LegacyGT.com

Another OEM NAVI Features Hack Thread - Progress and Documents

SubLo

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yea, when I was taking a road trip, I had my Wii in the trunk. We almost plugged it in, but last thing I need is a WiiMote flying by my head from a backhand while I drive.

Ha! I actually thought about plugging mine in too but thought it might be a little off as the sensor bar would be bigger than the screen!

Just for fun i played around with the input in the back. Some pretty cool possibilities :lol:

http://imageserver1.textamerica.com/user.images.x/75/IMG_396675/_0603/T520070603133559149.jpg

ok...N64 check

Laptop check

Nintendo WII check

2007 Subaru Spec B check

Brand new navigation unit half ripped out of the console....

PRICELESS.....

• 3 weeks later...
ok...N64 check

Laptop check

Nintendo WII check

2007 Subaru Spec B check

Brand new navigation unit half ripped out of the console....

PRICELESS.....

:lol:

Thanks for the leg work on all who have done mods. My only question is some info on how the wiring was run from the trunk to the nav unit? Maybe unidentified84 could enlighten? Thanks!

Also, if anyone finds a smaller camera, then I might go forward with this mod in the very near future! But for now, the cameras are just too damn big for my taste.

Thanks for the leg work on all who have done mods. My only question is some info on how the wiring was run from the trunk to the nav unit? Maybe unidentified84 could enlighten? Thanks!

Also, if anyone finds a smaller camera, then I might go forward with this mod in the very near future! But for now, the cameras are just too damn big for my taste.

:whore:

The Lexus RX330 has a very small and unobtrusive rear-view camera. Maybe it's possible to find it and use it with our systems.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

Does anyone have the new European DVD? I have V 2.0 for the US, and would like to compare the loading.kwi files. The "not changing data while in motion" is miserable. (I was stuck in traffic yesterday going about 5mph, and couldn't change my destination! It took me 20 minutes to enter in "Home Depot"!)

Have the Euro Legacies with Nav been confirmed to have the passenger bypass for nav lockout?

I thought it was just a speculation.

If true we need to definetly hunt down a set. Probably the cleanest way to get nav working while moving.

:whore:

The Lexus RX330 has a very small and unobtrusive rear-view camera. Maybe it's possible to find it and use it with our systems.

Yea i already looked into that....cost of a lexus backup cam from lexus a cool $990 bones.....any takers?!?!

Have the Euro Legacies with Nav been confirmed to have the passenger bypass for nav lockout?

I thought it was just a speculation.

If true we need to definetly hunt down a set. Probably the cleanest way to get nav working while moving.

I don't know if you've seen this thread:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63678

Very simple hack that frees up the nav while in motion. Works great!

Vinnie,

Thanks for the link...checking it out now...

Also, it feels like i've been waiting for years.....

Anyone find a solution to change the gauges in the Factory Nav?

I mean how hard could it be...instead of fuel average and current fuel economy why not boost or oild pressure....come on!

I put the camera input box (module) underneath my centre console and powered it from the 12V in the cubby hole. It works well.

As for the camera to the nav unit I had to use a coat hanger to fish the wire underneath the rear seat and carpet to the centre console. I did not have to go to the nav unit (I already ran my video input from the nav unit to the centre console). It was tough, but I got it inside.

• 1 month later...

has anyone seen the 2008 Tribeca backup cam?

2008 Tribeca

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/tribeca08backupcamera1a.JPG

2007 Tribeca

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/tribeca07camera2.JPG

When you guys get the backup camera to work, do you get these lines and the warning message?

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/tribeca07cameraview1.JPG

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/tribeca07cameraview2.JPG

I do not and I am pretty sure u used the camera from the 08 I can get the model number but if u remember it is something like kenwooc dv200 or 2000. Let me know if you want me to find out for sure. I think those lines are static where on infinity systems they move ANC help with parking. I think these are just to help with depth perception which does take a little getting used to. I aimed the camera to show a small part of my bumper to help.

Dj did you use your video input I'd the 4 prong miles style plug to hook your camera up? If you used the input how do you view the camera output? Info button or does it still come on automatically when in reverse.

TIA,

Anthony

When you guys get the backup camera to work, do you get these lines and the warning message?
I believe they're injected into the video signal by a separate box, called the "Rearview Camera Unit" in the attached diagram. The Tribeca's rearview system looks pretty complicated.

BackupCam.png.c301cb9dffd00a64949fe8a8a767e1cb.png

mine is set up that way without any of those lines and warnings that is simply the rearview camera brain. Possibly a relay of some sort but definately sends no info
Unless you have a Tribeca with the rearview camera wired in at the factory, your setup isn't even remotely similar to the one depicted in the wiring diagram.

• 2 weeks later...

i was out of country for the summer so sorry for the late reply.. :p

anyways..

i put the wire thru c-pillar (u can remove the interior trim on the c-pillar and u'll have tiny but enough space to put couple wires thru), thru roof and down a-pillar..

all i had to remove was the c-pillar trim.. u just squeeze in the wire thru gaps between trims all the way to the front..

i think its just about as clean as it can get, i cant see even a trace of any wires..

also, i did it on the passenger side, and i had real easy access to nav thru behind glove box.. :)

Ok since no rsponse to my last one i got another question. Who hear has an 07 or 08 NAV DVD? Anyone willing to burn it? Im willing to shell out some cash but i refuse to pay the retail amount for it....PM me.

Not appropriate my friend. Kind of illegal, ja know? Use teh Google. Search for the 2.0 torrent.

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

Ok since no rsponse to my last one i got another question. Who hear has an 07 or 08 NAV DVD? Anyone willing to burn it? Im willing to shell out some cash but i refuse to pay the retail amount for it....PM me.

So... you want the rest of us to compensate the developers for the update and make up the money you're not man/woman enough to spend? Get lost, parasite.

It won't work, tried on it a Acrua once (as a backup) the dvd-rom in the NAV box is not setup to read burned disk like the Xbox 360 you would first have to hack the chip.

Archived