LegacyGT.com

Least favorite modifications?

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Solid UP FTL. Ignored all the warnings and have fixed UP leaks twice and it's leaking again. Mine is Crucial, but I don't think it matters - solid = bad. I'm switching to MR headers w/integrated flex UP. I am staying with copper gaskets though - bought a new set to install the headers with - I think the UP is to blame, not the gaskets. Perhaps some people just have better luck.

I'm not too terribly happy with my Apexcone (Xtec) 4500k HIDs either...they are bright but there is so much foreground fill I think my distance vision has actually decreased...kinda like driving with your fogs on all the time. Twisties will be great and there's plenty of that around here, but intestate driving probably took a hit.

FM modulator hardwire (Metra antenna adapters) was a total bust - still sounded like crap, but that much should be obvious considering who's posting... :D

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

Solid UP FTL. Ignored all the warnings and have fixed UP leaks twice and it's leaking again. Mine is Crucial, but I don't think it matters - solid = bad. I'm switching to MR headers w/integrated flex UP. I am staying with copper gaskets though - bought a new set to install the headers with - I think the UP is to blame, not the gaskets. Perhaps some people just have better luck.

I would say without hesitation its the gaskets. Get OEM ones!!1

I don't think so - tons of people w/OEM gaskets report the same problem. I have all copper gaskets and the only one that keeps leaking is the UP to manifold. I'm solving the problem by getting rid of the joint entirely. A two bolt flange is simply a poor design choice for that joint...it really needs to be a 3-bolt triangular pattern to prevent it from rocking and forming a leak under vibration/movement.
[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

techna-fit brake lines.. Sure pedal feel is a little bit better, but the retainer rings don't fit tightly (stock ones have pressure clips on them), and now it's caused one of the hard line clamps on the right side to become squeaky, which is proving difficult to remedy. Would have gone with a different brand if I had to do it again.

Perrin full length CAI on my FXT. I liked the turbo and BPV sound, but I was always nervous that I was going to suck up water with the filter so low (behind the passenger side foglight).

My FXT came with the STI STS and it was rubbish. It was very rubbery and I would always hit the notches between gears when shifting.

I'm not too terribly happy with my Apexcone (Xtec) 4500k HIDs either...they are bright but there is so much foreground fill I think my distance vision has actually decreased...kinda like driving with your fogs on all the time. Twisties will be great and there's plenty of that around here, but intestate driving probably took a hit.

when you doing the Megan? having UP issues myself will you let us know how the Megan works out when done? btw you loved the HID's in another thread what happened? bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

when you doing the Megan? having UP issues myself will you let us know how the Megan works out when done? btw you loved the HID's in another thread what happened? bosco
Sure thing. I'm installing the headers as soon as I get my new turbo from TDC. And I think you misunderstood my comment - I said I loved the fill and contrast from the PIAA Crystal Ion fogs, not the HIDs.
200 miles wit han invidia up with no flex and stock gaskets and no problems,

<----knocks on wood

It took a few thousand miles for mine to leak both times...good luck.

AEM 3" Dry Filter - Perrin 2.75" filter pulled higher g/s

Fireball Ceramic Coat - had to do it twice before he got it right

My Audio Install - should have used vampire taps instead of splicing into the stock harnes

Custom CBE - Paid the same amount as a used one would but without the quality welds. Atleast I have the ability to swap the stock mufflers back on

Partial bra - should have gotten the full bra

Rota Tarmac II 17" Gold - i hate cleaning them so I am selling them (want to get 5zigen 5ZRs or lookalikes in 18")

Kuhmo 712 - for the price up in Canada, could have gotten Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3 EMT or BFGoodrich g-Force™ T/A® KDW

I hated cleaning my tarmac II on my WRX.:lol: PITA Don't forget the review section I just added about 6 reviews.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Mmmph I just ordered a Perrin big MAF. I was reading good things about it until I saw this thread. Could this just be a pattern of complaints for people who didn't like it whereas plenty others DID like it? Gotta remember what thread you're in here heh...

I don't mind the added noise of this filter, and if I'm not mistaken a Perrin BOV replacement is adjustable if the BOV is too loud after installation, I might get that. But I have music playing (loud) whenever I'm in the car--I doubt it will be as annoying to me as to others.

I hated cleaning my tarmac II on my WRX.:lol: PITA Don't forget the review section I just added about 6 reviews.

And I just got Tarmac3's... I knew when I hit that checkout button the cleaning I was getting into with a 10 spoker.. lol I'll just have to stay on top of it on the weekends :)

• 2 months later...

Archived