LegacyGT.com

Silly thing i just noticed about my car (could be the silly thing i noticed thread)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only real oddball thing I've noticed is why does my car have a third brakelight in the back window AND on the spoiler?!? Seems like they would include a piece of harness with the factory spoiler to disable the other 3rd brakelight. Oh well, I'm cutting a piece of cardboard tonight to block out the light from the 3rd light.

I thought the Legacy spoilers were a dealer add-on? I assumed that is why the rear deck brake lights are always present in all Legacy's - meaning the car comes from the factory with the rear deck light installed. I would have had the spoiler on my car if I could have ordered one from the factory without the rear deck light.

I just wish the sunroof would close with one click of the switch instead of closing halfway and then having to hit the switch again.

Yeah, what is UP with THAT????? I consider myself to be reasonably bright, and I work in the auto industry, but I have not been able to come with any plausible explanation for why Subaru designed it like that. Or why any customer would want it like that. Poor man's "anti-pinch" function?? I've seen some sunroofs that seem to have a 'sweet spot', aerodynamically, but that sure isn't the case on ours with that half-open position. Stupid and annoying.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Yeah, what is UP with THAT????? I consider myself to be reasonably bright, and I work in the auto industry, but I have not been able to come with any plausible explanation for why Subaru designed it like that. Or why any customer would want it like that. Poor man's "anti-pinch" function?? I've seen some sunroofs that seem to have a 'sweet spot', aerodynamically, but that sure isn't the case on ours with that half-open position. Stupid and annoying.

It's an option to make people sometimes forget it only closes part of the way, thus making you forget so you leave it open overnight in a downpour and wake up with a nice pool of water inside your car, at least the heated seat could make the water alot warmer.

btw - I havent taken full advantage of this option as of yet, but perhaps in the future I might look forward to doing this.

I just wish the sunroof would close with one click of the switch instead of closing halfway and then having to hit the switch again.

+1, seems like a completly useless deisgn. I'm sure someone here could figure out how to re-wire it to close with one touch.

Agreed but, lawyer-proof.

The red lighted ring around the fuel gauge flashes when you start the car after the low fuel light it tripped...

After 16,000miles of looking over my rearview mirror I find that it has a pivot on the windshield too so you can actually move the entire mirror up and down!

+1

I've read this thread in it's entirety several times in the past and don't recall seeing this but if it's a repeat...I'm sorry in advance. I only just noticed the other day that...at night when you lock the doors the dome light quickly dims and goes out, but the red ring around the ignition switch stays lit for several more seconds before going out.

I've read this thread in it's entirety several times in the past and don't recall seeing this but if it's a repeat...I'm sorry in advance. I only just noticed the other day that...at night when you lock the doors the dome light quickly dims and goes out, but the red ring around the ignition switch stays lit for several more seconds before going out.

Sometimes it's difficult to put 'tab a' into 'slot b' in the dark. (Insert crude joke here). :lol:

Did Subaru update their CD player for 2006 models? I can play MP3s with no issues. Are 2005 cars unable to play MP3s?

2006 SpecB and some Outback trim feature only. No mp3 in 05-06 LGT.

Got in the car today, pressed the "disp" button to see what time it was, closed the door and the clock shut off in about a second... tried it again, clock turns off when the door is closed...

weird.

Maybe it thought you were leaving instead of entering and there is no reason to show the time when there is no one to see it...when a tree falls in the woods and there is no one to hear it does it make a sound crap.

It is still ugly.

That temp display/beep happens when you're within 5F (2C) of freezing - as a warning that ice might be forming on the road. I kind of like that feature.

[Rant]

I couldn't stand that "feature" on my last two VWs. It's 15°F outside, I get in my car, so I'm already freezing my nuts off. Then my car decides to beep and say, "Hey dunce! It's cold outside! It's below freezing and there *might* be ice on the road!" :orly:

[/Rant]

I couldn't stand that "feature" on my last two VWs. It's 15°F outside, I get in my car, so I'm already freezing my nuts off. Then my car decides to beep and say, "Hey dunce! It's cold outside! It's below freezing and there *might* be ice on the road!" :orly:

Looks like Subie's system is better with a warning only near the freezing point. Having a thermometer for monitering outside temps is something I've always appreciated for precisely that reason.

Looks like Subie's system is better with a warning only near the freezing point. Having a thermometer for monitering outside temps is something I've always appreciated for precisely that reason.

agreed. my bimmer did that, my audis did that, even my beater malibu does that.

yeah, we know when it's super cold that there might be ice, but on those nights that it's raining in december, and you wonder if the temp is close to freezing or not.... it's good to have a reminder

I suppose it's redundant if you have Nav. I haven't notice any low temperature beeps yet, but the outside temp. is clearly displayed on my Nav screen. If the car warns near the freezing point only, then that's more tolerable.

IIRC, VW/Audi warns when it's some weird temp.... such as 39°F... and also at about 20°F.

I suppose it's redundant if you have Nav. I haven't notice any low temperature beeps yet, but the outside temp. is clearly displayed on my Nav screen. If the car warns near the freezing point only, then that's more tolerable.

IIRC, VW/Audi warns when it's some weird temp.... such as 39°F... and also at about 20°F.

Water reaches it's highest density at 39F and black ice conditions begin at 20F. The latter is also the point at which road salting stops being effective.

• 5 weeks later...

and they really screw up your rear view mirror if you move them with those slats extended....

I drive east to work in the mornings, and the sun is low this time of year, so I put the passenger side visor down, and extend the slat behind the mirror. Last night my wife went to fold the visor back, and didn't retract that slat...

Rear-view mirror ended up pointing down at the console... :D

Archived