LegacyGT.com

Anyone have buyer's remorse?

But 39K+ miles later since Sept 04, I'm cwazy and can't live without it. My first new car I paid for with my first job, and will probably keep it around till the motor falls out. Also, my next car will probably be another LGT.
I keed I keeed

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll be honest with you, I like the car alot and don't regret buying it. But I think for thirty thousand dollars, it's lacking. The climate control is a joke!!!! The stereo is fair at best!!! I don't personally have any rattles. I got rid of my '05 Honda Accord EXL (4cyl) for the Subie. I personally think the interior was alot nicer on the Honda, the climate control worked perfectly and the stereo sounded ten times better that the Subes. In hind sight if I had it to do all over again I probably would've kept the Honda and saved my self seven grand. I got rid of it because every other day there seemed to be a different rattle somewhere and it was driving me nuts. I didn't realize this seems to be a problem with alot of new cars. There trying so hard to keep the weight down on these vehicles, there making the plastics cheaper and cheaper. I hope my Subie doesn't start rattling or I will really be pissed. My wife is still mad at me for not keeping the Honda. Just my .02.

Sure there are a number of little things that can be improved but I'd say the only thing Subaru got completely wrong is the climate control. Even with the short list of negatives (note that items on this list tend to be magnified and exagerated in forums like this one...people need to talk about something), I can't think of any car I'd rather have than the LGT Ltd. Wagon in anything close to this price range.

No regrets/remorse.:) Never had the "stuttering" problem, but then again I only drove it for 1,000mi. before the cobb AP. Next on the list is the sway-bars and new sneakers. 1 rattle to speak of and that is the E-brake(:icon_evil ) for now I just keep my right leg against it on bumpy roads... do I need to include pictures of this quick fix?:rolleyes:
Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

I think "Pedzola" is looking for a model line "LEGACIVIC GT". It is a new model. You can check it out at [URL="http://www.haveyoueverheardoftest"]http://www.haveyoueverheardoftest[/URL]drive.net
"Remember..."MODDING is a HOBBY:icon_bigg, not a BAAAD HABIT";) .

I think the rattling is because these cars are getting stiffer. There is just not a lot of give anymore just stiffness. Great for safety and performance, bad for interior panels which are still put on the same way the ones in the 80's were put on...friction, bolts and hooks.

[quote name='pedzola']Currently have about 3500 miles on the car and more "remorse" than ever. I hate to be the voice of evil here, but every day I wish more that I had gotten something else. Here is my "short" list of grievances, in no particular order: 1) need to slam trunk to get it to close 2) feet hit under dash when moving from gas to brake pedal (dangerous???) And no i don't have big feet, size 11 shoe - is anyone elses car like this? 3) uncomfortable seats/seat position too high 4) soft rolly-polly stock suspension 5) no rear-wiper 6) squeaking, creaking, rattling sounds all over - AFTER 3000 MILES???? :icon_evil 7) POOR INTERIOR DESIGN. Controls suck, no places to put things, cupholders are in the way, stereo isn't upgradeable, climate control isn't intuitive (and not visible depending what gear you're in!!), steering wheel is too big, cheap plastics, even the standard floormats are bogus. There is just nothing right about the interior of this car. Not to mention that its a huge sedan and there is NO legroom in the back seat... vs my civic which was a tiny 2 door hatch and had plenty of room for rear passengers!!!. So yeah... the good things.... fast, awd. And I've come to learn that that is pretty much it. Even the PAINT sucks on this car... i already had chips and dings and scratches after 2 weeks of driving the car. Unfortunately with more than a $5k depreciation loss directly after buying the car it looks like ill have to live w/my poor decision for a couple of years at least. You all talk about "what car would you get thats better?" Well, my answer to that is ANY HONDA. My civic was a million times better than this car, had more features, was way cheaper, and after 2 years and a MAJOR overhaul after an accident it had less problems with noises and such than my 6 week old subaru. I am kicking myself for not getting another civic si or keeping the one i had. I convinced myself I needed AWD and this is what happened.... I'm sure there are a lot of civic and rsx owners out there that are jealous of the wrx's, sti's, and legacys... but, like me, they don't know what they've got. =P Alright go ahead and flame me. Just needed to be honest in case there is anyone else lurking w/the same opinion as me, but is afraid to come out of the darkness... :icon_tong[/quote] 1> the dealer should adjust the mech in the latch, should be an easy fix 2> It an issue of your foot being too high on the pedal, my friend has the same problem with the car, if you focus on using more of the top of your foot to press on the pedal you will find the problem resolved 3> I would agree with you on a non-limited but the limited seats are comfy once your body gets used to them 4> Compared to what? an STI? 5> Are you @&(@&@( kidding me, name one sedan in the US with a rear wiper 6> I have had only a few squeeks, if you take it in they will give a fair shot at trying to resolve them 7> This is not a huge sedan, but i will concede that its kinda lame that it has 3 inches less of legroom then a civic sedan for the rear seats. I have to disagree with you on the interior.. while the not (easily) being able to replace the radio does suck, the fit and finish of my car is quite nice and everyone who i have given a ride to has complimented my car saying it looks like a luxury car inside. And as far as hondas/squeaks/rattles... Check out the tsx section of acurazine.com I had a TSX for a year and I had tons of wierd rattles and noises.... :icon_neut
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

