LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

So, I noticed a few days ago that my 05 LGT felt like it didn’t have much kick when the turbo is suppose to boost. I drove around a little bit and I noticed that when I put load on the car and I should get boost I hear a hissing noise from the turbo side of the engine compartment. I took the heat shield off of the turbo and checked the waste gate and actuator, both operate fine. Then I went to the blow off/ Recirculation valve, I noticed that it was not holding a tight seal on the piston so I replaced but nothing changed. I have smoke tested the car and fixed a couple little leaks in the PCV system but that’s all I could find. The car runs perfectly fine except for no boost. It burns a little bit of oil but not smoking out the tail pipe excessively and not at all once it has warmed up. I am going to boost leak test it on Monday when I get back to the shop I work at, and I feel like the only thing left would be the down pipe is leaking or pre cat is clogged and forces the waste gate open whenever I try to accelerate. I have no check engine light and I plugged in my Launch X431 scanner to it and no codes for the ECM or TCM. If anybody on here has any idea I would really appreciate it. I just want to enjoy my GT again!

Fit was excellent, took about 3hrs start to finish!

Just need to figure out what to do with the fogs and get the panels color matched affordably. I might try to make the '05 fogs to fit in the new bumper.

All that work and you didn’t clear the Amber?!?!

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Redid my parking brake boot. Black leather with medium blue stitching from Redline Goods. Second one here. First time around, I didn't do a good job putting it on the bracket and also got glue caught on my fingers when placing it so some parts were glossy and had lifted. Happened again but in an inconspicuous spot so I'm annoyed rather than majorly upset.

123914535_365548621220892_1638100418523694352_n.thumb.png.e47ba1a1f3c9ba6bff829e270c9fbf63.png

So, I noticed a few days ago that my 05 LGT felt like it didn’t have much kick when the turbo is suppose to boost. I drove around a little bit and I noticed that when I put load on the car and I should get boost I hear a hissing noise from the turbo side of the engine compartment. I took the heat shield off of the turbo and checked the waste gate and actuator, both operate fine. Then I went to the blow off/ Recirculation valve, I noticed that it was not holding a tight seal on the piston so I replaced but nothing changed. I have smoke tested the car and fixed a couple little leaks in the PCV system but that’s all I could find. The car runs perfectly fine except for no boost. It burns a little bit of oil but not smoking out the tail pipe excessively and not at all once it has warmed up. I am going to boost leak test it on Monday when I get back to the shop I work at, and I feel like the only thing left would be the down pipe is leaking or pre cat is clogged and forces the waste gate open whenever I try to accelerate. I have no check engine light and I plugged in my Launch X431 scanner to it and no codes for the ECM or TCM. If anybody on here has any idea I would really appreciate it. I just want to enjoy my GT again!

You should make your own post about this so its easier to find and follow.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I've never been very comfortable opening/modding headlights, especially when they say DOT legal on them.

Understood. If you ever want to do them I’ll give you a hand. I’ve opened them up quite a few times.

Lots of cutting to make that grille fit, eh?

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Lots of trimming on the backside lower edge, might need a little more too, the gap at the bottom seems more noticeable. It's tight around the hood latch and flexing a bit.

And maybe take you up on the headlights at some point. The driver side is a little foggy and I'd like to really clear them up over the winter. 2 birds, one cup

Installed the new group N engine mounts. What a difference! The old mounts were original and had 185k on them. :lol:

Very easy to do, would definitely recommend. Now I need to stop being lazy and install the tmic water misters...

Edited by Marvick08GT

Installed the new group N engine mounts. What a difference! The old mounts were original and had 185k on them. :lol:

Very easy to do, would definitely recommend. Now I need to stop being lazy and install the tmic water misters...

Do you notice any sizable increases in NVH with them?

Not really, I already have the group N trans mount and Perrin pitch stop though. I think the entire group N setup would probably be great. Lots of people install the mounts incorrectly and increase binding (NVH)

You have to remove the pitch stop and make sure the engine is settled before you tighten the lower nuts on the subframe.

Do you notice any sizable increases in NVH with them?

Thanks to Marvick, I replaced the broken evap solenoid yesterday morning. Drove it out in the summer-esque weather yesterday, then took it for a wash for the first time in a couple years (mostly for the undercarriage, to wash off the salt that was on the autocross track last weekend)

n4E2C3xl.jpg

This morning, took it to get the underside fluid-film'd. Looks like I really need to look into replacing my brake lines sometime soon :spin:

1i9HnvGl.jpg

XmO05FMl.jpg

lol, yeah it is just a cheap catch can. I have stock turbo inlet. The catch can seamed to catch more moisture than anything. I don't plan on putting it back. Though a good hiding spot is under the intake snorkel, for that stealthy and clean OEM look

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

Finally picked up my wagons 10 year stored, 10k mile, Greddy SP2 Catback(lucky find and purchase).

Gave it a good cleaning, will clean the mid and Y and try and install when we get a bit of warmth here. My hope is I won't need to add a resonator. Cobb catted DP will be added in the spring.

1223608935_Greddycans.thumb.jpg.e67067508d094bcb1ed0dc78ca6b609c.jpg

1332675122_IMG_20201109_085649598(1).thumb.jpg.b9b96f89ce2bce64edbdd36babad2edc.jpg

Edited by JJr

Anyone ever installed the self-tensioning A/C belt with a fluidampr pulley? I’ve had a grimmspeed LWCP for a while, and might make the switch to smooth things out a bit.

Pm me what you need to know. You deff want the fluidampr over the lwcp.

Or convert back to the idler pulley. Admittedly the bearings go bad every 100k, but it is sooo much easier to service, lol.

Pm me what you need to know. You deff want the fluidampr over the lwcp.

Or convert back to the idler pulley. Admittedly the bearings go bad every 100k, but it is sooo much easier to service, lol.

Thanks Mike. I’ll probably just pick up a new tensioner and switch back, like you suggested. Easy enough!

I've got nothing to add, other than... hey man!

What’s up Alex! Good to see you still on here. Still driving your LGT?

What’s up Alex! Good to see you still on here. Still driving your LGT?

Hiya Rick! Argh, it pains me but it stays most of its time parked at my parents' place in RI. It gets some drives but not as much as it needs. I have concerns about it aging poorly while sitting most of the time. Still pulls like a champ, though.

When I eventually own a place where I can park multiple cars, I'll bring it back in and start to use it as a little project car just to play around with for my own learning / tinkering.

I drive a 2015 Audi allroad as my daily now. Loving it... beautiful wagon with some wheels and lowered and the 2.0T has some power. It was supposed to be all show no go, but my local buddy dropped a V8 from an RS5 into his same generation allroad and sold me his K04 turbo upgrade with the intercooler and high flow cat, so here I am now around 330whp on pump :lol: ... but, they're stout motors and are supposed to be pretty reliable even with this moderate power increase.

I'm hoping you're still driving that gorgeous red beast!