LegacyGT.com

Anyone have buyer's remorse?

I keep trying to think of another car I would rather have then my LGT Limitied Wagon - and I can't. Or at least one that is within 10k. OK, I would consider a E500 4matic or A6 Avanti - but not quite rich enough yet and I think the LGT styling/look is much better anyways. Probably the only other car I would want, is a [font=verdana, arial, helvetica][size=2]Legacy 3.0R B spec wagon[/size][/font], but Stupid On Arrival (SOA) dosen't bring them in to the USA yet. OK, the radio sucks, the paint is thin, the doors dent easily and there is no nav - but all the other positive far outway the minor things. I also like, that I go months between seeing other Legs. If I had a BMW, then I would have the same car most people in The OC drive - boring!! So, I have no regrets about the LGT. It is simply the best car I have ever owned.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote name='bemani']Maybe - I don't know why the hell I needed to buy the car. I hardly even drive it. Would I buy any other car? No. But do I need this car? Answer is also a no. Hmm .. I have an 02 WRX I hardly drive, then I added an 05 Legacy that I hardly drive, and what do I always drive? My 82 Corolla. So yes, sometimes I think I shouldn't have bought the Legacy. Guess that 'Need - Desire' slogan works on me.[/QUOTE]+1

[quote name='godwhomismike']Anyone here have buyer's remorse? Such as: "I like the car a lot, but kinda wish I got _____ instead.” Just curious. - Mike[/QUOTE] i like the car a lot, but i kinda wish i got a forrester xt and an sti to go with my lonely gt ltd.:lol:

Basically no, but: I leased a 2002 BMW 330ci Coupe (w/sports package) for three years before letting BMW take it back and buying a LGT Limited w/STS. In comparing the two, the LGT is clearly the better "value" taking into account the huge price differential and the advantage of AWD, not to mention that the LGT is MUCH faster. But I do regret the fact that I did not get a chance to consider the 2006 330i (especially when it comes out in coupe version). I have a gut feeling that the new BMW 3-Series, with its lighter and bigger engine, would have been tough to beat -- and might, just might, have tempted me to spring the extra $12-14 K for it.

• 4 months later...
you can read my various posts in other threads things that bum me out -poor ergonomics: even with JDM console I can't rest my elbow comfortably. the radio controls are not intuitive and there are no steering wheel mounted controls. i know, some of you purists don't feel it's necessary...i think it's a great touch that i had on my previous 2 cars that i miss. (loses to g35, TSX, RX8) -safety: again, also discussed in other threads but it would make me feel better if the side crash were better (loses to same cars + A4) -mileage: again, i'm sure many of you are losing your minds screaming about "why did you by a PERFORMANCE car?" to which my reply is that this forum and more specifically this post was in regards 2nd thoughts- please deal with the fact that people could have a different opinion than you...it's kinda the purpose of discussion forums. anyways, my prev 4.3 V8 had better mileage. this one didn't matter to me that much though because with the exception of the TSX (whose performance no one would ever argue approaches the LGT or any other sports sedan) the other cars all had bad mileage too. -price: i overpaid...thought i did good research but clearly didn't. -so when i'm fiddling around with the radio and trying to find a comfortable driving position, i wish i got the TSX. which also has an amazing Navi, voice controlled no less. -when i'm fearing the soccer mom on her cellphone distracted by the 20 fricking kids unbelted running around in the condo sized cabin of the navigator slamming into me, i wish i was driving my german tank. this especially freaks me out when i think about putting a kid in here. -when i'm thinking about how bad i got raped by Ontario Subaru on both the price and all the headaches afterwards, I wish I got the RX8 which Mazda is trying to give away at 20k. Or that I went to a dealer than actually gave a shit about customer satisfaction. the pathetic nickle and diming is pissing me off. -to throw a bone to all you whom couldn't believe there is a better car, i do agree, this car is fun as hell when it gets to run. it just feels great.

