LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if it's not rusted through, there will be no warranty coverage!

Agreed. Rust isn't "damage" until it's really doing damage. Right now, that's purely cosmetic rust. The only hurt that that kind of rust could actually do is exactly what it's doing right now, sealing that joint and keeping those bolts staying-put.

Bad for hogzawst, not bad in reality.

PB blaster that to heck, be patient, and get a breaker bar. You'll get it, don't worry!

Need a CarPC bezel? PM me!

Yup.

Knock out the rusted bolts, replace them new. I didn't, and I'm kicking myself because my joints/bolts were beautiful when I did the mod originally, and now they've seen an Upstate-NY winter and look like yours.

I'll be replacing them soon, just too lazy.

And Canon, if you're worried about future rust, you could get really anal and grind/wire-brush the current rust off of the joints. Then you could seal the spots with some sort of sealer or engine paint.

Not sure how well that would work, but might give you peace of mind atleast hah.

hahah - i like the wire brush idea.

Just help the rust along ;) its so bad on the hangers that I think if i keep at it for a few months, by next spring they will fall off, and theyll need to replace the whole muffler - which wont come off due to rust and replace the whole cat back =D

I had to take my washers off today so that I can pass inspection. :(

What is the difference in sound with just 1 washer compared to 2 washers? just curious.....

I guess I feel pretty lucky. Inspections in the Atlanta area consist of hooking their computer up to the OBDII port. If there are no CELs, inspection passes. They apparently delay the inspection requirement for a few years too. When I went to get my car checked, I was told that my '05 didn't need to be checked until next year. I automatically pass by the car being only two years old.

The downside is that we used to have inspections every other year, but they changed it to every year, and they didn't drop the price at all. Another money maker for the government.

Yeah. I'm thinking that you mean emissions instead of inspection?

(Unless they do emissions and inspection at the same time)

In MD, we only have to get the car inspected within 30 days of planned selling, BUT emissions has to be checked every 2-years (which is the OBDII connection that you speak of)

But, guys, PLAY IT SAFE at inspections and remove the washers. It only takes a few minutes. If it's your first time removing them, replace them with stainless pieces when your put them back on (Bolts, nuts, and washers). You WILL thank yourself later.

Yeah. I'm thinking that you mean emissions instead of inspection?

(Unless they do emissions and inspection at the same time)

In MD, we only have to get the car inspected within 30 days of planned selling, BUT emissions has to be checked every 2-years (which is the OBDII connection that you speak of)

But, guys, PLAY IT SAFE at inspections and remove the washers. It only takes a few minutes. If it's your first time removing them, replace them with stainless pieces when your put them back on (Bolts, nuts, and washers). You WILL thank yourself later.

Oops. You're right. I was saying inspection, but meaning emissions. No inspections necessary in Georgia.

I had to take my washers off today so that I can pass inspection. :(

What is the difference in sound with just 1 washer compared to 2 washers? just curious.....

1 vs 2 will make a bigger difference than you'd expect. Much much DEEPER, and lots more blurble at idle. Sounds less like a leak, and more like an exhaust. If you've only done 1...DO TWO!!!

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

1 vs 2 will make a bigger difference than you'd expect. Much much DEEPER, and lots more blurble at idle. Sounds less like a leak, and more like an exhaust. If you've only done 1...DO TWO!!!

Really? I am at stage 1 and was always afraid that stage 2 would just sound way too loud and kind of cheesy. Well, I have to go to stage zero to pass inspection and maybe I'll give stage 2 a shot. Other's agree stage 2 sounds much better than 1?

Really? I am at stage 1 and was always afraid that stage 2 would just sound way too loud and kind of cheesy. Well, I have to go to stage zero to pass inspection and maybe I'll give stage 2 a shot. Other's agree stage 2 sounds much better than 1?

Two washers will be louder, but the note is a good deal deeper compared to 1 washer. MUCH better sounding if you ask me, but a little loud during early morning cold starts. When the car warms up, it is really nice!

I have done 2 washers and I am running Protuned TDC Stage II mods. It was quite loud. I was wondering whether it would be a little bit less quiet with just 1 washer. I reverted back to stock for my inspection the other day. Will probably throw washers back on this weekend.

if 2 are louder than 1, likely 1 is quieter than 2...

Translated into Jedi-speak:

"If louder than 1 2 are, likely quieter than 2 1 is."

Master Hogmeat cannot be bothered to perform such translations, for he is a powerful exhaust Jedi.