LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

Guest subiecity
well when i did this last year or so, idle sounded shitty, and at low rpms sounded shitty like a bad exhaust leak, i mean up top sounded good but, after a few days i just bought axlebacks

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well when i did this last year or so, idle sounded shitty, and at low rpms sounded shitty like a bad exhaust leak, i mean up top sounded good but, after a few days i just bought axlebacks

Yeah, without the unequal header and the turbo, sounds like a fartcan. Lovin the idle and the "burble"

What axlebacks did you pick up?

Need a CarPC bezel? PM me!

Guest subiecity
perrin axlebacks, friggan sweet, with intake pulley and axlebacks, thing sounds mean as shit, all the guys can vouch for me at the palisades meet.....

I trust ya.

Hows the pulley change the sound? (Just wondering, had pulleys on my Civic back in the day (although very diff motor) made it more snappy but no sound diff).

Guest subiecity
well the revs are quicker, so with the intake and axlebacks, its nice and deep, the pulley just helps it rev quicker , so the exuast sounds a lil faster then normal...hard to explain what i wanna say

I actually went back to stock after being Hawg-zawst stg 1 for 6 months. The car seems SO quiet now. So quiet that taking off from a dead stop in normal driving has become difficult (and I've been a MT driver for 20 years). :lol: I've stalled it a few times because I can't hear the engine revving. lol.

That was my initial reaction when I read it. :lol:

Mine as well. I had a full set of underdrive pulleys...none of which consisted of an intake pulley...since we dont have one.

I actually went back to stock after being Hawg-zawst stg 1 for 6 months. The car seems SO quiet now. So quiet that taking off from a dead stop in normal driving has become difficult (and I've been a MT driver for 20 years). :lol: I've stalled it a few times because I can't hear the engine revving. lol.

you'll be back....and this time it will be Stage 2. Really Stage 1 doesn't sound that good.

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

Honestly Im at Stg3'ish, still pondering going straight pipes. I dunno why, but I really don't think it's loud right now.

Hog, I know youve done it, and said it's ridiculously loud, so we'll see. It's just that my pipes have a pretty large gap right now with my washers, and it's really only "loud" up high.

Well, I'm the same way. My S2 is way too quiet for me too. I was going 3 soon. For some reason thou, deletes just made it super loud. NO idea why. It was bad. Take your mufflers OFF for a while, and imagine about 30% louder than that if you had straight pipes. It won't melt anything. I had them off for days...

Try it.

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

I tried my new "system" (see my previous post) and it was teh sux. It was a little more quiet than a STG2 inside, probably as loud or more outside but the "idle crappiness" came back and it was making some crappy and loud popping noises when I reved on neutral.

STG2 really put a smile on my face the first days and I really liked it the first week or two but now I'm getting bored of it and I really don't like what it does on the highway when going uphill (low tone humming, makes your ears feels like they wanna implode) and I can't imagine doing a long trip with that. I've put it back to stock for now, but I've put some high temperature anti-seize on the gaskets and the bolts just in case I change my mind.

BTW, I'd recommend you put a coat of that on your exhaust fittings if you go Hogzaust so it protects them. This is some seriously sticky stuff and won't wash off easily.

I havent noticed the droning at my Stg3'ish. The popping that sometimes happens when coming down in the revs is music to my ears, because it reminds me of a true free-flowing exhaust (Granted its only audible during idle revs)

I like the sound, cant imagine going back to stock. But then again, this is by far the quietest out of the 3 cars Ive had (stock).

oooohhhh baby. You get my motor revving...

Hawt

You like it?

lol, my post didnt seem too enthusiastic. i love it, everyone loves it, heads turning for whatever reasons are assumed to be lovers too.

friends dig it, girlies dig it, neighbors have to dig it.. its all good

especially for time invested.

i couldnt get gasket off cause i took a test drive after doing one side (dumb) so it was all hot.. thus its still on the right side, oh welll..

thanks

I havent noticed the droning at my Stg3'ish. The popping that sometimes happens when coming down in the revs is music to my ears, because it reminds me of a true free-flowing exhaust (Granted its only audible during idle revs)

I like the sound, cant imagine going back to stock. But then again, this is by far the quietest out of the 3 cars Ive had (stock).

No popping at shifts?? Either you aren't shifiting hard enough or your tune is different than mine. My TDC tune used to pop like mad. Even a good BLAM! every once in a while (WOT only, of course). My PDX didn't much, but the COBB one does!