LegacyGT.com

Silly thing i just noticed about my car (could be the silly thing i noticed thread)

Cant lock the keys in the car. If keys are in the ignition and you lock the door, the door will unlock when shut.

If you lock the passenger door while open and then close it when out of the car the security system engages all the door locks despite the keys being in the cupholder..

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you lock the passenger door while open and then close it when out of the car the security system engages all the door locks despite the keys being in the cupholder..

Sounds like the sage voice of experience.........:)

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

My clock seems to run slow. I have to re-set the time on a regular basis. Anyone else notice this?

Mine's been perfect since when I bought it in July (except of course for Daylight Savings Time, when it mysteriously gained an hour).

The dash center cubby on the '05 has a courtesy light and a sticker to warn you that space gets hot. The '06 has a warning sticker but no light. I had the dealer check, since there is a row of slots for the light to shine through.

The dash center cubby on the '05 has a courtesy light and a sticker to warn you that space gets hot. The '06 has a warning sticker but no light. I had the dealer check, since there is a row of slots for the light to shine through.

Uh, (actually a real question) does the light go off when the cubby is closed?

Guest Gitster
I just mounted my Sirius Starmate Replay in the cubby, I removed that heat resistant rubber pad so it would fit better, now the combination of my heater on for the winter, my starmate stuck in there, and my stereo blasting, I think I could cook a mini a christmas ham in there. Im comnteplating getting a 12volt CPU heatsink and fan to put on the back of the starmate, so it doesnt melt.

When you think about it, I can see a light for the ashtray though they've added this for what, 10% of the population?

What the heck is the light for in the cubby? Watch your food cooking? You can't put a cell phone there cause of radio interference, garage door opener doesn't fit (no homelink), CD's don't bend.

I just found out yesterday (read how I did it in the manual afterwards), if you bump the cruise control lever while turning your car on, it will disable the cruise control. Then the "cruise" light will continously blink as well as giving you a CEL. After looking through the manual and seeing how re-engage the cruise control the CEL went away.

When you think about it, I can see a light for the ashtray though they've added this for what, 10% of the population?

What the heck is the light for in the cubby? Watch your food cooking? You can't put a cell phone there cause of radio interference, garage door opener doesn't fit (no homelink), CD's don't bend.

I put my cell phone in the cubby every day, and don't experience any radio interference. :icon_conf

Uh, (actually a real question) does the light go off when the cubby is closed?
I don't know, since I drive the '06 (the one without the light). I think on the wagon (the '05) it's on all the time. Isn't that why they warn you the cubby gets hot?

GSM phones tend to cause more clicking/buzzing in neighboring electronics than CDMA or TDMA phones.

Specifically the 1900 MHz frequency is the killer especially when placed next to non-shielded speakers. CDMA phones are worse. TDMA phones....for the year and a half I had AT&T, they never buzzed.

Specifically the 1900 MHz frequency is the killer especially when placed next to non-shielded speakers. CDMA phones are worse. TDMA phones....for the year and a half I had AT&T, they never buzzed.

Thanks, I wanted Quad band for traveling.

I suppose I'll just have to find a NAV LCD screen to use that cubby.

Maybe Santa will stop by.

Thanks, I wanted Quad band for traveling.

I suppose I'll just have to find a NAV LCD screen to use that cubby.

Maybe Santa will stop by.

I wouldn't worry about phones now that audio equipment is so advanced these days. I am using a Sony Ericsson W810 now (with T-Mobile) and I can aim my phone at the headunit and nothing happens. I had Verizon awhile back and those phones do a lot of damage (figuretively speaking) to the chirping sounds and what not. :)

Archived