LegacyGT.com

Least favorite modifications?

My AVO Hi-Flow Air filter - 3 or 4 days after putting it in, my car misfired and died. Could've just been bad gas, or maybe it was the air filter, or maybe a combination of the two. Who knows, all I know is I have a $65 AVO air filter sitting in my room wrapped up in the box not being used.

meh...bad gas Mike. I've got 29k miles with my AVO filter and zero issues.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ion springs for my wagon. Ion said these would be fine with the Bilsteins but that only aggravated the basic problem that they sit too low in the rear. This is even worse in a wagon because you can expect to have some weight in the back from time to time.

I see Ion now makes Bilstein specific springs. I had to take my rear shocks apart and add a spacer. Very aggravating because all in all I just should have used the JDM Legacy GT springs that came with the Bilsteins.

My other least favorite mod is the expensive and hair trigger release arm rest assembly.

Great thread! I saved mucho $$$ crossing stuff off of my mod list. hehe

I have to say that I love my Xtecs, my Ions, and my AVO panel filter despite what others have said.

The only mod I regret, is the intake silencer removal. Only because I'm kinda sick of the extra noise. But it was free, and fun at first. I'm going to reverse it this weekend so I can't really complain.

Other than that I'm actually happy with all the mods I have done so far =)

...The only mod I regret, is the intake silencer removal. Only because I'm kinda sick of the extra noise. But it was free, and fun at first. I'm going to reverse it this weekend so I can't really complain. ...

keep the silencer mod, add the HOG zaust mod and you'll be the envy of every garbage truck on the block:icon_mrgr

the OEM STi STS is the whole thing, but I'm telling you...only the top part is what's different.

I have a side by side picture of the two units (stock LTS and STi STS) at the Short Shift Install link here:

www.calvars.com/unilat/auto/menu.htm

As PGT said, the only difference is mounting point of the shift shaft onto the shift lever. I like mine.

Warning - I'm not much for web site architecture - all the photos are full size on that page, so it may take awhile to load... (lesson learned) :icon_bigg

My least useful mod was the STi uppipe - no problems with leaks or anything, just no perceivable benefit (or according to the GTech). I wouldn't take it off though...

My least useful mod was the STi uppipe - no problems with leaks or anything, just no perceivable benefit (or according to the GTech). I wouldn't take it off though...

that's a first. I never heard that one before. At the very least you don't have to worry about the pre-cat getting sucked into the turbo & you'll spool quicker. Did you only change the UP?

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Sorry Wes...guess we didn't get it lined up right.

Hey its not for you to be sorry about! You helped me a lot and I appreciate the hard work you put into my car. The alignment is not that big a deal, I'm just not sure if the mod was worth the agrivation we both went through you know. It was still fun working on the cars though!

What do you think about the bushing mod overall?

Hey its not for you to be sorry about! You helped me a lot and I appreciate the hard work you put into my car. The alignment is not that big a deal, I'm just not sure if the mod was worth the agrivation we both went through you know. It was still fun working on the cars though!

What do you think about the bushing mod overall?

I liked how it tightened up the steering. I guess it isn't that noticable, but with added suspension upgrades I imagine it would help things drastically because the response will become quicker with stiffer components. my .02 :)

Crooked steering wheels FTW!

that's a first. I never heard that one before. At the very least you don't have to worry about the pre-cat getting sucked into the turbo & you'll spool quicker. Did you only change the UP?

Just the uppipe - this was back in the day when an uppipe was the only thing going and everyone was talking up the early spool up, extra power, etc. I don't regret doing it - I certainly learned alot, and I have a better platform when I (if) I get the downpipe - there just wasn't a perceivable benefit all by itself.

Just the uppipe - this was back in the day when an uppipe was the only thing going and everyone was talking up the early spool up, extra power, etc. I don't regret doing it - I certainly learned alot, and I have a better platform when I (if) I get the downpipe - there just wasn't a perceivable benefit all by itself.

Really.:icon_conf I'm getting ready to do mine are you MT or AT? Does anyone else feel that way????

If you can afford College, you probably don't need to go.

MT. I've since done some other things that may not have been as successful without the uppipe. No way to know that now - if you consider it a building block to greater things, you'll be fine.

Sorry - back on topic now!

• 3 months later...

Archived