I love the LGT. There are so many reasons but there is just one regret. The Mazda6. I had a Mazda6 V6 that I absolutely loved. I should have kept it a little longer and not let the dealership entice me with employee pricing and preferrable financing rates. I work with the dealer as an outside contractor so I get enticed every couple years. The only problem was as much as I love AWD the nicer leather and much better headlights, Mazda6 has a better ride and was easier to drive at limit. We have another Mazda6 in the house (formerly 2 Mazda6 household). So I'll have to be content to drive it from time to time and enjoy the LGT for everything else.

wow, of all the cars i thought of, the 6 wasn't one of 'em. the ride didn't seem that engaging to me. no juice and soft suspension from what I recall. my wife actually vetoed that one. [SIZE=2]that plus the poor reliability reported by Consumer Report dissuaded me. [/SIZE] [SIZE=2]i'm sorry, i didn't mean to knock your choice but was really curious what made the 6 your secret mistress. is it lighter and more tossable?[/SIZE]

Mazda 6 doesn't seem all that surprising for it's qualifications as a fwd sedan. While the features and interior components might not stack up favorably to the LGT, the Mazda6 does have a few things going for it. Primarily that it's is a well balanced car with ample power in V6 form. Very comfortable and well designed ergonomics make it fun to drive. I would be interested to see how they stack up on the track. Despite the FWD/AWD differences I would believe that the numbers will show they are fairly comparable. They have about the same size, weight and power and their dimensions are very close.

Love my car. Love Subaru. Only time I wish I got something else is when I see a nicely done Aspen White 02-03 WRX. But then I think about how Q-Ship our cars are and I'm in love. Its, as someone else said, a STI for grown ups. On a more serious note, I sometimes wish I would have gotten the car in the wagon configuration. Just something about driving a high performance white stick wagon, not to mention that when you see a LGT Wagon with the full tinting all around the back it looks incredible. I love this car. I can see me having this for a fucking long time. Wish I didn't lease. I am about to start going over my milage but I have already made up my mind I will buy the car. I find myself on small roads saying crap like, "Turn right, 3, caution, over crest into left 5 100 into 2 right, care, don't cut." I know I'm having fun.

Our second Subaru (other is '02 WRX). So far 4800 miles with a few "irks"-but can live with it. It's non-limited and with 5EAT(cannot use 5MT 'cuz of herniated disc). Great car for the money. :) [IMG]http://legacygt.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif[/IMG]
"Remember..."MODDING is a HOBBY:icon_bigg, not a BAAAD HABIT";) .

Currently have about 3500 miles on the car and more "remorse" than ever. I hate to be the voice of evil here, but every day I wish more that I had gotten something else. Here is my "short" list of grievances, in no particular order: 1) need to slam trunk to get it to close 2) feet hit under dash when moving from gas to brake pedal (dangerous???) And no i don't have big feet, size 11 shoe - is anyone elses car like this? 3) uncomfortable seats/seat position too high 4) soft rolly-polly stock suspension 5) no rear-wiper 6) squeaking, creaking, rattling sounds all over - AFTER 3000 MILES???? :icon_evil 7) POOR INTERIOR DESIGN. Controls suck, no places to put things, cupholders are in the way, stereo isn't upgradeable, climate control isn't intuitive (and not visible depending what gear you're in!!), steering wheel is too big, cheap plastics, even the standard floormats are bogus. There is just nothing right about the interior of this car. Not to mention that its a huge sedan and there is NO legroom in the back seat... vs my civic which was a tiny 2 door hatch and had plenty of room for rear passengers!!!. So yeah... the good things.... fast, awd. And I've come to learn that that is pretty much it. Even the PAINT sucks on this car... i already had chips and dings and scratches after 2 weeks of driving the car. Unfortunately with more than a $5k depreciation loss directly after buying the car it looks like ill have to live w/my poor decision for a couple of years at least. You all talk about "what car would you get thats better?" Well, my answer to that is ANY HONDA. My civic was a million times better than this car, had more features, was way cheaper, and after 2 years and a MAJOR overhaul after an accident it had less problems with noises and such than my 6 week old subaru. I am kicking myself for not getting another civic si or keeping the one i had. I convinced myself I needed AWD and this is what happened.... I'm sure there are a lot of civic and rsx owners out there that are jealous of the wrx's, sti's, and legacys... but, like me, they don't know what they've got. =P Alright go ahead and flame me. Just needed to be honest in case there is anyone else lurking w/the same opinion as me, but is afraid to come out of the darkness... :icon_tong

Hello consumer. And I say unto you, please use exact change.