[quote name='godwhomismike']Anyone here have buyer's remorse? Such as: "I like the car a lot, but kinda wish I got _____ instead.” Just curious. - Mike[/quote] Alittle, kinda like maybe I should of got the new mustang GT. But then again, awd, luxury, nice enough engine, the only regret is where I got my tints done. Other then that, car is nice, oh yea brakes suck though, but who didn't know that already.

Was getting a little itch for something else but I just went to the Motortrend car show in Tampa. There were only 2 cars that interested me: 06 Audi S4 Avant 06 Lexus IS350 I liked the look of the Lexus so much I drove one today...Nice car (overpriced) Simply put..it did not have the power of the Modded GT:) Very little feedback to the driver...it has a disconnected feel. I came from a 02 S4 Avant so I will always have a spot in my heart for the S4. The cars just fit me like a glove..man do I miss those seats. Until they go back to a tubocharged format I will not look @ them again. What makes matters worse for the S4 Avant is , it is a special order vehicle. You will never see a new one just sitting on a lot. I a now truly am satisfied....How can I ask the wifey for the AVO450 turbo upgrade for Christmas? How does the saying go....You can Sh1t in one hand & wish in the other;)
Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

I'll admit that I did have buyer's remorse at one time. I'm a single male in my mid-twenties, and I thought "Why the hell did I buy a medium blue, station wagon, that uses premuim gas", with about 3 weeks of ownership. After thinking that, I took the car out for a drive and to flog it on some back roads to punish it for being what it is...the drive and subsiquent flogging made me forget all about that petty buyer's remorse thing. After 11 months and over 30,000 miles I am EXTREEMLY happy with the car. I bought the all around best car for me. Have I found things to improve? Yes, the stock tires being the first. Has an absolute perfect, no compromise car ever been made? No, but this is damn close.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

[quote name='eL GaTo']I think "Pedzola" is looking for a model line "LEGACIVIC GT". It is a new model. You can check it out at [URL="http://www.haveyoueverheardoftestdrive.net"]http://www.haveyoueverheardoftestdrive.net[/URL][/quote] very clever. To me, you can't tell what a car is like on a test drive, so I don't weight my car buying based on it. Unless something is seriously wrong w/the test drive, then I pretty much chalk up the small things to not yet being used to the car. The things that sold me on the Legacy: 1) Car of the year in Japan. Only after I bought it did I find out that the car we get is made in indiana and isn't nearly the same as the Japanese vehicle. 2) Fast, all wheel drive. 3) Everyone I know is a subaru nut. My roommate, my friends... I should have recognized the fact that "everyone" excludes every girl I know. But then again, you usually don't ask girls for car advice... In any case I would rather have my old car back... '03 civic si. Best car ever. :icon_cry: Now if it were only all wheel drive it would have been perfect....

Hello consumer. And I say unto you, please use exact change.

This is my shark.

2) feet hit under dash when moving from gas to brake pedal (dangerous???) And no i don't have big feet, size 11 shoe - is anyone elses car like this? 3) uncomfortable seats/seat position too high 4) soft rolly-polly stock suspension 7) POOR INTERIOR DESIGN. Controls suck, no places to put things, cupholders are in the way, stereo isn't upgradeable, climate control isn't intuitive (and not visible depending what gear you're in!!), steering wheel is too big, cheap plastics, even the standard floormats are bogus. There is just nothing right about the interior of this car. Not to mention that its a huge sedan and there is NO legroom in the back seat... vs my civic which was a tiny 2 door hatch and had plenty of room for rear passengers!!!. Pedzola, read the 4 items listed that I quoted from your post. You could have noticed all of the above with a test drive...... Admit it you did not road test the car. You were so focused on that "Car of the Year" in Japan. Anyway, good luck. Check out the new 2006 Civic Si.:icon_neut
"Remember..."MODDING is a HOBBY:icon_bigg, not a BAAAD HABIT";) .

[quote name='eL GaTo'] Pedzola, read the 4 items listed that I quoted from your post. You could have noticed all of the above with a test drive...... Admit it you did not road test the car. You were so focused on that "Car of the Year" in Japan. Anyway, good luck. Check out the new 2006 Civic Si.:icon_neut[/quote] DUH it has VTEC so it is deh fastar!!!
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Today I traded in my 00 Eclipse for an LGT. As the day approached I was really starting to wonder if I was making a huge mistake, I really loved my Eclipse. After the first 100 miles I can say that I LOVE this freakin car. So much better than I expected so far.

