LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Damn! HOT WAGON! My wife was getting all hot n' bothered by it. She wants one - but too bad they only make Outbacks now...

Anyways - loved the in car sound - but the outside was a little raspy - but still very very nice.

I kind of wish I had gotten a wagon instead of the sedan. I'd rock it all day and night long!

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

As many washers as you can fit (AKA straight pipes).

The larger the space, the louder it gets. Tone stays pretty much the same (depp burble sound comes from our header, not anything after that)

Keep us updated!

Need a CarPC bezel? PM me!

^ I am curious, but with more spacers is it possible to gain HP if we have a Protune already? It would essentially create more airflow, right?

My setup being, CAI, Catless UP, HF Catted DP, and (stock catback exhaust).....and a protune of course

There's been so much theory that I don't know what the "official" stance is, but it's often commented that the Y-pipe is a bigger restriction then the stock mufflers.

Although I'm sure it's possible to free up a few ponies, I doubt you could ever get as much as an aftermarket CBE no matter how many washers you stack on.

There's been so much theory that I don't know what the "official" stance is, but it's often commented that the Y-pipe is a bigger restriction then the stock mufflers.

Although I'm sure it's possible to free up a few ponies, I doubt you could ever get as much as an aftermarket CBE no matter how many washers you stack on.

True.

I'm going for retaining the stock pipes, so CBE isn't the route for me either. BUT, if I were to go down that route, I'd probably go with afttermarket mid & y-pipe, and keep stock mufflers.

AND......Hoggggggg the y-pipe to retain the sound ;)

Need a CarPC bezel? PM me!

This guy was riding in my car yesterday and asked me if this was a WRX or a Legacy. He said, "do you have aftermarket exhaust?" I said "Well, no, but its modified."

To think, I spent less than a $1 and 20 minutes of my time. ha

I tried to do this mod yesterday, but uhhh - i ran into this...

http://www.imagingphototech.com/car/exhaust.jpg

God!! Is the exhaust covered under warrenty? the whole cat-back looks like this!!

Guest Gitster

Wowy ...

Looks like you could still get an impact gun or breaker bar on thurrrrr.

Maybe a grinder would work best, then just replace the bolts ??

i don't think that looks bad at all! I mean, it's just some rust flakes from the soft steel of the flanges. Spray some PBlast'er in there - a 1 ft breaker bar, and you're done. Really - I've seen MUCH MUCH worse, and yes, gotten said worse bolts off before I got my impact gun. PBlast'er is so great. Do it 6 times in one day ahead of time, and once before you start. No prob. Trust the hog.
I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

aww, come on man . . . that ain't nothin if you've ever worked on old cars : ) i got a 1977 K5 blazer and put a lift on it. everything was original . . . and man . . . u ever tried messing with 30yr old brake lines?? a lil liquid wrench and wire brush and 6point socket and you'll be fine :)

idk if anyone has posted a sound clip on here with the NA engines but i should FINALLY be getting my injen cai soon, planning on installing the cai and doing the hogzaust on one muffler when i get back from vacation next weekend. ill post some videos once i install everything