This is my shark.

[quote name='pedzola']Currently have about 3500 miles on the car and more "remorse" than ever. 2) feet hit under dash when moving from gas to brake pedal (dangerous???) And no i don't have big feet, size 11 shoe - is anyone elses car like this? 3) uncomfortable seats/seat position too high 4) soft rolly-polly stock suspension 7) POOR INTERIOR DESIGN. Controls suck, no places to put things, cupholders are in the way, stereo isn't upgradeable, climate control isn't intuitive (and not visible depending what gear you're in!!), steering wheel is too big, cheap plastics, even the standard floormats are bogus. There is just nothing right about the interior of this car. Not to mention that its a huge sedan and there is NO legroom in the back seat... vs my civic which was a tiny 2 door hatch and had plenty of room for rear passengers!!!. ALL THE ABOVE COULD HAVE BEEN TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION AFTER A COUPLE OF TEST DRIVES. "YOU HAVE TO BE MINDFUL OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS"....I read this somewhere in this forum he!he!he. My advice...is sell the car and allow the buyer for a couple of test drives.:icon_bigg :icon_bigg
"Remember..."MODDING is a HOBBY:icon_bigg, not a BAAAD HABIT";) .

The stutter is the only thing I dislike about the car. When I'm stuck in traffic it REALLLLLLLYYYYYYYY pisses me off that I got rid of my '94 Cobra for this car. If Subaru can't fix the stuttering, I may try to get it lemon lawed and go back to Mustangs....as much as I love turbo AWD, I can't get past the stuttering :(

No stuttering problems. No rattles, shakes, weird noises at 15K miles on the odometer. The car is very quiet when the windows are up and the stereo is off. My feet do however hit the plastic and I thought about just taking it off. It doesn't bother me that much though so I could just leave it on. I do think that for a 30 thousand dollar car the stereo could've been much better. Why don't we have a digital stereo that tells us what song and band is playing? Subaru went the cheap route and we can't easily change it. Overall, I purchased my black limited 5 speed legacy gt with 10K miles on it for 21,999 and I never looked back. It was the best car for the money. I am waiting impatiantly like a little japanese school girl for it to snow so I can have a bit more fun with the awd but for now the rainy days will do. I have received many compliments on the car especially with the new wheels, tint and drop.

[quote name='pedzola']Currently have about 3500 miles on the car and more "remorse" than ever.[/QUOTE] I have to say I have none of the problems that you mentioned. In fact, as far as the trunk is concerned, I have to stop people from slamming it down unnecessarily. I also don't have any squeeks or rattles. Sorry you are having such problems. Personally, I would make sure there were no body work repairs made on your car. Otherwise, take it the dealer and see what they can do for you. I actually test drove both the TSX and RSX before buying and must say, I didn't like the RSX interior layout at all and the TSX seemed boring in personality. Don't get me wrong, the TSX and RSX are quality products but I haven't had problems with the Subie. The only thing I don't like is the lack of side bolsters for the seat and it does sit a little higher than I like. [quote name='Waxiboy']Body Roll - This I can't live with. Suspension mod is first in the list. Did anyone say Cusco anti sway bars?[/QUOTE] I put on Cusco's a couple months ago and have to say it's one of the best investments I made. I could've lived wth the body roll but friends encouraged me to look at swaybars and I did. It does make bumps a little harsher but the turns make up for it. It's all in what you want out of the car.

Archived