LegacyGT.com

Another OEM NAVI Features Hack Thread - Progress and Documents

SubLo

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey everyone...why are we taking the navigation trim off?

I think I got lost in all the posts.....

please explain....

thanks

To remove the Touch Screen, and install a laser guided missle system by soldiering 1 wire.

i just use one of my old CDs and squeeze that in between the trim around the screen and dash.. start from one side and just work ur way around it.. that way u won't get any scratches.. :)

that sounds like a great idea ill try it out tommorow! Thanks

Joe

thanks for the tips guys... I got it open today and hooked up my portable dvd player... WORKS AWESOME! It stowes perfectly under the pas. seat, is easy to pop in and out to change disks.. and is easy to remove incase I need it on a plane or something... ohh and the remote works from the drivers seat :wub:

enjoy the new pics :icon_bigg

http://rides.webshots.com/album/557032206GRmegD

Sweet, looks good, I trust you had no problems installing it, curious did you end up going disconnecting the wire or leaving it be and only use it when parked?

No problems what so ever thanks to your directions! :lol:

I did ground out the wire so "passengers" can watch while in motion :icon_mrgr

• 2 weeks later...
Ok well im finally ready to mod the navi and i knwo its been discussed a million times before but im havin a hard time diggin thru all the back pages of the posts. I am getting a backup cam. What pins do i need to wire to and whats the molex part #? Next is im going to hook up a dvd player to it if i remember correctly i need to cut the green and black wire from the nav dvd to have the movies play without the ebrake being on? and i have to press the menu button twice for the picture to show?

Ok well im finally ready to mod the navi and i knwo its been discussed a million times before but im havin a hard time diggin thru all the back pages of the posts. I am getting a backup cam. What pins do i need to wire to and whats the molex part #?
That's all in this thread. Try reading it.

Just tell me what code to punch in so I can enter destinations while moving... oh and I want to see oil pressure, temp, and boost instead of the three other gauges....the subaru people have to know we would all want this....why are they waiting so long to put out the software "upgrade" they would sell a ton! And we would all pay like 1,000 for it!

Just tell me what code to punch in so I can enter destinations while moving... oh and I want to see oil pressure, temp, and boost instead of the three other gauges....the subaru people have to know we would all want this....why are they waiting so long to put out the software "upgrade" they would sell a ton! And we would all pay like 1,000 for it!

PAY!?! LMAO it should be free.... what year is your car and what year is the software????

ok, well from the wire dia. you see that the system only hooks in to a few inputs; reverse, parking, ignition, car speed and acc (acc is just a TPS) any way, i find it unlikely, because it dose not hook to boost egt etc, that we will be able to display such things in the stock info screen. so how can we make this happen? well there are a few gauge display systems out there, one that i have a huge amount of experience. the HKS CAMP system, sadly it has been discontinued. but luckily i still have one and all the sensor + more. if you woudl like to check out some good in on the CAMP look at my site. http://sam.thuot.googlepages.com/hkscampinfo (yes i know it is incomplete) so we can hook this display system in to the input on the back of the unit and display all the stuff we want. i think we can figure out how to bypass most of the security lockouts, has any one tried all those codes that were posted on page 5? if so what was the outcome? funny i had been looking for stuff on the Subaru NAV over at NASIOC and found nothing, this thread is excellent!! good info guys!! if we all put our heads together i am sure we can get this system to do what ever we want for us.

I see that you are all still working on this anti nag stuff. Before i got the GT i was looking at acura TLs and they figured out how to do it. They were able to custom load screens and wallpapers and some other stuff. Here is a link to the thread where they have the basic walkthough. Maybe it will give someone an idea here.

http://tl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145426&highlight=NAVI+hack

:dm: 2007 DGM LGT :dm:

:icon_twis 2003 Suzuki SV650S :icon_twis

• 2 weeks later...

Subscribe!

I'm likely getting a Spec.B & really want to figure out how to use the nagivation system while moving!

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I got a question guys i hooked up the dvd player and i want the video to work while driving and i see someoen posted that u can cut a wire and ground it on the back of the nav...well where does that wire go to i would like to cut it somewhere other the the back of the nav because i cant seem to get it out. i broke the a/c trim trying to and i plugged in the composite video by pullin the radio out and snaggin my hand up in there. also 2 more questions one what the hell is the cd for in the user manual titled 2006 touich screen navigation dvd "subaru" i pt the cd in the factory dvd thing and it just says this is not a navigation dvd? last question what in the hell does the text button do on the radio? i ever got my cd text or radio text or anythign to work on the factory radio.?

I got a question guys i hooked up the dvd player and i want the video to work while driving and i see someoen posted that u can cut a wire and ground it on the back of the nav...well where does that wire go to i would like to cut it somewhere other the the back of the nav because i cant seem to get it out. i broke the a/c trim trying to and i plugged in the composite video by pullin the radio out and snaggin my hand up in there. also 2 more questions one what the hell is the cd for in the user manual titled 2006 touich screen navigation dvd "subaru" i pt the cd in the factory dvd thing and it just says this is not a navigation dvd? last question what in the hell does the text button do on the radio? i ever got my cd text or radio text or anythign to work on the factory radio.?

I cannot speak to the first part of your thread but the DVD that you have titled 2006 touch screen navigation dvd "subaru" is a dvd of instructions on how to use the system. It does not work in the factory subaru dvd because that dvd player will not actualy play dvds. (The same reason you have to hook up an actual dvd player to the car to play movies. If you try it in another DVD player you will see it is just a video manual.

As far as the text button on the radio... I assume it is used to read MP3 player information about song title but either I have not used it yet or it doesn't actually work.. I'm not sure.... I would be interested to know that one too... I think a few of my CDs have mp3 files but I still don't remember the text button ever doing anything...

Hi guys from a new MY07 owner in Australia.

Firstly apologies that my first post here is asking for help. I've been reading the forums for a few months now while awaiting delivery of my new MY '07 3.0R but have not had much to post about.

Now, to my current issue...

When I conntect my video camera (a PAL Sony hanydam) to the RCA or alternatively to the two pins (Vin and Vgnd) on the 4-pin molex at the back of the Nav unit, it displays an unstable image (see picture below). I have grounded the video-ground line to the car. Is there some form of sync line? or special trick...or is the video camera simply not outputting a suitable signal for the nav unit (ie. PAL when it is expecting NTSC)?

Naturally the video works fine on a PAL tv.

I recall seeing a post re. this on a forum, but after a day of searching and googling I can not locate it or any related help. It's clearly not syncing...but I do not know why.

Once I get this sorted, I'll need to go looking for a 16:9 reversing camera...preferably low light CCD, not CMOS.

Thanks for your help.

Andrew

PS. I just LOVE this car!

1625934210_webfrontright.jpg.21799fb1057854ce7db87a8f0c2adec1.jpg

1625781251_syncproblem.jpg.14d23a4cd5ab97c8ec6fac3d2ad27118.jpg

Archived