LegacyGT.com

Silly thing i just noticed about my car (could be the silly thing i noticed thread)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's some cases some have made: It's dark on the roads I drive and I need DRL's....If it's so dark out that you have trouble seeing other cars, you should turn your lights on, end of story. The people behind you will have more trouble seeing you without them on.

But people dont pay attention. We already established this. Hence, your rearending.

Take my example. Its a 1 mile stretch of road. Most people arent going to turn their headlights on for a short road. They should, I do because I dont have DRLs, but they dont. Just like they dont when construction signs mandate that you turn on your headlights. Which is a fine in PA.

"New Hampshire has this thing called the sun, and it allows me to see the other idiots around me."

You're missing the other half of the equation. Will the other idiots be as aware as you?

The numbers don't lie. DLRs do prevent accidents.

If DRL's prevent accidents then there should never be a car with DRL's in an accident.

They help in certain circumstances (Ie Head on collisions, as I've said) if both cars are paying attention, but they don't even prevent those altogether.

Are you purposely being obtuse? Any increased warning that there is other traffic present and announcing your presence is going to prevent accidents and the statistics bear this out conclusively.

Turn signals aren't necessary to make turns either, eh?:lol:

Actually, while we are talking about safety...One thing I don't understand about our cars is the weak horn. I don't use it much anyway, but when someone does cut me off, the horn does no good. It's so weak other cars don't even hear it.

I've honked at my gf before when she was right in front of me. When we got home she said she didn't even know I was honking when I asked her about it.

^^^^^^ +1

How about a no more talking about DRL's. Let's agree to not have the EXACT same views on something. The evidence shows that DRL's help prevent accidents. In some instances they won't do a damn thing, in others they may make a world of difference.

If DRL's were mandated in the states, would there be no more accidents? No. Would no one notice the DRL's if every car had them? Who knows.

Let's leave it at that and let this nice little thread cruise along with the cool little things about our cars.

For a cool/wierd thing I noticed about my car. Last time I had my front bumper off, I had a 15amp fuse just hangin out in the bumper. I've never opened my fuse box so I had no idea where it came from. Somehow it was the spare 15amp that was stuck in the side. And BTW, I love that SOA provides spares.

I like the way the car looks. I know that it is slightly OT, but I was enjoying a cigar the other night (Monte Cristo White Label, in case anyone cares). I was sitting looking at the car.

To be honest, I didn't really like the idea of a Station Wagon. It was a practical purchase more than anything. This summer proved that the car borders on a necessity.

Looking at it for the first time- I mean really stopping to look at it- I really like the car. A lot.

Can I put down the entire car as a "silly thing I just noticed about my car"?

The wiper stalk has the mist windshield symbol at teh end by the push button and also on the bottom. This confused me for a while because it even says pull mist.....I though I was running out of fluid. Dumbass

+1

silly thing i noticed... on one side of the car (forget which side) it looks like there's an extra mud flap near the rear wheel... i thought something was falling off my car, then i went to the subaru dealership and realized every other legacy has that lol...

This has come up so many times.

Aerodynamic spoilers. they create turbulence ahead of the rear tires, and push faster flowing air toward the center of the car to exit out the back, or out under the side skirts. The turbulent air that goes under them can more easily fill the low pressure zones in the wheel wells, rather than just slamming into a wedge between the rear tire tread and the road surface.

This helps prevent high air pressure in front of the rear tires. They actually LOWER the drag effect of the car, and possibly reduces pressure-induced lift under the rear tires.

• 3 weeks later...

If you hit the RPT (Repeat) button on the audio system once, it repeates the track.

If you hit it again, it displays "D-RPT" and repeats the CD, not the track.

Until this morning, I did not know this.....

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Archived