LegacyGT.com

Least favorite modifications?

It is too early for me to say that I have a least favorite mod on the LGT yet, but I will add HID kits FTL. If you are going to go with HID then spend the money and get the real thing. Even if you aren't going with a full retrofit it is still worth the money!

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
my least favorite mod is the borla exhaust. i hate it, its to quite.

id gowith the full perrin catback this time.

anybody looking to buy a borla?

I'd be interested if you ever buy it, how much would want for it?

my least favorite mod is the borla exhaust. i hate it, its to quite.

id gowith the full perrin catback this time.

anybody looking to buy a borla?

that's a matter of taste. I liked my borla BECAUSE it was quiet

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Hoggy, we know what your least favorite was. :lol:
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

• 1 month later...
Hoggy, we know what your least favorite was. :lol:

f'n uppipe...

1st time took me 8 hours

2nd time took me 6 hours

3rd time was down to about 3...

not bad for working alone in a 15*F garage in Janurary

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

• 3 years later...

Probably my gfb bov. Nothing wrong with the way it works i just regret buying it because i need a sway bar and need lca bushings up front cuz they are torn and

Have no money because i spent it only a silly noise maker. On a side note my outback can now be confused for a bus or truck.

...Probably my gfb bov. Nothing wrong with the way it works i just regret buying it because i need a sway bar and need lca bushings up front cuz they are torn and

Have no money because i spent it only a silly noise maker...

How do you have the BOV setup as far as recirc/atmos? I thought these things are designed to return to peak boost faster and hold transitional boost while shifting. Are you saying that other than the "woosh" noise, you see no difference or gain? I was planning on throwing one of them on when I start my exhaust and turbo upgrade here in the next few weeks...

what did u mean when you said. it felt like i was driving a civic? did u mean the car felt like it was more dependable and it was getting better mpg's?

Lightweight flywheel. You can definitely feel the difference in performance, it's great for driving like you stole it, but terrible for a daily driver. 5th gear is now useless at anything but expressway speeds. 4th is also now useless at typical residential area speed limits, since I now have to be in third to climb anything that remotely resembles a hill. It also makes it difficult to drive for other people (the wife) who are used to short shifting and lugging their cars at low rpm's...

Lightweight flywheel. You can definitely feel the difference in performance, it's great for driving like you stole it, but terrible for a daily driver. 5th gear is now useless at anything but expressway speeds. 4th is also now useless at typical residential area speed limits, since I now have to be in third to climb anything that remotely resembles a hill. It also makes it difficult to drive for other people (the wife) who are used to short shifting and lugging their cars at low rpm's...

:lol: ... Don't worry, I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you. I was actually going to say my LWFW is my least favorite mod as well. I've got the low end grunt to climb hills in 4th, but the obnoxious chatter, noise and shake that come along with it make it so unbearable. I think my LWFW combined with an HD pressure plate, GroupN Trans mount and Kartboy bushings all add up to lots of NVH.

How do you have the BOV setup as far as recirc/atmos? I thought these things are designed to return to peak boost faster and hold transitional boost while shifting. Are you saying that other than the "woosh" noise, you see no difference or gain? I was planning on throwing one of them on when I start my exhaust and turbo upgrade here in the next few weeks...

Mines set 50/50. A bov isnt gonna makr ur car noticably faster if anything itll hurt it at stock/stage 2 power levels. That 220 bucks could be used for a number of better things. Im not sayin that gfb doesnt work. I like it and think it works great but id rather get new lca bushings for my cracked ones and a sway bar

Aps intake . It was a pain to install and didn't have a fitting for all our hoses.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

:lol: ... Don't worry, I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you. I was actually going to say my LWFW is my least favorite mod as well. I've got the low end grunt to climb hills in 4th, but the obnoxious chatter, noise and shake that come along with it make it so unbearable. I think my LWFW combined with an HD pressure plate, GroupN Trans mount and Kartboy bushings all add up to lots of NVH.

I don't have an ounce of trouble with my LWFW. I went to the ACT SB5-HDSS clutch as well and will never look back. There's a slight amount of driveability lost but I can hook up and turn all 4 wheels if I get on it hard enough. The chatter you get out of it is so low I don't see how you could even have enough notice of it to think that it's bad. I dunno, just my 2 cents.

Archived