LegacyGT.com

Another OEM NAVI Features Hack Thread - Progress and Documents

SubLo

Hi alpha. No, I do not have easy access to NTSC (we are PAL here in Aus.)...but I would have thought that the Kenwood would be multi-input (PAL?NTSC)...but I'll try and find an NTSC source and give it a go.

Unidentified, not sure what you mean...DC power...the camcorder I userd is not pugged in to AC (ie. battery ie.DC)...could you expand on this suggestion please?

Anyone else?

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
;897779'].

Originally Posted by #072 http://legacygt.com/forums/skynetim/buttons/viewpost.gif

here are the pics and some more info. the wire that needs to be cut for the nav functions to unlock is green/black at the dvd drive under the driver's seat. on the road test this is how it worked.

-when you break the conn. the frozen icons will light up

-the arrow will stop moving on the screen

-@ 10 sec. after you breck the conn. the sat. picks up your location and the arrow will start to move again, but its choppy

-@ 20 sec. after you break the conn. the icons will freeze again, its figured out your still moving and locks you out.

-breaking the conn. again will bring them back

-it does'nt lock you out if your in the middle of entering a destination

this seems to work okay, not flawless but better than nothing. leaving the ant. plugged in does seem to help it repostion you quicker after it loses you.

hope the pictures help with the video input and e-brake lock out

Attachment 19524

Attachment 19525

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything above that lines is what I was trying to quote.

So does this mean that we can use the navigation while sitting in the car? Also does this process have to be done every time we get in the car?

What connection needs to be broke and does breaking mean unpluging or cutting?

TIA,

Anthony

If anyone understands how to follow the instrutions I quoted above or ahs done them please answer these questions for me.

Do you have to cut this wire and put it back together every time you drive the car?

The part about breaking the connection again throws me off. Do we cut the wire the reconnect it at some point and then break it again?

Does this make access to all navigation features permanent after you complete the process once or does it have to be done every time you start the car?

Also does everything function work as it did before the wire was originally cut after the first minute when it relocates itself etc..?

Unidentified, not sure what you mean...DC power...the camcorder I userd is not pugged in to AC (ie. battery ie.DC)...could you expand on this suggestion please?

well.. i was getting broken images on my screen too when i was installing rear view camera.. i first wanted to make sure the camera worked fine so i hooked it up to my car nav and wall outlet for power..

i suspected it was the camera, but when i tried it on my TV it worked fine.. so then i suspected it was the power.. my rear view camera needed a DC powersource and i had it connected to AC power all the while..

the instructions that came with my rear view camera said to get power from reverse lights, which runs 12V DC current, and i gave that a try.. and VIOLLA~ it was screen became crystal clear..

hm.. i dont know.. so i guess u could try finding 12V DC line from ur car and tap it.. ? i guess that helped.. feel free to ask me more if i was unclear on anything..

thanks~

If anyone understands how to follow the instrutions I quoted above or ahs done them please answer these questions for me.

Do you have to cut this wire and put it back together every time you drive the car?

The part about breaking the connection again throws me off. Do we cut the wire the reconnect it at some point and then break it again?

Does this make access to all navigation features permanent after you complete the process once or does it have to be done every time you start the car?

Also does everything function work as it did before the wire was originally cut after the first minute when it relocates itself etc..?

Breaking the wire = putting a switch could be ON = wire connected, and OFF = wire disconnected,

ON = update where you are

OFF = input while driving.

as far as trying this for myself I have not. but thats how i understand it.

alphabit.. Thanks. Now it makes sense

unidentified..... which camera did you go with? Also have any links or pictures of it? also thanks again for the ipod help. Is the sound quality out of it as good as the factory sound system can put out? I am getting ready to search for freddie froggy or who evers aux connection u told me about..thanks again

• 3 weeks later...

So I did it I connected my iPod video to the Aux-In connector and a camera to the 4-pin connector. And it works Great!!!!

I still have to buy a backup camera but I tested it with my camcorder and it worked great as soon as you threw it in reverse.

I used some pins (females) and crimped them around the male pins in the 4-pin connector.

My only issue is I could not figure out how to run them into the centre console so I "popped" off the "Aux-In" box in my armest cubby (in the 07 spec b) and ran then threw there - maybe I can figure out a way of doing that later.

Also, the CD's around the NAV trim worked great!

I also grounded the grayish-bluish wire, but I swear the wire colours where different, or at least in different pins than the picture that show what wire to cut.

Which path is the easist to rtake to run the video cable for the backup camera from the front to the back of the car?

regards,

DJ Sauce

where did you get the 4 pin connector?

TIA,

Anthony

EDIT Just read your poat better and realized you did not use a 4 pin connector.

Which camera did you use and any links or pics to it would be great. Also has anyone seen the tribeca camera I imagine it probably wouldnt look good with our cars but I can not find a picture to verify this.

www.kenwood.com

camera is the CCD-900 (you can google it as well)

Really good from the in store demo in Low-Ligh conditions.

OOps, just realized you haven't gotten the camera yet. Please post up once you have it installed so we can see how/where you installed it and how big it is!

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think I am going to buy the tribeca navi one that looks like it would wount eassy and wouldnt require drilling through metal to hide the wiring

Any chance you have anymore info about the tirbeca camera like model # or if we buy it does it come with the proper connectors and wires. The pic really helped me Thanks!

TIA

Anthony

Hi folks.

FWIW here are some pic's of my removal of the sat nav for my MY07 3.0.

The part that got me was having to lift and slide it to the right to release it from the plastic clips at the back of the unit...was about to snap the off when it occured to me it might slot in to the clips...one hard pull to the right and out it came :) We live and learn!

I can also confirm that the Sat Nav requires an NTSC source. It does NOT handle PAL sources.

Here is a short video showing it working...Thanks to my Tivo :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMglX-sj9yA]YouTube - Subi Sat Nav with NTSC source[/ame]

interior.jpg.a5f89459f1877b30d219f4f09ce7bea2.jpg

start.jpg.8d8d335c4d3eb31a0f3853337daa3ee8.jpg

CD.jpg.b42bb56c2a63f9dad90945e4bb2e4831.jpg

1035255021_sideclips.thumb.jpg.7ce58946313063cc6a6aab67d00101f7.jpg

1333104584_topclips.jpg.940240878ff121596495e03c14ff5b64.jpg

cover1.thumb.jpg.921ed5cc7aab820cee4ab172f3d94643.jpg

1887852318_removecover.jpg.75e92aeeafb3dda1427c6b7f1e4c07e3.jpg

screws.jpg.f136b1e2a09e67970617ab42b57883ea.jpg

back.jpg.15b84ae8c13a96eb3809ac91f6d8f8a1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
:whore:
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy][B]"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'." -Jedi Master Yoda (I believe he was talking about the search tool)[URL="http://specb.jerkerstudios.com/"][/URL] [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Archived