LegacyGT.com

Least favorite modifications?

My least favorite mod? My melted turbo housing melted by installer with a blow torch trying to get out a stripped stud? Or the $4,500 worth of front end damage when I rearended a nice ole truck when my attention drifted. And the winner is...the melted turbo (since it wasn't covered by insurance)!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mine is the Perrin inlet hose. It was the biggest PITA ever to put in and being Perrin of course didn't fix correctly and it didn't do sh1t on the butt dyno.

And I was going to have this intalled this week along with the PERRIN MAF...

Anyone else hating or loving this item?

http://www.perrinperformance.com/products/legacy/inlet_hose.htm

And I was going to have this intalled this week along with the PERRIN MAF...

Anyone else hating or loving this item?

http://www.perrinperformance.com/products/legacy/inlet_hose.htm

This might give you an idea to what kind of PITA you are heading for :lol::lol:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47584

Also dont forget to get a tune with the MAF :icon_wink

^ I was just making the point that there significant gains for under a grand beyond STGII. Not that I have either meth or an upgraded turbo.

Hell you could get a protune instead of running a stock map and that would be a nice gain after STG II for way less than $1K... You could be getting into "silly problem area" here though. I'll stay with a conservative tune.

Aside from Stage I and II, there are very few performance mods that make a discernable difference for less than a grand or two at a time. Going for 1 hp here and 5 there is just asking for silly problems.

Performance doesn't have to mean engine/exhaust. Plenty of worthwhile performance mods to be had for under $1K, i.e. sways, springs, tires, pads...

ignore him, he'll go away.

Performance doesn't have to mean engine/exhaust. Plenty of worthwhile performance mods to be had for under $1K, i.e. sways, springs, tires, pads...

how about high performance audio equitment? bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

Don't even get me started:lol: I had all that work done before I touched anything under the hood. Priorities...

not trying to get you going but a mod is a mod just thought audio should be counted b/c i'm sure even the audiophiles do mods they don't like. :icon_bigg bosco

Stay Stock Stay Happy

not trying to get you going but a mod is a mod just thought audio should be counted b/c i'm sure even the audiophiles do mods they don't like. :icon_bigg bosco

On that note, not in this car but in the last I had custom kick pods that left much less foot room. Passengers always stepped on my speakers and it made long trips less comfortable. It sounded great, but I would never do that again... I took a lot of satisfaction out of ripping those bastards out when I was demodding the car.

• 1 month later...
+1 again for the Typhoon....The woosh piish still makes me giggly, but I'm fairly certain it is the catalyst for the jitterbug my car does under acceleration from time to time.

I tell myself that an N/A Forester is just an STI without all the fluff like, power, handling, style, racing heritage, and curb appeal.

Archived