LegacyGT.com

Another OEM NAVI Features Hack Thread - Progress and Documents

SubLo

;882400']The fact that a Garmin TMC receiver works with your aftermarket Kenwood nav system (built on a Garmin engine) is .

Errrp, yep, forgot all about that little tidbit. I got caught-up in the talk about traffic data and forgot the basics.:lol:

ignore him, he'll go away.

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TMC is radio based, the TMC320 is the only tmc device that works with the kna-dv3200 so that is what I am going to try and see what happens. I bought it so cheap i am not out really anything so I will try and let everyone know what happens if it works with the OEM Nav, as well as if it does connect, will it receive RDS signals.

I don't expect success, but thanks for trying. There are no free RDS-TMC feeds in the US. And Step 8 of the install instructions for the KNA-TM320 at http://kenwood.nl.nt.ims.hr/languages/NL/support/manuals/KNA-TM320%20%28EN,FR,GE,DU,IT,SP%29.pdf specify: "Remove the Map disc out of the navigation unit and insert the Map disc which is provided in the package." Given that the KNA-TM320 isn't sold in the US, I wish you luck.

My question is about basic use of navigation system. Last weekend, I drove from Idaho to Utah and those two states are in different regions, which of course required me to change regions/search areas. In my not so humble opinion, this is a weird requirement in the Kenwood OS since it should be able to detect what state I am in and go from there.

Am I missing something in the setup or the Kenwood manual found at this website: http://kenwood.nl.nt.ims.hr/languages/EN/support/manuals/KNA-DV3200_ENG.pdf.

Thanks for any guidance on this one. I am interested in some of the other more technical posts on this thread and am amazed at the technical expertise displayed in making the changes to get a camera working, etc.

In the 2007 Tribeca, the rear view camera is a factory-installed option. I could never figure out why a dealer couldn't install the camera (assuming pre-wiring). Seems like all you need is to tap the backup lights for power to the camera and supply a well-grounded shield for the video signal. And then I found the wiring diagram for Tribeca's rear view camera. :icon_conf

RearViewCameraWire.jpg.a583054042596c5279f3e2639fd09364.jpg

here are the pics and some more info. the wire that needs to be cut for the nav functions to unlock is green/black at the dvd drive under the driver's seat. on the road test this is how it worked.

-when you break the conn. the frozen icons will light up

-the arrow will stop moving on the screen

-@ 10 sec. after you breck the conn. the sat. picks up your location and the arrow will start to move again, but its choppy

-@ 20 sec. after you break the conn. the icons will freeze again, its figured out your still moving and locks you out.

-breaking the conn. again will bring them back

-it does'nt lock you out if your in the middle of entering a destination

this seems to work okay, not flawless but better than nothing. leaving the ant. plugged in does seem to help it repostion you quicker after it loses you.

hope the pictures help with the video input and e-brake lock out

[ATTACH]19524[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]19525[/ATTACH]

Did anyone try the Mic or remote mentioned in the manual and the other thread?

And just how does the Navi system get audio to the speakers? Has anyone looked at that in regard to adding an aux audio input?

The nav audio goes directly to the front speakers, bypassing the head unit.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

how about displaying radio (like.. mp3 CD tags) info thru nav screen .. ??

that would be KOOL.. :)

got this idea when i hooked up my ipod video to nav screen + jazzy's aux-in..

it's awesome to be able to scroll thru songs while viewing them on the nav screen..

woud be nice if worked with mp3 CDs too..

in the IS350, u can actually choose songs by pressing on the nav screen.. i dont expect to be able to do that with spec-B tho.. :(

• 4 weeks later...

OK...happy new year!

Still want to see BOOST and OIL Pressure in the NAV screen.

Any luck yet?

The other major pain is having the thing lock down when in motion. What about passengers trying to input your next destination...HONDA works fine.

I don't like the hack about cutting wires to the satellite to fool the thing...there has to be a backdoor to control this thing...any help from subaru employees?

see if you can get your fingers in there, and if your car is cold, I would suggest warming it up to make sure everything is nice and toasty inside, it will be harder to break the panel.

just try and stick your fingers in the vent with both hands and pull evenly towards the rear of the car, sometimes grabbing below the nav buttons help.(but be careful as it is not as sturdy)

It is kind of tight on there, but once you pop it off it won't be hard to do again.

Good Luck

Do the vents come out with the bezel?

They are separate piece, but as stated above, they will come out together. There are four tabs that hold the bezel in place, two on the top and bottom about an inch in from each side.

ignore him, he'll go away.

man i want to do this so bad but im too gutless to remove the trim around the screen... how do you guys pull yours out I could use a tip so I dont break mine

i just use one of my old CDs and squeeze that in between the trim around the screen and dash.. start from one side and just work ur way around it.. that way u won't get any scratches.. :)

Archived