LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

So, I figured I'd give this a try last night. I have the 2.5 n/a and all I have to say is thank god it's a reversable mod, because I think it's sounding like that kid up the street who has the fartmobilehonda. Maybe it sounds better on the turbo?

I think it's already been mentioned a number of times in this thread it's not really recommended on the n/a version for "sounds like crap" reasons.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now if only there was an "allowed off topic posts per page" setting to trim the fat :lol:

Nah, here in the Hogzaust thread, we're much more concerned with quantity than quality. We're trying to push Hogmeat up to 10,000 posts, no matter what it takes!

Er, I mean push the thread to 10,000, not necessarily push Hogmeat to 10,000, though I'm sure he'll get there too...

Changed to staged 2 today.

Seemed too loud at the begening but I'm getting used to it. That defenitely fixed the crappy idling sound problem.

But I think I'l take some scrap metal plates and make myself something a little bit more sophesticated next week.

I think you'll find that good old washers sound the best. I messed with the plates, and did not recieve any satisfaction. We here in america have a saying:

GIMME! GIMME! GIMMIE!

Well, that and also, Keep it simple, stupid

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

I think you'll find that good old washers sound the best. I messed with the plates, and did not recieve any satisfaction. We here in america have a saying:

GIMME! GIMME! GIMMIE!

Well, that and also, Keep it simple, stupid

Agreed. I think it also depends on the sound. Some users here mentioned that by using plates (or cut gaskets) that you were eliminating sound directed up towards the cabin. Although this may be true, all you're really doing is forcing the sound out of a smaller hole, which is directing it elsewhere.

I personally like the washer method, haven't tried the gasket method, maybe will just for argument's sake.

Need a CarPC bezel? PM me!

My cut gasket method has about a 3/8" gap in the flange, but I used some pretty thick pieces of Garlock when I made them up.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

My cut gasket method has about a 3/8" gap in the flange, but I used some pretty thick pieces of Garlock when I made them up.

Well there ya go. I would have to say that that is a much larger gap than those who had mentioned trimming the stock gasket. I imagine that it sounded (or sounds) very similar to washers with a gap that large?

I went from two thicker washers to my custom gaskets. It got a tad quieter, but I think that was from blocking the top so the exhaust wasn't hitting the floor pan. It really woke up when I put on the 3" full length catted DP. It is a joy to keep in 3rd gear and run it up and down the RPM range.

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

lol. I wonder what new pipes sound like? I was disappointed - I got NO increase at all from gutted all 3 of my cats. It was a sad day. I honestly thought about bandsawing some thick gaskets out of al barstock, but then the whole point of this is so easy a hogmeat can do it. so i didn't.
I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

There's my new system I made with a piece of metal I found. It was a b*tch to make because that was some seriously hard steel. It might be a little bit too thick though.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h228/strabismo/Spacers.jpg

I'm installing them as soon as I can. Can't wait to hear what it does.

NIIIIIICE!!! Should have done it with some aluminum barstock. Unless the steel was free, of course.

With as much as you have blocked - i doubt it'll sound too loud. How about this? One digicam movie of before - with what htey were, and one AFTER with new product. You could have some sales....

Please???

Yeah the metal was free.

The digital camera that took the vid wasn't mine. All I got is a crappy camera that takes barely recognisable videos without sound and as you can see, the pictures aren't that good either.

And I noticed that I'l need to work on these spacers a little bit more because I noticed that they're not perfectly flat. So next week maybe.

But what's really annoying me is that it's as thick as 3-4 washers. I don't want exhaust fumes to escape the gap.

Exactly what mine looks like, except made out of steam boiler gasket material. I did bevel the edges at the exit into a more bell shape. Thicker is better, IMO. You lose more then 50% of your opening with this method, so I made it up by going thicker.

Looks good....

hmmm...what wrong with the fumes exiting 1 foot closer to the cabin?

I suppose it's all those mornings warming my catless car up in the garage with the vent on. Am I wrong to actually enjoy the exhaust smell and the haze it puts on you?

I mean, it's so relaxing.

With those spacers, are the stock bolts going to have enough thread to really bite and stay for the long run? Cant judge the thickness from the pics, but you might need some longer SS bolts.

Im thinking the exhaust exiting there isnt a terrible idea, also depends on if youre catless. Once youre moving youre fine, IMHO. Unfortunately this is one time when Ill take the sound over the brain cells.

Wow, maybe Ive lost a few too many already...