LegacyGT.com

Another OEM NAVI Features Hack Thread - Progress and Documents

SubLo

So, if I understand this correctly, when one has more than one Input source going into the screen (DVD player, back-up camera, etc) pressing the Info button will shuffle through the sources?
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"So, if I understand this correctly, when one has more than one Input source

going into the screen (DVD player, back-up camera, etc) pressing the Info

button will shuffle through the sources?"

There are 3 potential video inputs going into the dashboard monitor.

1. SAT NAV Video.

2. Backup Camera Video.

3. Aux. Video.

Putting the transmission into reverse selects #2. When #2 has not been

selected the INFO button selects between #1 and #3.

It is not difficult to connect a backup camera so that it is automatically

powered on when the transmission is put into reverse or when a switch

is toggled. Alternatively, the backup camera could be on whenever the

ignition switch is on so no additional power switching would be required.

It is also necessary to switch the video output of the backup camera to

either the backup camera input or Aux. input on the dashboard mounted

display. This backup camera video switching is required because it can

not drive 2 video input loads in parallel (the video inputs and outputs are

terminated with 75 Ohms to minimize transmission line reflections).

An alternative to the backup camera video output switching would be to

install a 2 output video distribution amplifier to the backup camera output.

The distribution amplifier can drive the 2 video inputs on the dashboard

mounted display and it would need to be powered whenever the camera

is powered.

I am in the process of adding a backup camera to my 2008 Outback so that

it works with both the Backup and Aux. inputs on the dashboard monitor. I

am about 2 weeks away from having the time to complete this modification.

im willing to pay

:lol: MAKE THE MAN PAY!!

in all seriousness, I'm still very interested in doing this as well....just too damn cold to take a gander at the car right now and try to figure it out!

I still like the idea mentioned about the ability to have it in camera mode while in forward motion. But, like most others, I want everything....I still would like it to kick in when I throw it into reverse.

Maybe if the camera power is somehow tied into the Reverse Switch wire on the tranny (to act as an override) so that no matter if I have the camera chosen for viewing in forward motion or not, it will come into use when Reverse is selected.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

:lol: MAKE THE MAN PAY!!

in all seriousness, I'm still very interested in doing this as well....just too damn cold to take a gander at the car right now and try to figure it out!

I still like the idea mentioned about the ability to have it in camera mode while in forward motion. But, like most others, I want everything....I still would like it to kick in when I throw it into reverse.

Maybe if the camera power is somehow tied into the Reverse Switch wire on the tranny (to act as an override) so that no matter if I have the camera chosen for viewing in forward motion or not, it will come into use when Reverse is selected.

well u have a spec b. ur of no help to me lol......u can do anythign u want....i am a pro a/v engineer by trade and i could help you accomplish what ur talking about...i live in fl too so its not cold here lol....but i still need help on my problem....subaru was not willing to look it up for me....kinda urked me....they claimed they dont have that kinda info....i cant see that being true....when i had my previosu vehicle i owned the dealership service manual and it had a seperated book for electrical and it covered everything....EVERYTHING!

You got the camera setup from the a Tribeca f85stealth?

I'm interested in seeing someone getting this done on a OEM NAV equipped LGT. I was throwing around the idea of doing this but my money went to get a STI lip.

You got the camera setup from the a Tribeca f85stealth?

I'm interested in seeing someone getting this done on a OEM NAV equipped LGT. I was throwing around the idea of doing this but my money went to get a STI lip.

yea i got the camera already and ran the proper wires all i need to do is get the proper pin out for the camera and i should be good to go....but it seems like i cant find much help and i dont wanna just hook up wires being afraid i may damage the camera

Are the 06 tribeca's equiped with the same navi as the 07's? I have an 06 tri with Navi but no rear view camera. :(

Wll i know the 08 has a sifferent style camera but maybe it comes prewired for it because at least the Tribeca has the option of the rearview camera while the Leggy has not. Can you check to see if there might be a wire there.....pleaseeeeeeee......................I only need to knwo what pin is hot (12V)after that I should be able to figure it all out........

Heh, if anyone ever figures this out, that'd be cool. I have the same camera and the control unit, but sure as hell can't figure out how the camera plugs into the control unit nor how the control unit get to the nav unit.

I'm no electrical engineer, so that diagram doesn't help me much. But I could post up some close ups of the various connectors for the camera, control unit and nav. However, I probably won't be able to get those until next weekend, 'cause I'm headed snowboarding after work today...

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Heh, if anyone ever figures this out, that'd be cool. I have the same camera and the control unit, but sure as hell can't figure out how the camera plugs into the control unit nor how the control unit get to the nav unit.

I'm no electrical engineer, so that diagram doesn't help me much. But I could post up some close ups of the various connectors for the camera, control unit and nav. However, I probably won't be able to get those until next weekend, 'cause I'm headed snowboarding after work today...

See i didnt know there was a control unit (dealer keeps telling me you order the camera and it comes with the cable to plug in the NAV unit im like uhhhh nooo that part number is just for the camera and the 3 inch cable with a connector, Im trying to find the pinout of the connector to wire it up since they obviously wont sell me the cable)....Does someone have a pic of the actual control unit and maybe an oem part number. Im an electrical engineer by trade I can figure this out with some help....

Archived