New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
i did this early this morning like around 4 am and it is amazingly loud on my car. is it due to me removing 1 cat and having another high flow cat and different mufflers?

Is that a serious question?

Not being mean, just hoping it's not, since you answered it yourself hah.

Need a CarPC bezel? PM me!

People have been running with them since atleast about 14 months ago (when Hog created this thread?)

This causes no problems, it physically can't, it's located after everything on the exhaust system that matters.

Dealers are tricky, some will take them out (because it's technically an exhaust leak), and some will let them be. It in no way voids your warranty or anything of that nature though.

DO IT!

^^ yea i heard that before. i had hyundai void my warranty b/c they said my intake caused the car's brake failure. yea. i have heard it all.

It's actually against the law for them to do that.

There's a law (which I can't seem to remember at this moment, but it has been talked about quite a bit on these boards) that limits the dealer from making such claims unless they can PROVE the cause of the issue. It must be directly connected to the part.

Can't remember if this law is new or old. For some reason I seem to remember it being a newer thing (within the last 10 years?), but who knows.

Also, I don't believe that they can cross-reference something like that. I mean, theoretically if I have a GT35R turbo setup in my car and my brakes go bad, sure. Obviously I had too much GO, and not enough STOP. Then SOA might be able to void my brake warranty.

But in terms of a few washers, the worst thing they'll do is not warranty the mufflers and/or y-pipe if they rust prematurely hah. Even then, they'd have to prove that that was due to you spacing the pipes with washers.

Don't worry about it. If you have to take the car in and you're worried, just remove the washers. Takes 10 mins and frees your mind of worry.

DO IT! No problems for 18 months here. I'm Stage 2 and catless too.

50,000+ views can't be wrong!

OK OK, that has nothing to do wtih anything...but you get the idea. no one has ever reported anyting bad, other than too loud for them.

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

DO IT! No problems for 18 months here. I'm Stage 2 and catless too.

50,000+ views can't be wrong!

OK OK, that has nothing to do wtih anything...but you get the idea. no one has ever reported anyting bad, other than too loud for them.

Agreed. Honestly, mine's pretty loud, but I'm used to it now and saddened.

If I do go about adding additional washers (which I probably will), anyone have the bolt size? I'm looking to replace with stainless this time (meant to last time I added a washer, but didn't have the time).

It's actually against the law for them to do that.

There's a law (which I can't seem to remember at this moment, but it has been talked about quite a bit on these boards) that limits the dealer from making such claims unless they can PROVE the cause of the issue. It must be directly connected to the part.

Can't remember if this law is new or old. For some reason I seem to remember it being a newer thing (within the last 10 years?), but who knows.

Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302) (Federal Law)

Subsection © deals with aftermarket parts

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

Agreed. Honestly, mine's pretty loud, but I'm used to it now and saddened.

If I do go about adding additional washers (which I probably will), anyone have the bolt size? I'm looking to replace with stainless this time (meant to last time I added a washer, but didn't have the time).

3/8" washers work. (3/8" diam bolts) i've had stainless on there for about 2 months now and they still look shiny.

It's not about speed, it's about acceleration!

Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302) (Federal Law)

Subsection © deals with aftermarket parts

ooooo trust me i was well versed in this. that law means nothing. tell a dealer that and they dont care about it. you actually have to have money to prosecute them and they still have the right to deny you service which is normally the case. it is total B.S.

SOA just told me that by that dealer putting Krex in my engine, if they were to link it to engine failure that b/c of the actions of the subaru dealer my engine warranty would be void. aight that nice.

Wow. So SOA could void your warranty because of malpractice of a dealer's service?

Isn't there some sort of system of checks and balances? I'm not quite sure how a dealer's actions are held accountable under you...

Sounds like you should get a great warranty and service tech should be fired, not the other way around...But hey, I think in reality, I don't live in it.

Wow. So SOA could void your warranty because of malpractice of a dealer's service?

Isn't there some sort of system of checks and balances? I'm not quite sure how a dealer's actions are held accountable under you...

Sounds like you should get a great warranty and service tech should be fired, not the other way around...But hey, I think in reality, I don't live in it.

start at the top of the second page w/ the email i sent to SOA and see their reply basically stating b/c byer's auto put Krex in my engine, if there is a problem, i am SOL. got the car w/ 3.4 miles on it, at 2,558 i am already getting flack from SOA.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68672&page=2

• 2 weeks later...
Added your name... I meant to put it on there initially but was in a rush to post it to show my roomate.

I don't quite get the staging system, but all I have is intake silencer delete and the hogzaust now... So... Stage 0.125?

He's referring to how many washers you used per bolt....1 = stage 1, 2 = stage 2...