the least! I can't believe that the Stage II with proper bolt-on apps is a "night & day" difference! That's gonna freak me out! Clutch time baby!
It is the disposition of men to desire that which he cannot have, hence my un-quenchable wet desire for Shakira!

There's a guy on the acura TL forum that sounds a lot like pedzola. [url]http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126645[/url] Apparently, this person has a TL and wants to trade it in for an accord because of better quality etc. Moral of the story, there is always going to be somebody who is not satisfied with their purchase. Even with an Acura. Either that, or it's the same troll but for the moment, I'll believe the former. :)

i still find myself eyeing my ex every so often and notice that they are everywhere. not saying i regret buying the Legacy. my ex was a 2003 Accord, i like the way it shifts and everything about it but i just want something faster and better handling.

I wish I bought a Outback XT wagon..I could use the extra cargo space. I'll always buy Subarus..Excellent re-sale value and the AWD in the northeast is a no brainer. In a couple of years I'll make the switch. I just need to get some of this loan paid down..

I do but mostly because the back seats don't have a 60/40 split. The pass through is just not big enough. unfortunately I thought I could live with it but I can't. The hard part is finding a replacement. I don't want a wagon or a truck so who knows. I like the caddy SRX but after a lot of reading they don't seem all that reliable.

[quote name='Sneezy']The hard part is finding a replacement. I don't want a wagon or a truck so who knows. I like the caddy SRX but after a lot of reading they don't seem all that reliable.[/quote] ...um, why not a wagon? Isn't the SRX essentially just a tall wagon? That's how I see it.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

AMEN, Sneezy. I had a Mustang hatch and a 93 Probe GT, and I loved the fact that you could load lots of stuff. Open the back, and as long as it would lift over, you could fold the rear seats, and pack some decent sized stuff on the folded rear seats, under the roof. It was no pickup or van, but still pretty good, and better than any trunk-lidded sedan or 2-door coupe. The thing is, that all the cars like that are FWD, (Acura RSX, etc) and getting somewhat scarce. Smaller SUVs, and weirdos like the Honda Element have put the kybosh on most of that, and I don't like hot-hatches like the Golf. Two-box designs (like the golf-like hatches, wagons, vans, SUVs) don't look nearly as graceful as three-box car designs, especially aerodynamic fastback designs. I want something good looking, sporty, versatile between four usable seats, or two seats and a bit of a cargo area, Not-FWD, manual transmission, and at least 240hp. Four Doors, Two doors, or two+two rear half doors. Name that car... Bet ya can't. I can think of things that come close, but nothing that has all of it. I [i][b]still[/b][/i] think this is where Subaru should strike the iron next, and build something ultra cool [i]and[/i] useful. A new SVX on the Legacy platform. NOT the new B5 design. If subaru wants to make cars reminiscent of aircraft, then they need to build a car that looks like a fighter jet, not an ugly attempt at a grille motif.

[quote name='IwannaSportSedan'] [SIZE=2][/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE] I [I][B]still[/B][/I] think this is where Subaru should strike the iron next, and build something ultra cool [I]and[/I] useful[/quote] the legacy is ultra cool and useful. considering where subaru was say 10years ago in the US, the newest legacy, sti, forester, contraversial B9, and baja are in their own rights cool and useful not to mention different than what's in the main stream of things.

Archived