LegacyGT.com

Silly thing i just noticed about my car (could be the silly thing i noticed thread)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As the mornings are getting colder here in the north east I've noticed that you can't lock all the doors when the car is running, so there is no safe way to warm up the car unattended. I was hoping to be able to use the remote or spare key and leave the car locked while warming up.

I've noticed, when driving into the setting sun, when I flip down the sun visor, the whole world turns slightly more amber.

I didn't realize that ambient light coming through the blue tint strip at the top of the windsheild affected my whole perception that way. Neither of my other cars have that blue strip, although previous cars have, I don't remember that effect.

I've noticed, when driving into the setting sun, when I flip down the sun visor, the whole world turns slightly more amber.

Side note to this.....I noticed today, that when I pull up to a light that I'm waiting to turn green. If it's an LED light, when the opposing traffics light goes to yellow, if you look at it through the blue strip at the top of the windshield, the yellow disappears. Looks like the light is dead w/ no power.

Just noticed yesterday... when the trip timer hits 1 hour, it flashes a few times. No idea why - it just does. Who really cares? Not me.

Its like hey man, time to take a break :)

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

During hot days, I always use the tilt feature on the sunroof and leave the shade open a bit to let the air out. I didn't notice until a couple of days ago that the shade has open vents so you can shut it all the way and still let the heat get out through the tilted open sunroof.

Just never noticed it before. :)

Just noticed the first fairly big thing I don't like about the car: When you have the heat seat to just the foot position, it still comes out to the windshield a little and hits you in the head eventually. Gives me a headache.

I am unable to locate my tire pressure monitor in my Legacy GT Ltd.

Oh, and my cruise control works fine in 5th gear (Manual), but in 4th gear it cuts out frequently at speeds above 55 mph.

Oh, although the car looks very stealth, it is not invisible to LIDAR.

I am unable to locate my tire pressure monitor in my Legacy GT Ltd.

Oh, and my cruise control works fine in 5th gear (Manual), but in 4th gear it cuts out frequently at speeds above 55 mph.

Oh, although the car looks very stealth, it is not invisible to LIDAR.

Thats because its standard on 07s (tire pressure) no 05s have it

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

I can't find the latch to fold down my rear seats.

You laugh, I spent about 5 minutes searching for one about a week into ownership. Finally realized that they didn't fold and let out a somewhat loud "son of a ______!". Oh well, I don't carry much big stuff that often anyway :)

The only real oddball thing I've noticed is why does my car have a third brakelight in the back window AND on the spoiler?!? Seems like they would include a piece of harness with the factory spoiler to disable the other 3rd brakelight. Oh well, I'm cutting a piece of cardboard tonight to block out the light from the 3rd light.

The only real oddball thing I've noticed is why does my car have a third brakelight in the back window AND on the spoiler?!? Seems like they would include a piece of harness with the factory spoiler to disable the other 3rd brakelight. Oh well, I'm cutting a piece of cardboard tonight to block out the light from the 3rd light.

Why would you even bother?:icon_conf

My car came with a spoiler (& light) - i.e., I did not order but bought off the lot.

I think the light in the spoiler was added just to protect Subaru from someone complaining that the spoiler hid the existing rear window light. With the spoiler, the window brake light is redundant but, it would cost Subaru money to remove it just for those few cars that have a spoiler.

^^^ Yeah...just remove the bulb or something if it bothers you that much.

Thats what I ended up doing. The first time I had the assembly off it seemed like it would crack if I tried to remove it so I was going to work around it. Went back out later on though and was able to pull the bulb with no problems. I had been worried that I'd get the bulb out only to find that it would throw a warning light, but it didn't.

Just noticed yesterday... when the trip timer hits 1 hour, it flashes a few times. No idea why - it just does. Who really cares? Not me.

my 92 318i did that as well, but I think at the 2 hr mark, something like that... just to let you know you had been driving for a while, good time to take a break, pay attention, etc.... 1 hr is a short interval, more beneficial for me to be higher, as I'm in the car for usually well more than 1 hr at a time

Archived