LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hahah but it is true. Not to mention it is illegal, and what about the backpressure due to the exhaust leak?

so is speeding, my full length DP, re-flashing the factory ECU, etc.........

no preaching:rolleyes:

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

well I dont know about states, but in Canada, it is illegal to have exhaust leak like that.

I could understand that if the leak is AHEAD of the cats, but AFTER the cats? There is no environmental impact other than sound. The mufflers don't clean the exhaust, they only muffle it.

Hey Pillboy, I like your sig line.

Even though AWD can't quite alter the laws of physics, it comes really close...

Regarding the exhaust leak, the flanges are under the rear seats, so you can fume out the passengers while maintaining a clear head up front! Besides, it'll only happen when sitting still. While moving, the gasses are safely whisked away by your forward movement.

So only those people who spend a lot of time sitting in rush hour traffic need worry, but then it's probably much more of a worry being surrounded by all those older, smoggier cars around you than from your own car.

You may not pass inspection because of the leak, but I dont think it's incriminating here in the states to drive with a leak. You're fine until inspection.

Plus, it takes 10 mins to put back to stock, just pull the washers prior to such check-ups.

Need a CarPC bezel? PM me!

hahah but it is true. Not to mention it is illegal, and what about the backpressure due to the exhaust leak?

It would take away backpressure, not add it (which is a plus). Exhaust leaks past the cats just harm noise, nothing in the operational bit of the car.

Need a CarPC bezel? PM me!

Hey Pillboy, I like your sig line.

Even though AWD can't quite alter the laws of physics, it comes really close...

Smart enough to read...smart enough you won't become a crash thread.

Post up guys...the "Head On" thread is quickly catching this one for number of posts.

It is still ugly.

Well then I guess I cant do it on my BE since it is NA?

well its not that you CANT do it, it probably just wont sound the same. i think its been discussed here before, possibly something to do with different compression ratios or something or something. if you want to try it, go ahead and try it, best part about this 'mod' is that you can take it off if you dont like it like some of the NA legacies.

• 3 weeks later...

I just went Hozaust STG 1 and all I can say is w00t!!!!! I drove it around for 15 minutes with a huge smile on my face and now I already want to go STG2 :lol:

The only thing though is that it sounds very ugly at idle. Instead of a sweeeet rumble, it sounds more like a *pffpffpffpffpff*. Will a STG2 fix that? :D

I just went Hozaust STG 1 and all I can say is w00t!!!!! I drove it around for 15 minutes with a huge smile on my face and now I already want to go STG2 :lol:

The only thing though is that it sounds very ugly at idle. Instead of a sweeeet rumble, it sounds more like a *pffpffpffpffpff*. Will a STG2 fix that? :D

Yes - stage 2 will GREATLY improve the idle tone - I think that at low pressures, it's more like a leak - and you need a bigger gap to make it sound right. It will be a little louder at first, but you will quickly become accustomed to it...

Not sure how thick of washers you are using, but if still too "weeny" then add 3! At the thickness I use, you can add 3, but not 4 washers and still get full bite on the threads.

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST