LegacyGT.com

Another OEM NAVI Features Hack Thread - Progress and Documents

SubLo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hy,

I have the elef2 main unit, and I already use the connector cable that enables the audio/video input. When I bought this cable it was bundled with a special cable to connect a backup cam. So far I understood, it was intended to be connected directly to the screen. But when I took off the touch screen, I was disappointed to see that there is no connector for this device. However, when I enter in the service menu of my setup, I do find a prompt with backup camera not connected. I also noticed that on my main unit, there is a port that could receive the back up camera cable I received, but it is already used. Here are pics of both plugs :

the plug that is already in place

the plug from the cable to connect the backup cam

As you can see, the plug are similar, but the pin used aren't the same.

I do believe that it should be possible to merge the two to activate the backup cam entry on my unit.

I have read a lot about the audio setup of my Suby, espacially in this post, but I may have missed some informations about the elef2 specificities, so please if you can confirm my guess, I would be very grateful.

Ok, today I removed once again my HD and unplugged the cord that I suspected to occupy the port I need to set the rear cam plug I mentioned in my previous post. I then turned on my stereo and I checked to see what was missing. But nothing is wrong : stereo works, DVD player works, Navy ok. I turned into the service menu (test mode) and nothing seems to be wrong, all inputs ok, reverse engagement detected. I have no idea what this cord is doing. I suspect that these wires are not connected to anything but are just prewired for optional device. Then I plugged in the adaptor cable I have (video input as rear cam) and grounded the wire to enable the rear cam. It works : in test mode, the rear cam is detected connected, and if I engage reverse, the screen automatically switch to rear view, displaying nothing for the moment as I have no cam connected.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...
I'm gonna bump this because I do not want to read through 44 pages. Has anyone been able to get boost and afr gauges to read on the oem screen?

Not possible using the oem screen. You csn ditch it and add a tablet to do that though.

Rear view camera signal goes through the molecular connector the rca yellow connector is video there were a few companies that made devices that u could wire in get a boost gauge then use that rca as away to get in your nav think his camp was what it was called other companies did the same go through the 44 pages if u really want to know

The stock software will not give you the information you are looking for, but systems like the HKS Camp II do exist which can use the stock screen to display the information you are after.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

• 11 months later...

Archived