LegacyGT.com

Silly thing i just noticed about my car (could be the silly thing i noticed thread)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No offense, but you just noticed that? That was a selling point for me.

sunvisors were the selling point? my selling point was the smooth shifting ride quality, radio/ac layout, turbo, and awd lol

this is my first turbo'd car, first awd...my first subaru :wub::lol:

The past few mornings, it's been really cold (near freezing), and instead of the avg MPG left on the display, it flashes the temperature on startup, then goes to the MPG display. I'm not sure if it does this during warmer weather (it wasn't anything I noticed), and it's just something I noticed.

No offense, but you just noticed that? That was a selling point for me.

Yup, drove it 23,000 miles before I noticed this had the same feature that our 1988 Ford Taurus had, except the Taurus panels were bigger.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

At least you didnt think it was an engine warning error... :icon_wink

I did... Only for about 2 seconds, but I did.

so in case you are storing any people in your trunk, looks like theyre gonna be able to get out.

There go my plans for next weekend. Shit.

I tried that once but couldn't figure out which exhaust pipe to use.

The one on the left, as God intended. Besides, the one on the right smells foul. How could you even?

I'm disappointed that I can't set the cruise control over 90 mph.

Glad to hear it! I find that somewhat reassuring.

Well the twice as fast thing is just how the car is wired. I know every car pretty much blinks twice as fast if one bulb is out because of the change in the power circut.

<sarcasm> Yeah, there's no way they designed that to happen on purpose. </sarcasm>

The past few mornings, it's been really cold (near freezing), and instead of the avg MPG left on the display, it flashes the temperature on startup, then goes to the MPG display. I'm not sure if it does this during warmer weather (it wasn't anything I noticed), and it's just something I noticed.

If the ambient temp is 37 or lower, the temp will flash at startup, and anytime while driving if you encounter this lower temp (say you go from 40 degrees out to 35, it will flash on the display, then return to whatever you have the display set on) It does this as a road freeze warning, pretty cool!

If the ambient temp is 37 or lower, the temp will flash at startup, and anytime while driving if you encounter this lower temp (say you go from 40 degrees out to 35, it will flash on the display, then return to whatever you have the display set on) It does this as a road freeze warning, pretty cool!

Definitely very cool! Thanks for the info! :)

If you press the lock button on the key fob three times in five seconds it beeps the horn and flashes the lights to help locate the car in a parking lot.....

If you do that while twisting it to the right you can get Lui Kang's Fatality........:icon_mrgr

Is it just me or is the red design on the cover extension (the piece that attaches to the lift gate) for our wagons reflective? So when you lift the gate up it faces traffic. Maybe its just me, i'll take a look at it again later :)

I love the split A/B trip option. I reset A trip option everytime I fill up the fuel tank to track my avg mpg usage but only reset my B trip option after I change the oil. That way, it helps me track how many miles till my next oil change at the touch of a button.

Future accessory recommendation for Subaru: a Headlight bulb burn-out warning light for driver notification. :icon_wink

But, but....the light would never go out!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest Gitster

When you pull the E brake while driving, theres an awesome little graphic that pops up in the mile-age-o-meter (thats a technical term) display showing that you ebrake is pulled at least a little but, its a funny graphic.

Also, when using a multimeter to try to get amperage on the ILM or Tailight fuse under the dash, and you put the black lead to ground instead of trying to meter across the fuse, you burn out the parking switch fuse under the hood and you have to drive around with your flashers on at night angering many people until you figure out that you busted the power going to the fuse block. Z I N GGGGGG.

well i don't have an 07 so i can't test the parking brake thing.... annnnd as far as the fuse popping, i think that's a user error, because a fuse won't pop unless your meter was set on Amps... and if it was set on Amps, then the way you tested it was... you introduced a short-to-ground... which will pop a fuse...

Guest Gitster

Thank You, im aware i said I shorted it because I was measuring voltage before, and then switched to amps quick and forgot I had to measure across the fuse, not to ground. Thats what popped the fuse controlling power to the 2 fuses I was testing. I already stated it was user error.

"Im hung over, do you know what that means?" Jack Black, School of Rock

Sorry, I don't have time to read all 26 pages on this, so don't ream me if its a repost. I just noticed the passenger's door on my 2007 wagon has a light on the lower corner. I wish the driver's side had one.

:icon_conf

My sedan has a door light on the driver side. I've never noticed in the wagon.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

where?

Also, when using a multimeter to try to get amperage on the ILM or Tailight fuse under the dash, and you put the black lead to ground instead of trying to meter across the fuse, you burn out the parking switch fuse under the hood and you have to drive around with your flashers on at night angering many people until you figure out that you busted the power going to the fuse block. Z I N GGGGGG.

Right there, in the bold parts. :p

-Coelli

I just noticed that ever since we put up our Christmas lights outside, my keyless entry remote doesn't work while i'm parked anywhere near them :lol:

I also noticed while washing and waxing today that our paint is absolutely pathetic quality. My front bumper and hood look terrible with only 33800 miles :(

Read this thread a while ago so I don't remember if this was mentioned but...

The car's security system will beep several times if you try to arm it while a door is open.

I left the driver's side door open while I got something out of the back, closed the gate, and started to walk back to my front door while hitting lock on the remote. The car beeped a bunch of times and we were like, what's up with that? From the angle, you couldn't see that I'd left the door open - duh. Thanks, car. You're smarter than me.

-Coelli

Archived