LegacyGT.com

Least favorite modifications?

Lightweight flywheel. You can definitely feel the difference in performance, it's great for driving like you stole it, but terrible for a daily driver.

Going to have to to get on Brian's bandwagon here. Cant wait to replace my LWFW with a wrx single mass.

I don't have an ounce of trouble with my LWFW. I went to the ACT SB5-HDSS clutch as well and will never look back. There's a slight amount of driveability lost but I can hook up and turn all 4 wheels if I get on it hard enough. The chatter you get out of it is so low I don't see how you could even have enough notice of it to think that it's bad. I dunno, just my 2 cents.

Drive something set up perfectly without a lwfw and say the same thing - or even rent a car and go for a drive and say the same thing. You wont or you are in your 20s is my guess. Maybe the setup IS that good but mine certainly is NOT (exedy stg1/exedylwfw). My car is not a DD not because it CANT be driven DD but because its more effort to DD than the more oem vehicles we have.

While im at it - Im not thrilled with the INSANE pedal pressure of the exedy stg 1 clutch. It blows chunks and reminds me of the crazy unsprung puck clutches of my streetracing days 15 years ago.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't have an ounce of trouble with my LWFW. I went to the ACT SB5-HDSS clutch as well and will never look back. There's a slight amount of driveability lost but I can hook up and turn all 4 wheels if I get on it hard enough. The chatter you get out of it is so low I don't see how you could even have enough notice of it to think that it's bad. I dunno, just my 2 cents.

My car shakes, rattles, vibrates and makes a God awful sound with my LWFW below 2,000 RPM. I have a 6MT and use all STI components, so I wonder if that makes a difference from the 5MT.

Mine's probably the DIY grille. I just didn't have the patience to do it all correctly and it looks alright from a distance, but up close you can tell that I half-assed it. I would have rather saved up and gotten an aftermarket one and kept the stock one stock.
It's cool; I'm with the band

My car shakes, rattles, vibrates and makes a God awful sound with my LWFW below 2,000 RPM. I have a 6MT and use all STI components, so I wonder if that makes a difference from the 5MT.

My 5MT does the same thing. It's annoying having to drive a gear lower all the time. I kind of feel like a frat boy on a 600 sportbike (except that they ride three gears too low at all times and need to have really loud pipes). Plus every time the wife drives my car, shifts too soon and causes the car to shake, rattle and vibrate, she gives me this look: (at 1:12 in the video)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wRXa971Xw0&feature=related]YouTube - How To Avoid Talking To People You Don't Want To Talk To[/ame]

• 6 months later...
Poly shifter bushing. Made my car hard to shift and made my tranny hum. The worst mod so far and I took it off the next day.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

It helps when you grease it

It wasn't that. I think the bushing was too stiff and forced the Kart boy short throw shifter out of alingment. The softer stock bushing also reduced the NHV.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

• I Donated

My least favorite mod is the scratches on my back bumper from a kickstand when I was carrying a bike on a trunk rack. :(

Next least favorite mod is either my DP (I cheaped out and went catless and am starting to regret it) or my FMIC (although I have reduced lag since changing my tune to compensate for the rich dip).

Favorite mod is my Gaugetek Vent Boost Gauge, followed by a tie between the BNR Evo 16G, the Koni Yellows, and my new Hankook Ventus V12 Evo tires. :wub:

wow - back from the dead thread. For me, it was hogzaust (Sorry Hogmeat).

Really i think it is awesome the sound is incredible, hell this pass week I have had like 6 people ask me did the car come stock with an aftermarket exhaust lol. But guess its not for everyones taste.

Most definitely blacking out the headlights. Reason #1 - Condensation 3 times!! (partially my fault) #2 - Baking the headlights caused them to oxidize. Its only an '09. #3 - Taking off the bumper is shitty, especially after the 4th time...

I love the way they look, but its totally not worth it, and i wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

I'm with Bob. I think the silencer removal was the least favorite mod. It just made the car annoying.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I didnt have time to read and see who else may have stated this as their least favorite but...

I must say mine is the Perrin TMIC. Along with the VF52 at 20 psi I cannot, for the past year, fix the constant alternating boost leaks at each end of the intercooler. Should have saved up for a front mount, or at least a Process West.

Archived