LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok i just did this and it sounds nice.used 2 washers.can there be power loss cause of this?

Reducing backpressure allows a more free-flowing exhaust. You should have a slight increase in power, though I'm not sure if it will be noticable. Maybe at higher RPMs.

Thankfully the turbo creates all the needed backpressure in our exhaust systems.

Doing something like this on an NA Car (IN THEORY) could create issues. Nothing major of course, but any alterations to the flow on an NA car that is not accounted for in the stock mapping could throw things off.

Thats why, I'm loving the $0.50 exhaust system on my Leggy, that sounds better than the $800 system on my previous car, heh.

Need a CarPC bezel? PM me!

I did this tonight and for $.95, it's amazing. Thanks!

(By the way, I didn't have any gaskets. Is that why my fuel mileage has been so terrible? If so, I'm taking the HogZaust off and driving down to my Subaru dealership to destroy someone.)

(By the way, I didn't have any gaskets. Is that why my fuel mileage has been so terrible? If so, I'm taking the HogZaust off and driving down to my Subaru dealership to destroy someone.)

Doubtful......

Your mileage prolly suxors due to overuse of the rightmost pedal. Please refrain from using it so harshly;)

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Highly unlikely that anything past the last cat (i.e. your rear cans) will impact fuel mileage in any meaningful way.

Well, ok, if you stuffed apples in there or something, that'd be really bad, but.. missing gaskets would only make it louder, nothing else..

HV

Doubtful......

Your mileage prolly suxors due to overuse of the rightmost pedal. Please refrain from using it so harshly;)

Actually, I get 14mpg city and 19-21 highway with normal (aka SLOW) driving.

Dealer fuel consumption test of 100 miles highway at 55mph: 19mpg

Last 3 tanks of mixed driving: Average of 15mpg

I have data from the last 20,000 miles. It's not pretty. :mad:

Actually, I get 14mpg city and 19-21 highway with normal (aka SLOW) driving.

Dealer fuel consumption test of 100 miles highway at 55mph: 19mpg

Last 3 tanks of mixed driving: Average of 15mpg

I have data from the last 20,000 miles. It's not pretty. :mad:

Wow. Mine seems to be substantially better. I've never actually calculated based on miles driven/gas used, but according to my car's readout, I average 19-20 most of the time, and that's including my morning hustle to work. I'm usually not that gentle with the right-most pedal either. Highway driving nets me 25-27 mpg average.

I think you need to remove more exhaust restrictions. Are you cat-free?

awww....this is the only reason why hog has fame...(and his infamous arguments with a catted uppipe and drill)

haha....

either way, I will still wear my stainless washers with pride! It was nice knowing you all!

Need a CarPC bezel? PM me!