LegacyGT.com

Least favorite modifications?

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of those short RAM air intake kits. :icon_mad: worst mod I ever invested in. No real gain worth barking about, just alot of noise. It reminded me to much of all the "Rice" rockets that I hear accelerating to get on the freeway. Plus I soon realized that I couldn't pass smog with it on. I ended up changing it back to stock like a week later. :lol:

Grounding mod. But it was cheap, so no big.

Did it do anything at all for you?? I've always wondered about that mod.

- Manny

:munch:

#1. STI engine mounts, vibration on low gears like riding on heavly beaten old mounts, #2. STI pitch stop mount, can't feel (tell) any difference, #3. K&N Typhoon intake, it ruined my MAF sensor and gave me CEL, #4. SOA dealer installed spoiler, lip spoiler looks much better.

K&N drop-in filter, oil sux FTL. Also, when I test drove the car, it was "wingless", as part of "negotiations" the sales mngr. "threw-in" the wing for deal sealer.:icon_frow
Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

AutoMeter NEXUS gauges - I think that despite my worries on returns, I should have gone with the linked DEFIs, especially seeing as how awesome Vendors here such as PDXT were so eager to please and handled my return on a defective TXS knock/shift-light so easily and painlessly.

:)

Lesson learned!

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I'd agree. I wasn't happy with it and took it out and replaced with a Cobb unit. Much better and half the price.

I've been wondering the same thing. My specB came with the STi STS, but I've noticed that it's quite notchy when shifting.

Is the Cobb STS that much of an improvement? Not as much notchiness? Same or shorter throws?

cruicial UP. That thing just would never stop leaking. The copper gaskets fell apart in a week & even with OEM gaskets it still leaked 2 more times. Replaced it with an STI up & couldn't be happier. "L7" or "LL" badges (whatever you wanna call them). I thought they'd be cool, something different. After waiting an hour in a NYC parking garage b/c they couldn't find my car I peeled them off & went back to the stars. Now I think they just look stupid.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

I've been wondering the same thing. My specB came with the STi STS, but I've noticed that it's quite notchy when shifting.

Is the Cobb STS that much of an improvement? Not as much notchiness? Same or shorter throws?

I did the Cobb, side and rear bushings, plus an STi transmission mount all at the same time (for the same money as the STi STS to be honest). This combo....Cobb shifter, hardened bushings and STi mount > STi STS in all ways...smoothness, throw, shifter length. :icon_mrgr

dang' date=' crucial huh? haven't heard too many complaints on their up pipe.[/quote']

I took it down to precision tuning in NJ to have it installed & they told me they'll never use another copper gasket again. Too many have disintigrated on people. They also told me they've had more than a few people come in with crucial uppipes that were a few degrees off & wouldn't fit for shit. I'm happy with my crucial downpipe but I was very unhappy with the UP & the gaskets

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Archived