[quote name='eL GaTo']2) feet hit under dash when moving from gas to brake pedal (dangerous???) And no i don't have big feet, size 11 shoe - is anyone elses car like this? 3) uncomfortable seats/seat position too high 4) soft rolly-polly stock suspension 7) POOR INTERIOR DESIGN. Controls suck, no places to put things, cupholders are in the way, stereo isn't upgradeable, climate control isn't intuitive (and not visible depending what gear you're in!!), steering wheel is too big, cheap plastics, even the standard floormats are bogus. There is just nothing right about the interior of this car. Not to mention that its a huge sedan and there is NO legroom in the back seat... vs my civic which was a tiny 2 door hatch and had plenty of room for rear passengers!!!. Pedzola, read the 4 items listed that I quoted from your post. You could have noticed all of the above with a test drive...... Admit it you did not road test the car. You were so focused on that "Car of the Year" in Japan. Anyway, good luck. Check out the new 2006 Civic Si.:icon_neut[/quote] Calling it like I see it, also : 1) need to slam trunk to get it to close - that's subjective, I don't like it to close with a light touch, and could have been tested before getting a car 5) no rear-wiper - that's not a regret it's a feature you didn't think was important enough, strike So the only legitimate concern is the rattles, of which I have none, and that is why you have a bumper2bumper warranty, use it.
I keed I keeed

[quote name='eL GaTo']Pedzola, read the 4 items listed that I quoted from your post. You could have noticed all of the above with a test drive...... Admit it you did not road test the car. You were so focused on that "Car of the Year" in Japan. Anyway, good luck. Check out the new 2006 Civic Si.:icon_neut[/quote] I test drove it twice. Some things I wrote off as no big deal (instrument panel - every car is different). Some things I thought it was because I wasn't used to the car yet (seats uncomfortable), some things I thought I could fix (suspension), and some things I just did not notice on my test drives (feet hitting under the dash). I'm not trying to argue w/anyone I'm just telling you what I don't like about the car, and why I regret buying it, since this is what the thread is about. :P I went about my car buying experience the wrong way. I said, what do I NEED? And I decided that I needed AWD because I hate getting stuck in the winter. So it came down to 3 contenders: Hummer H3, Legacy GT, or WRX Wagon. People started threatening my life at the mere mention of buying a Hummer (guess thats what I get for living in blue territory), and I just could not swallow my pride enough to buy a wagon, plus the LGT wasn't far off in price. I sort of talked myself into the car despite all the pitfalls. I thought I could live w/it. I'm regretting it. Shoulda got the Hummer.... I get about the same gas mileage in the LGT... 17.4mpg average last time i checked.... o___o

Hello consumer. And I say unto you, please use exact change.

This is my shark.

[SIZE=2]I'm coming from a 91'civic SI, 02-RSX type-S, '02 TT quattro 225hp all manuals. Now I've got a new '05 LGT ltd 5EAT with 1,250 miles on it. [/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE] [SIZE=2]There are elements of my earlier cars that I truly miss in the Subaru but overall, it has positive traits that the other cars did not posess.[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE] [SIZE=2]The CRX was light, quick, and very responsive. (no low-end torque, no ABS / really small, no airbags, 2 seater.)[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE] [SIZE=2]The RSX was Faster, 8,000rpm vtec, really tight steering and amazing 6-speed. (It really didn't have much of a personality unless the engine was screaming. No torque down-low, really bad blind-spot)[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE] [SIZE=2]The TT looked cool and unique, especially the interior. (better than most cars at any price. The quality of the materials was amazing. It was fast and had a real solid feel, Scary-powerful brakes, quattro.) But, boy was that car unreliable. I couldn't drive it 500 miles without a new weird electrical problem occuring. Of course, the crazy electric windows would always work perfectly only in front of the Audi service reps.[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE] [SIZE=2]The Legacy Is bigger, faster, pulls-harder, plush, better seats (lthr), reliable, unique, HUGE TRUNK, and affordable. I'll be commuting farther next year in LA traffic and got the Auto.[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE] [SIZE=2]That's the only regret I keep thinking about. There is Sooooo much lag. When I want to go, it is very frustrating to then wait 1 to 2 seconds before it goes. Sometimes, if there's a hole in traffic and you need to get over there, it's hard to judge exactly when the car will lunge forward.[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE] [SIZE=2]Even in sport-mode, this thing is not a DSG and shifts shortly after you tell it to shift.[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE] [SIZE=2]I suppose with the clutch and stick-shift the lag is still there, but you're in control.[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE] [SIZE=2]The reality of hours of stop-and-go traffic makes the 5EAT a sound decision.[/SIZE]

Archived